PDA

View Full Version : Lost

tawney
04-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Well, had a day at home alone. Got all dressed and tried on a few things
I haven"t had on in a while. Took a few pics and figured I should shower up and be
ready when wife got home. Look in mirror and see I have lost an Earring! Seach the house up and down
to try to find it before a Grandchild picks it up off the floor. No one else has clip earrings. Wish me luck!
Tawney

docrobbysherry
04-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Luck, Tawney! :thumbsup:

I had a similar experience years ago. Before I told my family, I did a Halloween photo shoot used huge, scary, stick on fingernails! Some fell off during the shoot. After I finished and started cleaning up, I found all but one 2" long, glittery red fingernail. I looked everywhere! Fortunately, it never turned up!:battingeyelashes:

Jaymees22
04-13-2018, 09:45 PM
My wife lost an earing a few months ago. The dog ate it. It took 2 days to go through the dog.

DaisyLawrence
04-14-2018, 02:41 AM
Not sure I want to stick that back through any of my holes Jaymees!

Teresa
04-14-2018, 04:34 AM
Tawney,
Earrings have a habit of doing that , sometimes we search but in our panic can't see the wood for the trees . We move furniture we may even fetch the vacuum cleaner but no it doesn't want to be found , then the wife or in your case granddaughter almost fall over the lot item saying whose is this !!

Judy-Somthing
04-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Good luck.
I've been dressing for years without my wife knowing until one day I left size 13 pumps in the bedroom.
She came down stairs and asked me to explain the story behind the heels.
It's been an interesting two years since. Not good!

CarlaWestin
04-14-2018, 07:37 AM
As a child, I was always able to find any lost earring backs that my mother would lose. And that was back in the day of shag carpets.
This served me well later on in life in my career. I could be twelve feet up a ladder and drop the smallest of screws, listen to hear how
much it bounced and which direction. And then just climb down and get it.

Tracy Irving
04-14-2018, 08:56 AM
A while back I bought a set of magnetic earrings. They didn't work as intended. The small magnetic back easily fell off my fat earlobe. No way I was going to find it so I pulled out the telescoping magnetic flashlight and ran it over the carpeting. In less than five minutes I found it!

Shely
04-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Yes, false fingernails and once a ladies ring. Now i have s strict routine for dressing and undressing. It is more like a ritual i guess. When going back to drab i check every room i was in several times as i put things back into their hiding places. Once i lost the red false fingernail, and didn't find it for three days. But i found it first. My wife knows of my dressing, she doesn't know how much i dress up, and i don't know the extend to which i dress up. It's the whole 9 YARDS for me!!!

carhill2mn
04-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Losing a favorite earring always upsets me. Sometimes I have been lucky and found the missing one but not often enough.

Beverley Sims
04-14-2018, 11:45 AM
My pair collection is quite small, if I chose to wear one ear ring I would have a large selection to work from.

Judy-Somthing
04-14-2018, 12:27 PM
How about sequin dresses, I had a couple over the years and sequins would fall off here and there, a real pain if your wife doesn't know your a CDer.

Georgia_Maine
04-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Well, Tawney I guess you could fib and say something like, "Oh, that's the ear ring I found on the front door step. Picked it up thinking it might be someone's here." It worked for me once!

Helen_Highwater
04-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Tawney,

Good hunting. Have you checked your wig? I have a couple that seem to entangle earrings at the nod of a head. Did you pull something over your head and is it caught on the inside? It's happened to me before now. As a result and as a way of stopping pulls and snags on clothing all jewelry comes off first before removing clothing.

SherriePall
04-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Have dropped a couple of earrings, but never lost one for more than a minute or two. However, as stated before, fingernails are another story. Recently, my wife found a sparkling silver one and commented, "Another color? How many do you have?" Over the past few weeks I think she has found every one that I lost over the past year. And I buy them in easily found colors so if I lose one I can easily find it! LOL.

Sami Brown
04-14-2018, 09:22 PM
I lost a ring today. I am hoping it didn't go down the drain. I noticed it missing after hand-laundering a top. It was several minutes afterwards, so it could be somewhere else.

Sami

abby054
04-14-2018, 11:56 PM
A few years ago, I lost an earring from each of three pair. I lost them while out and about far from home. They just slipped off my ears. That was annoying and expensive. Shortly thereafter, I started buying two identical pair whenever I buy earrings. That way, I can lose three earrings before I have an orphan earring. Murphy's Law says that I will lose earrings only when there is no spare. Murphy rules! I have not lost an earring from among those with spares like this.

Scarlett398
04-15-2018, 12:13 AM
Tawney, I can't tell you how many times I've left a skirt out. My sexy redhead doesn't even address it anymore. She simply just leaves the one or two I've left out on my side of the bed each time now. I can't believe how far she's come with the acceptance of my cross dressing.

Tawney, that girl when to one of her two favorite consignment shops known as Emily's Closet and brought home two of those short poofy skirts I love so much. She got my favorite of the two for 4 bucks and I so want to buy it from her for $20.

Take care and have a super weekend! XOXOXO Scarlett

Krisi
04-16-2018, 01:54 PM
This is one of the dangers of hiding your dressing from your wife or others who live in the same house or apartment as you. You can never be sure you've retrieved and hidden all the evidence. Earring, clothes, even wig hairs or high heel tracks in the carpet. And if you vacuum the floors, you have to mess them up afterwards so your wife won't notice that they've been vacuumed and ask why.

I once dropped one of my wife's earrings down the bathroom sink and had to remove the trap to get it.