PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's chance and SO acceptance

Tamsin Secret
03-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Hi all,

So tomorrow I get Tammy time :jump:

Since coming out to my wife this has taken on a different level of meaning to me.

I'm no longer sneaking around with bags in the back of the car. My small but suitable stash is now in the wardrobe we share.

It's been a hard 6 months. For all the reasons and emotions you can imagine.

She has made time for me, giving me the space for me to 'do my thing' and i am grateful for sure.

She is not ready for this and sais she doesn't know if she ever will. Again I have to respect that.

However, today on the eve of giving me my 'time' she presented me with some make up remover and cotton pads. She said it's because my eyes always look red and puffy using the wipes I use usually to remove makeup (baby wipes).

I know this is a display of her not wanting to see ANY evidence of what I might have been doing while she gave me the opportunity but it also said to me she is aware and tolerating it.

It's a crumb of positivity I understand. But it's got to be better than where I was before.... Alone and hiding things from the one I love.

I'm so emotional about tomorrow. A mixture of pent up desire to dress, guilt and uncertainty about the future.

I gather strength,knowledge and advice from you all :praying:

Tomorrow will be another chapter in the history of Tammy that I hope I can share.

Big :<3:

Tammy

KymG
03-27-2018, 05:06 PM
It sounds quite positive to me, I take it she hasnt seen you dressed yet?
You may feel better after tomorrow, perhaps this is the worst part, right now.
I wish you luck.

Hell on Heels
03-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Hell-o Tammy,
Woohoooooo! Tammy time!
I can virtually feel your excitement.
I hope everything falls into place, and
you thouroughly enjoy the day.

Hopefully your wife will see the effect
a day of dressing has on you.

Be sure to thank her for that makeup
remover!

Much Love,
Kristyn

Samm
03-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Oh, it's definitely better than where you were before. Have fun, relax, and enjoy your time dressed. I second what Kristyn said. Hopefully your wife will see the positive effects dressing has on you.

Sami Brown
03-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Just the fact that you aren't hiding is the biggest reason for celebrating!

Sami

Beverley Sims
03-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Note how your wife's attitude changes after your time and don't push the issue too much.

Chipping away at the opposition is better than trying to move it in one hit.

Patience will get you there.

Tamsin Secret
03-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Thanks ladies,

I'm going to enjoy today of course! It's just been a different feeling in the lead up this time.

I take it she hasnt seen you dressed yet?

She has seen some photos of me dressed that I printed and put in a diary we use to share our thoughts. She wasn't scathing, she said I looked like my mother! She has said she doesn't know if she will ever look at them again tho :sad:

Elizabeth G
03-28-2018, 05:48 AM
Hi Tammy,

I'm in a similar situation to you and my take on this is that it's a good thing. Enjoy your Tammy time!

Elizabeth

marika_jaye
03-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Tammy,

It's nice to know I'm not the only one in this position. I desperately want my SO to embrace my feminine tendencies, but she's content to know I do it and never see it.

I bought some "buttery soft" leggings online, in a winter camouflage pattern. She asked me if they were "ladies" leggings, but assured me she has no problem with me wearing them around the house. I suppose that's progress.

Things could be worse.

Sidney
03-28-2018, 02:59 PM
The feelings of not having to hide secrets from you companion in life are kind of like the weight of the world has been taken off your shoulders. It is a wonderful feeling.

It's been said may times here not to rush things, take baby steps and don't overload her. My wife accepts my feminine side and my dressing. I said she accepts not fully supporting. We set boundaries when I came out to her over two years ago. I have respected the boundaries. Slowly she is expanding the boundaries.

My wife and I also sought counseling. It help my wife understand me but it also help me understand me. Best of luck. And enjoy Tammy.