PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things that matter ~ socks

Julie1123
04-04-2018, 10:44 AM
A little back story first. Wife and I have a DADT out of sight, out of mind agreement. I have clothes hanging in our shared closet in a way they can't be seen and have drawers in our dresser where I have clothes as well. I keep my armpits and legs shaved which she doesn't mind, and she doesn't mind seeing me in underwear but prefers to not see me wearing any thing else. This arrangement has been working solidly for several years now. She's also solidly pro-trans.

Awhile ago I posted about how she gave me a pair of gloves that she bought from one of her favorite stores that only sells women's clothes and while other companies do make similar gloves for men I felt that if she was really absolutely opposed to my dressing she would not have done that. Since then she's also given me a stocking cap from the same store, and while again its very similar in design to men's stocking caps, this one has the store's label that can be seen clearly when worn.

Which brings us to socks. She bought some Eddie Bauer hiking socks that ended up being to big for her so she gave them to me to try and they fit well. Again, they're not much different than men's socks and they're black, but they do say Eddie Bauer across the top of the foot in pink. So yesterday, we were headed over to Eddie Bauer to do some shopping and I mentioned that the socks she gave me are some of the most comfortable socks I've ever worn, so much that I bought more pairs and even one of the prints that they don't carry in men's. Her response was, "I'm glad they work so well and you like them. They're women's socks too! That's fantastic!"

So while these clothes she's given me are not really all that different than men's, she clearly has the association with them that they were made for women but doesn't mind me wearing them. She may never come around to seeing me in more feminine attire but this does set me at ease a bit that she's not bottling up any resentment or harsh feelings over it.

daviolin
04-04-2018, 10:50 AM
I'm with you Julie. I dress 100% Feminine, and yes, Most feminine clothes I wear is easily unisex when I go out. My wife is totally excepting of this mode of dress. I keep my sexy and reveling stuff for home fun. Daviolin

DaisyLawrence
04-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Little steps in the right direction. Who knows where this could lead :)

Micki_Finn
04-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Cool! The real question is what time warp are you trapped in that you’re still shopping at Eddie Bauer? (J/k)

Julie1123
04-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Somewhere between now and 1920, I guess. :D

mattea
04-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Julie,

Good luck and fingers crossed that you can be more open with your wife. When I saw socks, I thought we were going to have a discussion about socks. My entire goal in life is to make enough money that I never have to wear the same pair of socks more than once. When I can afford that I will know I have made it! I don't want cars, houses, airplanes, just the feeling of new socks (or hose) each day!

Again things sound promising and I hope you can find a way to open the door further.

Mattea

Julie1123
04-04-2018, 05:29 PM
That's a wonderful aspiration, mattea. :)

I'm definitely not nudging on that door, it will be entirely up to my wife whether or not she opens it further.

Jenny22
04-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Julie, you said, "she doesn't mind seeing me in underwear but prefers to not see me wearing any thing else." does underwear mean just panties, or is more involved?

Janie Jane
04-04-2018, 05:45 PM
I've found knee socks were great to wear and I know they're there. Then I discovered riding boots! They hug my legs and feel great, and nobody has noticed (that I know of). Short boots too (I can't bring myself to call them booties). Even when identical, the stuff with the women's label just feels better.
Jane

Sometimes Steffi
04-04-2018, 09:02 PM
My wife is on the opposite end of the spectrum. If they are unisex, they are automatically girls clothes. For example, I used to wear men's nightshirts that either looked like a knee-length T shirt, or a knee-length flannel shirt. She won't let me wear them. Too femme!!!

Julie1123
04-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Julie, you said, "she doesn't mind seeing me in underwear but prefers to not see me wearing any thing else." does underwear mean just panties, or is more involved?

Just panties.

I've found knee socks were great to wear and I know they're there. Then I discovered riding boots! They hug my legs and feel great, and nobody has noticed (that I know of). Short boots too (I can't bring myself to call them booties). Even when identical, the stuff with the women's label just feels better.
Jane

I love knee socks! And really like the look of riding boots. Been debating about getting some.

Sorry to hear that, Steffi!

Beverley Sims
04-05-2018, 12:29 AM
It is good that your wife acknowledges your behaviour in a friendly way, don't spoil it by pushing the issue, she may eventually come around.

alwayshave
04-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Julie, take what ever acceptance you can get. Yes they are small, but they are a gesture.

Julie1123
04-05-2018, 07:17 AM
It is good that your wife acknowledges your behaviour in a friendly way, don't spoil it by pushing the issue, she may eventually come around.

Absolutely! I held my tongue and didn't mention anything else, except, I let my shoe size slip.