PDA

View Full Version : I'm proud of myself.......a meetup group

Princess29
04-10-2018, 09:02 AM
I recently have joined an LGBTQI movie watching group in my local area and went along once in boy mode to see how it all works and to see how comfortable I am there and then last night, I had the chance to go again but went along as Melissa. Although the group was LGBT (etc), the movie theatre and general crowd and area were just that, general crowd and so I had many interactions with people in the car park and waiting in line to get my movie ticket and nobody cared how I was dressed and I just went about my business and everything went really well. I went way out of my comfort zone but I am looking for more outlets to go out dressed up and when my work roster permits, I will try to make it along again.

Stacy Darling
04-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Nice! It's difficult enough to find a group Melissa, never mind having everything go really well straight up!

So, it's nice to here that you have found a group to hang out with. Hope to find similar in my area sooner or later!

Hope you make it out with them again!
Stacy!

Jaylyn
04-10-2018, 09:59 AM
You have a right to feel good about yourself and very glad you found a group to help you on the way.

Helen_Highwater
04-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Congratulations on your outings. This could well be the start of a much expanded world for you. Contacts you make lead you on to other venues, then in turn you make further friends and hey,you're spoilt for choice of where to go.

Tracii G
04-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Glad you had a great time and that is how it should be.

alwayshave
04-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Princess, I'm glad you had a good time. I too have gone to. meeting through meetup.

Princess29
04-10-2018, 08:49 PM
I've been going out many times for years but it's to the same places and I'm kind of "over" them. I can go where I want, when I want but as it will be by myself, I usually can't muster up enthusiasm to try or to overcome any nerves for new places.
I have no delusions that to a stranger, I appear exactly as I am (a man in a dress) but that is okay, I am just that and as long as people treat me with respect then that's all I can ask for.
Usually when I am in a crowded shopping centre (in boy mode), I become invisible anyway and people try to walk straight through me and it's not always because of having their heads down and looking at phones.
It's hard to get out during the day dressed up but most of the movie meetups will be at night

Beverley Sims
04-11-2018, 08:02 AM
finding the right group can be a life changer.

All the best.

Sometimes Steffi
04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
I met one girl from here FtF and she introduced me to a couple of her friends, and they introduced me to a couple of their friends. Soon, I was out and about with 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 local girls.