PDA

View Full Version : Back in my CD days.

Nicole Erin
03-21-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't label myself but I do live as Erin full time. That started officially I think Dec 2010 when i legally changed my name.

Anyways, I was thinking about when I was in the CD stages and working at some warehouse from 2006 to 2008. Very boring place, packaging customer orders.
I remember every little feminine thing I did, wore, or said was this huge deal. It got to the point where it was just weird.

If i had walked in one day dressed as some over-the-top gawdy drag queen while singing some drag queen type song, Ok fine, that would have been hilarious but no, it was mundane stuff like -

I would wear a solid color tee shirt that happen to come out of the women's section. Even red or blue
"Oh NO, did you see Erin is wearing a blouse?"

Or i would be smoking Virginia Slims or Eve 120's
"Oh NO, Erin is smoking a woman's cigarette!"

I could paint ONE damn nail with clear coat...
"Oh NO, Erin had a full manicure!"

So sometimes I would play it up in some real discrete way just to see if anyone would notice. Like draw a tiny pink dot on my arm or something.
Sure enough, it would become the daily gossip.
Most of the time it was just people asking about my shaved legs or eyebrows.

The weird point though was one day i go in with jeans and a sweater and of course that got noticed. Like they were staring every day just to see what I would look like.
We did have a few other LGBT working there. One gay guy who was REAL swishy and a few lesbians. Of course seldom did anyone say anything about them.

I don't think anyone had a problem with it. Weird thing is once one goes full time or is completely "out", like no one cares. At my present job, I live like this each day and almost no comments or questions.

Jaylyn
03-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Nicole I really think that one day the CD thing I still do will be in the American acceptance level as the gays and lesbians. Those groups made lots of noise and got accepted. Lots of CDs are in the closet like me ( confined to the house by my wife when dressed) and can't make the change. I believe that there may be more acceptance also if companies started making clothing for GMs and GGs similar in colors and only different in fit. I've noticed some changes in advertising on television commercials. This might change many folks thoughts on what's acceptable is very similar to each other and then what we wear might not be the shocker it used to be.

Micki_Finn
03-21-2018, 11:48 AM
When you hide it but drop clues you create a mystery. Human nature is to want to solve mysteries, explain riddles, and otherwise expose hidden knowledge. It’s just the way we are.

Tracii G
03-21-2018, 12:02 PM
I think we all tend to drop clues in hopes of acceptance but we create more mysteries and questions.
So its best to just be yourself and be out.
It clears up all the questions.
It does get to me when some that have "no skin in the game" like to make assumptions on what companies should do with their product line. If it were profitable they would already be doing it and advertising it.
CD's are such a small % so why should they bother?

Beverley Sims
03-21-2018, 01:16 PM
I never really went half way with anything, when I was with my girlfriends I was always one of them and treated as such.

When with my male friends I was just one of the boys with little clue to my other life.

Cherylgyno
03-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Nicole. I developed gynecomastia a number of years ago. I have D cup breasts which I don't even try to hide. I do present as male, short hair, men's jeans (in the process of going to women's jeans) and business shirt. My underwear is all feminine.
When I first developed breasts and needed Abra a GG commented one day My good you're wearing a bra. As she gently placed her hand on my back. My immediate reply was Of course I'm wearing a bra. Aren't you? She was speechless. A few minutes later she approached me to apologise for being rude. I told her no problem.
Just be yourself. You aren't hurting anyone.

Nicole Erin
03-22-2018, 02:18 AM
When you hide it but drop clues you create a mystery. Human nature is to want to solve mysteries, explain riddles, and otherwise expose hidden knowledge. It’s just the way we are.

So nowadays since i drop no clues, just out as Erin all the time, maybe there isn't much to solve?

That place though, the work was super boring and repetitive so I guess anything to create a distraction.

deebra
03-22-2018, 05:39 AM
TraciG, you say CDs are such a small %; should society have accepted us more quickly since small numbers pose less of a threat to their standards or would large numbers of CDs be accepted more quickly? I was having lunch in a restaurant and observing how different and frumpy people dress; it's our fault for not just getting out there just like them and like I'm going to dress today.

Tracii G
03-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Deebra CDs are a small % of the population and why you want to argue that fact is beyond me.
CDs aren't a threat to anyone and you can dress anyway you wish.
Maybe you read into my comment and totally misunderstood my point.
No reason to attack me.