PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Day of Visibility

IleneD
03-28-2018, 09:39 PM
I've been receiving pings and notes via social media about the approaching 31 March "International Transgender Day of Visibility". (a good thing)

First, I'd like to know who officially declares these things, but I'm going with it anyway.
This will be my first "activism" with regards to my crossdressing or transgenderism. It doesn't matter if I am supporting AS a trans or in support OF trans. It doesn't much matter.
The official TG flag colors are lt blue, pink and white. I'm trying to put together a (thrift shop) outfit of suitable Vis Day colors. I'm trying on a couple in these photos, and wearing no makeup (so forgive). I have the pink polo shirt with blue seersucker (blue & white pinstripes) pants, or the blue shirt and the pink slacks).

Anyway.... I'm going to get out on Saturday and be visible one way or another. I am looking forward to Pride Day in June too. Far too long in my sordid past did I shamefully join the chorus of catcalls and guys who demeaned anything LGBT. Always a great way to hide out among the pack and never reveal a secret self. Time to stand up a little and show the flag of my reality.

Thank you, my forum sisters. You've all been so informative, wise and loving. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to be at this point in life; to be looking forward in joy; to cherish my femininity, to cultivate slowly this beautiful inner self I've sheltered inside too long. Not ashamed anymore (never again).

Good Luck. Dress up. Get out. Be visible.

290130 290131

Cassandra Lynn
03-28-2018, 10:41 PM
I've been receiving pings and notes via social media about the approaching 31 March "International Transgender Day of Visibility".
The official TG flag colors are lt blue, pink and white.
Time to stand up a little and show the flag of my reality.
Dress up. Get out. Be visible.

That's awesome Ilene, good for you.
Not meaning to hijack your thread, but for anyone out there who hasn't already researched this, here ya go:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Transgender_Pride_flag.svg#/media/File:Transgender_Pride_flag.svg

I was given a gift card from my lady friend, who is very pro LGBT and super supportive of me and now I think I know what to do with it.

Thank you so much,
Cass

Teresa
03-29-2018, 05:10 AM
Ilene,
I prefer the blue stripe pants but would possibly put the blue top with them. May be get a nice tshirt instead |i have some with a nice V neck so I can wear a nice necklace with it .

Good to hear you are giving a Pride meeting a try , you won't regret it.

I attended one last year but from the other side , our social group was asked to send members to help the students out with TG problems , so we were dressed as advisers rather than recipients . We are attending again this year , it feels good to be asked to dress as a sign to others that it isn't a problem to be out. Obviuosly it means a careful selection of clothes to wear, I wore my tan coloured leather skirt with a not too flashy animal print blouse and beige coloured heels. I felt the age difference meant not wearing something too frumpy which might have come across as talking to grandma but also not too tarty to raise eyebrows and not be taken serioulsy . I have to say it did feel good to be dressed all day in those circumstances and a great confidence boost .

Pat
03-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Ilene -- That's great! Most years I get caught flat-footed on Trans Day of Visibility but this year the word seems to be spreading earlier.

If you're going for trans flag, I like the blue shirt/pink pants combo better. For some reason that "reads" more correctly to me. Maybe because the saturation of the colors is closer to the flag colors.

Have fun -- TDoV is a happy time. :)

Beverley Sims
03-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Good thing Ilene, get out there and be seen.