PDA

View Full Version : To share or not to share?

prettytoes
03-19-2018, 07:34 PM
I recently purchased a really pretty pink open-shoulder top with flared sleeves. I love the way it looks and feels, so comfortable and so pretty.

My wife is fairly tolerant of my needs, but I would not wear a top like this in front of her. She does not participate or approve of my dressing. Now here's my dilemma...I think this top would look great on her...I love the open shoulder look.
Two problems...
1-I don't want to give up the top....I love it
2- I think offering to let her wear it may not go over so well...it's all in her head, how she was brought up, I suppose

I would love to see her in it...she would look great wearing it....ugh, what to do?

Majella St Gerard
03-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Um...how bout you buy her her own. Just pointing out the obvious.

Cassandra Lynn
03-19-2018, 07:42 PM
My initial thought is that she will assume your trying to get her acceptance or approval, but you, of course, know her the best.

It's one of those unfortunate dilemma's we face.

Cass

Beverley Sims
03-20-2018, 05:33 AM
Don't be selfish, give her the top.

You may get a favourable reaction and even open up a couple of doors.

If she refuses the top, you still have it.

Even if you don't wear it. :-)

Teresa
03-20-2018, 05:51 AM
Prettytoes,
Yep , been here with this situation, and got my whatsits chewed off !!

I bought a lovely Next jacket , and felt it was so nice I would offer the use of it to my wife , that was like lighting the blue touch paper and forgetting to stand back ! She told me she didn't want my tarty hand me downs with a look of total disdain on her face as she said it .

Never offered again , oddly it never stopped her her offering me things but when we came close to our separation and we we sorting through clothes I felt I had nothing to lose but tell her openly if I liked the items or not and why , that did feel good she couldn't give me her usual comments and accepted I had thought through how I wanted to look .

Krisi
03-20-2018, 06:45 AM
I have found that my wife likes to pick out her own clothes. Offering to "dress her" isn't taken well so I pretty much just accept what she feels looks good on her. Once she did wear one of my blouses out to dinner with friends and I was very proud. At the same time I was a bit afraid that if somebody complimented her on it she might forget and say "Oh it's Homer's."

Maria_mtf
03-20-2018, 10:02 AM
My wife loves me buying clothes for her, for mothers day I bought her a top and she has worn it 5 times already, I did good!

I know 100% she would not consider wearing something I bought for me so I don't offer because I know the answer.

If you want to have a 100% open relationshiop with your wife well you tell her litterally all your thoughts then go for it ask her, otherwise I would keep it to yourself.

Next time you see something you think she will love dont try it on and buy it as a gift for her.

Amy Lynn3
03-20-2018, 10:11 AM
Keep the top for yourself. I think it would only insult her if you offered it to her after you had worn it. Always buy new items for her, even if she does not want them, because that is not an insult. It sends a message to her if it is new clothing.... it says I am thinking of you and you only.

If she ask to borrow something, give it with pleasure, even if it has been worn.:2c: