PDA

View Full Version : Hormone therapy fat redistribution(M-F)

Lana Mae
04-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Those who have or are taking hormone therapy where has all the fat redistribution taken place? Is it necessary for you to wear hip or other bottom padding? I am mostly just curious! Hugs Lana Mae

Dorit
04-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Hi Lana May!

This is a subject that I love because I am still amazed at the changes in my body after a little over four months of HRT, and at 70 years young. First I have to qualify my experience with the disclosure that I am a very fit person that exercises daily and is almost 6 ft tall and weighs 152 Lbs. I believe I have a body that is exceptionally responsive to HRT.

Beside growing noticeable breasts on what was a completely flat, skinny chest, I have experienced a fattening of my cheeks that results in a more feminine appearance, a flattening of my belly, and a noticeable increase in my hips and but. My wife independently verifies of all this, so it is not just wishful thinking!

So I have thrown out all my cross dressing pads, silicone, and breast forms and go out every day as me. I do use some push up pads in my bra, they are essential to protect my hypersensitive nipples from any accidental blows, plus if I wear skinny jeans I usually add some female padded panties to help with the fit, but never with skirts or dresses.

May your experience be even better!:battingeyelashes:

rachael.davis
04-07-2018, 02:18 PM
My face has definitely changed, I have a "crease" now - I finally have enough development that my breasts are folding over, so I suppose a bra is probably going to replace the tight cami I've usually made do with, my thighs and bottom are a lot plumper. I've been losing weight while all of this is accelerating, so the odd thing for me is I've developed the little fat pad below my navel/between the wings of my hops, and there is a layer forming over the pubic arch.
I've always hated hip pads - so I've pretty much done without them.

pamela7
04-07-2018, 03:30 PM
same here. I'm noticing bigger butt/hip area, some fat below the navel, and a slimmer waist, with skirts looser around there. strange, unexpected, not complaining :-)

Lana Mae
04-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Dorit-Thanks for sharing!
Rachael-Thanks for sharing!
Pamela-Thanks for sharing! No, I would not complain either!
Thank you Ladies!
Hugs Lana Mae

Nadine Spirit
04-09-2018, 10:07 PM
According to my measurements - 9 months on E - all things are in inches:
- chest +1.5
- below chest - same
- waist - same
- butt - +1.25
- legs - same

So apparently I'm getting boobs and a butt!

Pat
04-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Lana Mae -- The answer to all questions involving hormones is "it depends." How much the fat redistributes depends on your reaction. If that redistribution is enough for you to accept your look without padding depends on how you react to what you see in the mirror.

I never wore padding other than breast forms and when I was just a few months in on hormones I had enough breast development that I stopped wearing the forms. Nobody but me could see the development at that point, but I knew and I was the only one that had to. I always had a flat guy-butt and would buy jeans in Junior's sizes because they're cut tighter in the seat and thighs than Women's jeans. Even then, the seat would sag and I could grab an inch of fabric on the thigh. Now, 20 months in on hormones, I can still wear those jeans, but they're very tight in the thigh and the seat has only one wrinkle left where the seat joins the thigh -- I see lots of women with the same wrinkle, so I think I'm in spec, but definitely still have an inverted triangle shape. While I by no means have an hourglass shape, I note that I have a slight inward curve to the waist caused by my chest and hips getting larger, not my waist getting smaller.

Your mileage, of course, will vary.

Mirya
04-11-2018, 08:43 PM
After 2+ years on HRT my measurements are 34-28-35. My shoulders are broad, although I comfortably wear size small shirts from Express, so they're not super broad. But they're still broader than cis women who have comparable measurements, so I feel like I'd benefit from a few more inches on my hips to balance my proportions better. So although I never wear hip/butt pads, I'm thinking about getting a Brazilian Butt Lift in another year or two if i don't get more fat redistributed to my hips/butt from HRT.

Nikki.
04-12-2018, 12:21 AM
If you’re a 34, I dunno how you can have broad shoulders! I think if i got really lean I might be able to get down to a 38, and I’m not really fat now, bit of a tummy. And I’m around 5’7”. Classic V upper back to shoulder s :( Maybe on hrt my lats would shrink and i could get to 36.

Mirya
04-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Well, when I was in Thailand last year, I went shopping for clothing, and the salesman who took my measurements loudly exclaimed, "you have broad shoulders!". So I'm quite certain I have broad shoulders. :) And several months before that trip, I had my bust measured by a saleswoman at Victoria's Secret, and she determined I'm a 34A, and that's the bra size I currently wear. So yes, I'm a 34 with broad shoulders, lol.

Maybe my shoulders aren't broad by western standards, but by Asian standards they definitely are. And I'm Asian, so I hold myself to Asian standards. Anyway, the size of my shoulders definitely causes me the most dysphoria. And sadly there's no safe surgical solution to narrowing them, so I'm trying to learn to accept it. But it's hard. Sometimes I think about my Asian cis women friends who were swimmers in high school, and they had broad shoulders, yet were still considered beautiful and popular, so that helps a little. And it's not a hindrance to my ability to pass, as long as I dress appropriately for my body type, so I try to look at the bright side. It's still hard though.

Anyway back to fat redistribution, my measurements pre-HRT used to be 36-32-33, so yes, I definitely benefited from HRT fat redistrbution. What surprised me the most was how much my waistline shrank (totally did not expect that!)

Lana Mae
04-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Mirya, don't feel bad! I am 44-40-41 preHT! I am considering hormones but have not moved in that direction yet! Thanks for posting! Hugs Lana Mae

Peta_T
04-13-2018, 01:27 AM
Mirya,

Well, when I was in Thailand last year

That right there should raise a flag for you. Compared to them, everyone has broad shoulders.
Those Thai girls(s) are like toothpicks in how tiny/thin they are. (grumble about European heritage)

Hugs
Peta

Rianna Humble
04-13-2018, 02:29 AM
Peta, did you not notice the fact (later in the same post) that Myria is from Asia so it is perfectly reasonable for her to compare herself to other Asian women?