PDA

View Full Version : Cross dresser or transvestite

baldy1
03-27-2018, 02:21 AM
I am confused my brain tells me that a cross dresser is somebody who wears male and female clothes at the same time (e.g. panties / bra below male clothes) and a Transvestite is somebody who dresses fully in female clothes.

So if i am correct in thinking that way then why do Gurls on here refer to persons who go out fully dressed as cross dressers and not Transvestites, personally i don't like the terminology Transvestite?

Just a thought

Regards

Julie

suzanne
03-27-2018, 02:58 AM
They are really the same thing. Whether you just wear panties once in a while or dress to the nines every day with wig, boobs and makeup, we all fit under the same tent. For me, there's a major difference in the usage of the two words. Transvestite is a more clinical word that suggests a psychological defect requiring treatment. I find the notion that we are defective so repugnant I refuse to use the word. But that's just me.

Beverley Sims
03-27-2018, 04:39 AM
They are essentially the same thing, language evolves over time and cross dresser is a more acceptable term to use these days.

Teresa
03-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Julie,
This is a regular question, and simply answered , it is the same thing.

Transvestite is Latin , Trans = to cross , vestite = vestments/garb/clothes , to cross or change clothes usually adding of the opposite sex ( gender , if you like ). In the literal translation there is no connection or mention of sexual content , simply an exchange of clothes . So from that we get crossdressing .

Many don't like Transvestite because of what media and society have suggested by the meaning . It's just a label , I don't like "crossdressing " because to me it now suggests it's something the public think we do in private , squeezing into their wife's clothes making a mess of themselves with badly applied makeup and maybe some sexual release . I now prefer to say I'm TG there is more going on than just wearing the clothes , to me they are the window to the World of how we feel inside , I have a female side which I'm not afraid or ashamed to show .

The problem with using transgender is the media often transpose that to mean transsexual . Also the complication there is someone in transition usn't changing their sex but aligning their gender . I some time wonder if we do over complicate the issues too much . We expect the public to understand and accept us but make it harder by coming up with new labels because we don't feel we fit exactly in the right box.

Marcelle use to say labels are for soup cans , I'm afraid we do need labels to explain all this to our wives and family , there's no escaping them if we want to move forward .

MarinaTwelve200
03-27-2018, 05:56 AM
But we MUST have "Labels" or words to describe people and objects or whatever----Thought works with WORDS---if we do not have a word for something we might can visualize it, but cannot THINK about it. EVERYTHING has to have a name. Hey, it's the way the brain is designed. Yes, we can give things another name if we don't like the common term, but, as a Scientist, I know we MUST define it in text and conversation each time we use it, so our audience is "on the same page". So to speak.

A "Crossdresser" and "Transvestite" are generally the same thing. But most literature suggests that a "Transvestite" is specifically crossdresser who is NOT homosexual. Crossdressers, typically, are not homosexual anyway but "Transvestite" is a more clinical term for a non homosexual crossdresser. Yes, some homosexuals may cross-dress, but not for the same reasons as straight guys, and there are many other reasons to cross-dress, theater jobs, disguise, evasion or just simply FUN. But these would not be considered "transvestites"

BLUE ORCHID
03-27-2018, 06:08 AM
Hi Baldy :hugs:, The word Crossdresser just sounds a lot softer than Transvestite.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Rayleen
03-27-2018, 06:40 AM
Transvestite sounds more feminine, but they both the same

Rayleen

Krisi
03-27-2018, 07:02 AM
A crossdresser is a transvestite and vice versa. In my opinion, "transvestite" is a bit of an insult. I would prefer people to refer to me as a crossdresser.

Asew
03-27-2018, 07:54 AM
When I first told my wife about this site, she says you aren't a crossdresser. She said that a crossdresser is someone that wears the other genders clothes all the time. She said what I had was a fetish since I only wear it when no one is around. After explaining the definitions, she definitely agrees with the crossdresser term now.

Laura912
03-27-2018, 07:58 AM
I put transvestite and “gurl” in the same category. Yes, I am a transvestite, gurl, and cross dresser but prefer the latter term because it has less adverse associations in the public arena. “Gurl” just grates.

CynthiaD
03-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Years ago (1950's & 60's), when I first became aware that I wasn't unique, the correct term was "transvestite." The term "crossdresser" hadn't been invented yet. Over the years, the term "transvestite" became associated with the sleazier side of crossdressing (sex workers and such). Also, it makes crossdressing sound like some sort of weird medical condition. These days most crossdressers would rather not be called transvestites, even though the two terms mean exactly the same thing.

Personally, I don't care. I don't mind being referred to as a transvestite or tranny or TV. The more modern terms, CD, TG, crossdresser, transgender, etc. are also just fine with me. However, my preferred term, when referring to myself is "woman."

GretchenM
03-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Transvestite was the original term and when devised in the late 1800's it was considered to indicate a kind of behavioral aberration. Thirty to fifty years later that opened the door to it being used like Sissy and was considered a derogatory reference to some a freaky male who wore women's clothes. Now it seems to have achieved the honor of being an archaic term used mostly by people who are still living in the 1930's or 40's. In other words it is associated with an age class and reflects the culture they grew up in.

Where I live it is definitely considered a derogatory insult toward someone like us. Here crossdresser usually refers to a person with a masculine identity who prefers wearing women's clothes. But if the person has a significant but partial feminine identity then "trans" or "transgender" is appropriate. If the person is essentially total feminine then transexual is preferred - with or without surgery. That is in Denver; I am sure that in Kansas City or Salt Lake City, each about 500 miles away, it is a bit different. Denver is a very trans friendly city; other places not so much.

Stephanie47
03-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Cross dresser = Transvestite. They are one and the same. If one is wearing women's clothing under male clothing it seems the popular term is "under dressing."

I've always stated it is best to explain in sentences and paragraphs rather than one word. How would you reduce a preoperative transsexual to a single word when wearing women's clothing? If the person's sexual identity is that of a female, although having male genitals, is that person cross dressing when wearing women's clothing or cross dressing when wearing men's clothes?

Is a man who wears women's panties under his jeans a cross dresser or has a fetish for nylon panties?

Just my thoughts.

CONSUELO
03-27-2018, 09:35 AM
As Teresa explained they mean exactly the same. Over the years transvestite was abbreviated to "Tranny" and that word came to be freighted with bad associations for some people and was used in a derogatory sense also.

Me-- I'm a fetishistic transvestite and I don't give a stuff about any negative connotation.

Micki_Finn
03-27-2018, 09:56 AM
I feel like Transvestite is a more dated term, and has others have said, can carry an insulting connotation. I always felt that it always felt that it kind of winkingly noded at a fetishistic intent. But that could just be Rocky coloring my perception.

Cheryl T
03-27-2018, 11:08 AM
The meaning for both is the same.

Leslie Langford
03-27-2018, 11:13 AM
For many people, the term "transvestite" conjures up images of Dr. Frank 'n' Furter of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" fame. 'Nuff said...

robbieatbest
03-27-2018, 11:27 AM
It is only recently that I have heard that people think transvestite is insulting. To me it just sounds more serious (formal) than cross-dresser. I often say to my wife "it can be difficult being a tranny" in a humorous tone. Words do matter but it is dangerous to assume that someone is being insulting. I sometimes say to others that I am a transvestite, sometimes I say cross-dresser sometimes I say that I enjoy wearing women's clothes.

Tracii G
03-27-2018, 11:27 AM
I have always found Rocky Horror to be nasty and very revolting and demeaning to TG people.
I have seen clips of the movie but have never been to a showing. I want nothing to do with it or the people that go to it that think is cool.
The terms mean the same thing generally speaking but like some others transvestite sounds clinical.
Crossdresser I like better but I would rather be called ma'am and thought of as a woman.
@ Julie remember assuming or using your male logic to try to explain anything to do with CDing will end up causing you to be wrong.LOL

Samantha2015
03-27-2018, 11:52 AM
For many people, the term "transvestite" conjures up images of Dr. Frank 'n' Furter of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" fame. 'Nuff said...

I'm the same way, don't like the term TV for that same reason. Seems sleazy and not what most of us are going for.

DIANEF
03-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Although I regard myself as a cross dresser, that is I fully dress, on this side of the pond we are often referred to as 'Trannies' (i.e. transvestites). I don't particularly like the word but it is far from a major issue.

Kate Simmons
03-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Hard to say who determines who or what someone is called. When I was really young the term Transvestite was used, so I went with that. The last 3 or 4 decades the term Crossdresser has come into preferred favor. Evidently some feel it's not considered a fetish that way. The way I see it, I'm myself regardless of what they call it. :battingeyelashes::)

LelaK
03-27-2018, 01:38 PM
I call myself a CD on here, but I like the term tranny more. If I get a GF, I'll ask her to call me that. I like tranny, because it's naughty (and I never cuss; I want to be a mildly $lu++y princess).

GracieRose
03-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Technically they both mean the same thing (as many others have pointed out), the difference being Latin or English.
I prefer Crossdresser since the word 'Transvestite' seems to carry a lot of negative baggage along with it.

Ressie
03-27-2018, 03:04 PM
If your cross dress in the UK, you may be referred to as a transvestite. The first time I heard the word (or phrase?) crossdresser was on Phil Donahue's show. You can call yourself a crossdresser but if someones calls you a transvestite, they aren't wrong.

Maybe if we all starting using the word transvestite it would lose that negative connotation you're all afraid of. Go ahead and say it - "I'm a transvestite"!

Jennifer in CO
03-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Square and rectangle

I have always felt that a transvestite wore clothes of the opposite sex for sexual/fetish reasons. While a cross-dresser wore the clothes of the opposite sex for "all the other reasons" (stress relief, more comfortable in the clothes, fit better, looked better, etc). So while a transvestite is/can be a cross-dresser, a cross-dresser is not necessarily a transvestite. That doesn't mean that one can't transition into the other.

Just "my" version of the label...

sometimes_miss
03-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Transvestite and crossdresser mean the same thing. However, there are some of us who prefer to use the term transvestite to mean someone who gets sexually turned on by wearing the clothes, and the term crossdresser to refer to someone who does not experience that feeling from them. It does not prevent one from being turned on while dressed as a woman, but the clothes are not what has that effect, they are coincidental. I'm not sure whether the mental health community has managed to make a distinction as to what term should be applied to which of us; they are usually a few years behind when it comes to making something like that an official definition in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Many even don't want something like that to happen, because to them it would imply that what we have is a mental disorder.

Stephanie Julianna
03-27-2018, 05:38 PM
I was a transvestite in the 50's, 60'sand 70's and a crossdresser in the 80'a and 90's. Since 2000 I consider myself gender fluid. No matter how you label me. I love dressing, looking like and being accepted as a woman whenever possible.

NjJamie
03-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Jennifer, love the Math/logic reference and can say that there are times that I'm not sure which of those would be the best description, just glad I was able to enjoy the time.

JaneinFL
03-27-2018, 06:03 PM
I prefer the term "Femulator".

MarinaTwelve200
03-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Well the "nuances" of the words drift a bit over the years and depending whom you talk to. But "Transvestite" is more "clinical", as a Crossdresser who gets a sexual "charge" out of it and is STRAIGHT. "Crossdresser" is less formal and loosely defined. I DO Disapprove of some words too---"Tranny" is worst as we do not know if it means "Transvestite" OR "Transsexual". BIG difference there and uneducated people may not make the distinction, and leads to misunderstandings.

Diane Smith
03-27-2018, 11:09 PM
Superficially, the words mean exactly the same thing. But the connotations of word pairs derived from different sources can change over time and location. British usage seems to be a little more tolerant of the "TV" word.

For example, would you rather have your look described as "exotic" or "outlandish?" The words have the same underlying meaning!

I use "crossdresser" myself but do admit I get a chuckle when Eddie Izzard calls himself an "Executive Transvestite." :)

- Diane

IleneD
03-27-2018, 11:44 PM

Leslie,
You are a hoot, girl. You (and Samantha) beat me to it.
When I hear the word "transvestite" I have the tune ringing in my ears. I even dance to it a little, just for fun sake. "I'm just a sweet transvestite from transexual.......Transylvania !! "
I would never dress in the manner of Frank, however.

Scarlett398
03-28-2018, 12:32 AM
Stephanie....I couldn't have possibly summed it up better with less words! Great job! I do like the cross dresser term better. To me, transvestite has a more negative connotation to it than cross dresser.
I'll always love getting my girl on as Scarlett and wish I could do it more often and I will as soon as our former home is sold. It's listed on April 1st and we hope we get multiple bids on the place by the end of April or the middle of May.
I don't know what buttons I just pushed but is sure shrunk the size of the font and couldn't figure out how to blow it back up! My computer skills really suck!

Beverley Sims
03-28-2018, 01:48 AM
Femulator?

Sounds like a moving staircase for women.

Yes, I would use it. :-)

baldy1
03-28-2018, 02:24 AM
Well Ladies after reading the replies i believe the term cross dresser is the more popular terminology, i have always believed myself to be a cross dresser anyway so that's settled i am a cross dresser.

Thank you all very much for you comments it's much appreciated

Julie

jennifer0918
03-28-2018, 02:31 AM
I prefer the term crossdresser fully dressed. IMO

Leslie Mary S
03-28-2018, 03:57 AM
I consider myself as a crossdresser. or man in a dress.

Ressie
03-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Safe? pretty much. Accepted? not really. Telling the truth about the real you doesn't seem to work out to well.

Sherrii
03-29-2018, 09:13 AM
I think a crossdresser just wears female clothes not really trying to pass, while a transvestite would try and go the whole route with wig and makeup. This doesn't seem to be the general consensus here but is my opinion. Not much difference I guess, only the degree or depth of CDing. Sherrii

Barbara Jo
03-29-2018, 03:42 PM
LOL transvestite literally means cross dresser.
In realty it all about semantics .

Any difference in the two phrases it just in the mind of some.

One can certainly call themselves anything they want but, a transvestite is a cross dresser... and a cross dresser is a transvestite.

I have always said ....half in jest and the other half in seriousness..... that a cross dresser is just someone who wont admit that they are a transvestite . :)

DaisyLawrence
03-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Same word, different language.

HollyGreene
03-30-2018, 10:23 PM
I've always called myself a transvestite because when I started, that was the term used. It was much later that I heard "cross dresser". Neither term bothers me, so I'm happy with both.
I do hate "gurl" though.

biancabellelover
03-31-2018, 11:03 PM
I guess I’m still new to this, but I prefer to be called a Cross Dresser. I agree with others that Transvestite has negative connotations. Don’t like Gurl, though.

loved Rocky Horror show! Just a jump to the left...

Michelle.

DaisyLawrence
04-01-2018, 01:42 AM
Personally, while I accept they are both the same word and I have no problem with them, I do not consider either of them can be applied to me. I suppose you could call me a biological crossdresser (a BCD?) because I dress either androgenously or as a woman nearly all the time, BUT these are the clothes that align to my gender rather than my biological sex. Therefore, in gender terms (I'm not sure if I am all woman but I'm definately not a binary male) I don't believe that I crossdress at all, I just wear clothes as the alternative is a bit chilly. So personally I don't care much for either term when applied to me. My wife doesn't ask me if I'm going out crossdressed, she will ask if I am going as myself or pretending to be a binary male. I guess that when presenting as all male you could call me a gender crossdresser (a GCD?). There you go, 2 new terms for the label lovers amongst you, BCD and GCD. I know what I am, I am me, no more labels required.

alwayshave
04-01-2018, 06:23 AM
I dislike the term transvestite. I am a crossdresser.

t-girlxsophie
04-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Personally and I'm probably very much in the minority,I couldn't care less wether I'm described as a Transvestite or a Crossdresser.I don't think it's a black and white issue as defined by people,dictionary etc."I am a Transvestite" there you go my house hasnt fallen down around my ears

Dana44
04-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Transvestite is an old term and has been discussed before. Crossdresser is a better term.

Laura28
04-01-2018, 03:03 PM
I guess I would have say crossdresser much easier to spell. Lol

Joanne108
04-03-2018, 03:04 PM
From the Latin trans meaning 'to cross' and vestments meaning 'clothes'; so literally transvestite means cross-dresser! Sorry if some one has already covered this.

Jenny Brogai
04-07-2018, 03:25 PM
They are interchangeable for me, however I tend to use cross dresser more.

Maria Blackwood
04-07-2018, 03:29 PM
I always thought of TV meaning less concerned with being passable than CD, although how I arrived at that is some untangleable mess of my particular life experiences.

Esther Latour
04-07-2018, 04:42 PM
I like the term cross dresser better but as far as i know there is no equivalent for it in other languages, at least not in the two languages i speak most often, Dutch and Spanish. In fact I am only out to.my girlfriend with whom I speak Spanish so the only term I use to describe my habit is the Spanish: travesti.

Tracy Irving
05-28-2018, 07:52 PM
I always thought of TV meaning less concerned with being passable than CD

Crossdressing has absolutely nothing to do with trying to pass as a woman. There is no requirement to wear makeup and / or other accessories or to comport oneself in a feminine manner. However, some crossdressers go beyond dressing and will do their best to appear as a woman, usually with cosmetics, wigs, etc...

Everyone is free to find the path that works best. A man who only croasdresses in panties is still a crossdresser.

Aunt Kelly
05-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Crossdressing has absolutely nothing to do with trying to pass as a woman.
Oh, really?

That's news to me. That particular variation may not be a requirement to have the term crossdresser apply, but it is absolutely incorrect to state that anyone who pursues a feminine presentation is not a crossdresser.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Tracy Irving
05-28-2018, 11:31 PM
it is absolutely incorrect to state that anyone who pursues a feminine presentation is not a crossdresser.

If crossdressing was defined as trying to pass as a woman, I would agree with you. Unfortunately, it is not.

You have every right to misinterpret my writing. Hopefully, someone trying to present as a woman is dressing in women's clothing. Yes, they are a crossdresser. I never said they weren't.

There are many different types of crossdressers, not just the ones some people want the rest of us to be. Crossdressing can be a large umbrella with room for everyone. Let's try to be inclusive and not alienate those who just want to crossdress.

Stacy L
05-29-2018, 12:46 AM
Transvestite in Latin means cross-dresser! Since I don't speka da Latin and I only speka da Enguish I usea the word crossdresser. :doh:

I saw a shirt the other day that said "We are the same"

Sashauk
05-29-2018, 03:15 AM
I am with Tracey on this one. I have always considered myself to be a crossdresser not a transvestite as I make no attempt to pass as a woman. I have a full beard, am going bald and very, very rarely use make-up so as far as others would see me is as a MIAD.

But it's just a label and do we really wan't to concern ourselves with trying to fit into one box or another? The important thing here is that you are happy with your life style and you can call yourself whatever you like.

Teresa
05-29-2018, 04:24 AM
Sasha,
If you read other threads on this topic you will see there is no difference in the term, they mean the same thing .

Stacy ,
I was blessed with a classic education so I was force fed Latin . Lets face it we use "Trans " in many subjects in the English language , all it means is to cross . In the US you have TransAm, did have TWA , then you have transistor, translater the list goes on .

Vestite is just clothes, again I wear a vest when it's cold , I believe a waistcoat in the US is called a vest , also the vestible is somewhere to disrobe again that list goes on .

When we put the two together it lights a spark on many on the forum and they get all heated about being one but not the other . I do wish they would put a large sticky at the top of the page telling everyone it is the same thing and be done with all this !

Lacey New
05-29-2018, 06:02 AM
Woo Hoo! A two-fer! I'm both!

MarinaTwelve200
05-29-2018, 06:14 AM
In MY readings, a TRANSVESTITE is a crossdresser who is NOT a homosexual. Or more exactly, not for reasons connected to homosexuality, as in the same reasons for heterosexual CD, As Clothing fetishes, escapism and, Taboo tripping, for example. Indeed, it makes sense to differentiate between CD in Hetero vs Homosexuality. It reduces confusion and simplifies analysis. As some factors need not be considered in Heterosexual CD.

Ressie
05-29-2018, 07:22 AM
Crossdressing has absolutely nothing to do with trying to pass as a woman. There is no requirement to wear makeup and / or other accessories or to comport oneself in a feminine manner.

Everyone is free to find the path that works best. A man who only crossdresses in panties is still a crossdresser.

Seems a bit harsh but it's the truth. Maybe it would be better to say that trying to pass as a woman usually involves crossdressing? Is just wearing makeup and growing one's hair long crossdressing? nope, it doesn't involve clothes.

Crossdressing is simply wearing clothes of the opposite sex. I consider "trying to pass as a woman" as just one aspect of crossdressing. Underdressing with bra and panties is another. How about just wearing women's pants? Technically yes.

BrendaPDX
05-29-2018, 07:48 AM
Hi Julie,
From my understanding they are both the same:) Wearing women's clothes under their male clothe is considered under dressing.
Take care,
Brenda

Aunt Kelly
05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
You have every right to misinterpret my writing.

"Crossdressing has absolutely nothing to do with trying to pass as a woman." ...your words.

One pretty much can't "try to pass as a woman" without crossdressing. Your statement is patently incorrect.

Queen Bridget
05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
I'd refer to myself as a Transvestite. I just like the sound of it. It's more exotic. It rolls off the tongue better than Crossdresser, and they both mean the same thing anyway *Shrug*.

Tracy Irving
05-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Your statement is patently incorrect.

Aunt Kelly,
Would you please site where you found the definition of crossdressing required people to pass as a woman, or at least make an attempt. I can't find it.

If one does exist, we could end up with a lot less members.

Territx
05-29-2018, 09:24 AM
Like so many things, from the answers posted here it seems clear that the definition depends upon the perception of each party, The factors seem to include all facets of their geographic, social and educational background, with a dash of "age" thrown in. I still have not heard one specific term that I think perfectly describes all of the aspects that make up my "Terri" persona -- so, until there is one, I may accept and answer to any of them, depending upon my mood.

Ozark
05-29-2018, 09:34 AM
I just like wearing comfortable clothes...

GretchenJ
05-29-2018, 10:04 AM
My interpretation (and Wikipedia), is that both terms are the exact same thing. The act of passing is irrelevant to both terms, as cross dressing can range to simple underdressing to full presentation of the opposite sex.

jacques
05-29-2018, 03:13 PM
hello,
so we are all agreed on that one?
luv J

Ressie
05-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Thank you super moderator GretchenJ :)

Aunt Kelly
05-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Aunt Kelly,
Would you please site where you found the definition of crossdressing required people to pass as a woman, or at least make an attempt. I can't find it.

First, please show me where I have asserted as much.
I'll save you some time. I didn't.

On the other hand, your assertion that crossdressing "has nothing to do with trying to pass..." has nothing to do with definition and is still demonstrably false.

faltenrock
05-30-2018, 02:43 AM
In late March, I met a few people, three women around 45-50 and a few guys, one of them a former successful business guy at age 74. All are friends with each other and they meet regulary. I was at this bar for the first time (in Holland - I live in Germany). One of the ladies came up to my table and asked me to join them because I was sitting by myself, all dressed up as Doreen.

I said thank you and of course I'ld like to join in. Naturally, the subject of the talk changed towards me and my dressing. I explained who I am and the talk developped into me explaining the diffenrences of 'crossdresser' vs 'transvestite' and 'Drag Queens' and 'Transsexuals'.

While trying to explain why I liked the term CD better than transvestite or drag queen, i got into a fight with a woman. It turned out that she was lesbian and she thought that I 'labeled' US in different boxes, which I didn't do. I just tried to explain the differences.

However, after two housrs that lady left and no one understood the issue she had.

Charlotte7
05-30-2018, 03:05 AM
At the end of the day, I'm just a person who transvests because I'm a crossdresser, and crossdresses because I'm a transvestite. Regardless of all of that, the great thing about it. whatever it is, is that it means that I have the keys to a pretty full, shiny, lacy, frilly and very feminine dressing up box.

t-girlxsophie
05-30-2018, 04:32 AM
Dont mean to offend,and not aimed at anyone in particular but this is the most ridiculous discussion,a complete waste of time.I use either term without worrying what anyone thinks is the wrong one,It matters not a jot

Tracy Irving
05-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Aunt Kelly,
It comes as no surprise that neither one of us could find evidence to support your claim. I tried to help you but all the definitions I read have nothing to do with trying to pass as a woman. I know this upsets you but I didn't write any of them! Rather than argue with me, perhaps your time would be better spent trying to get the definitions changed to something you agree with.

GretchenJ
05-30-2018, 06:22 AM
Seems like this is a discussion that is going around in circles. Like I said previously, passing is irrelevant to both equal terms and as such trying to find factual proof to support or refute it is impossible.

It is equivalent in asking if all plumbers wear green pants. Since there is no correlation, there is no factual proof to support or not support.

Before this further degrades into additional personal attacks am closing the thread.