PDA

View Full Version : Skirt Sunday

Asew
04-15-2018, 08:36 PM
So my wife and I discussed letting the kids know about my dressing. Well when getting up and I made a remark about putting on pants. She said I should wear a skirt and we should tell our three kids. It went great. I spoke to each of them individually about it and they all were ok with it. When it was time for the dogs to be fed and let out, my wife didn't want me to go bring the dogs out in my skirt so had the oldest son bring the dogs out instead. We have a friend of my wife that is staying at our house (for about 6 months so far and may be here maybe another 12 months) and he was at work for the day but when he got back my wife wasn't sure if I should change. I figured the kids could say something so just go for it and stayed in the skirt when he got back from work. He seemed ok with it. My wife called it "Skirt Sunday" making it sound like this would a regular thing. Today was an amazing day.

Tracy Irving
04-15-2018, 08:43 PM
Cool story. Awesome wife and kids.

Love the idea of a "Skirt Sunday". Take it a step further and we have "Skirt Week". Then it is on to "Skirt Month". We could make 2019 "The Year of the Skirt". I'm in!

Sami Brown
04-15-2018, 09:44 PM
Great story! I couldn't tell whether the children are youngsters or teenagers.

Sami

Linda P.
04-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Skirt Sunday sounds like quite a wonderful day.

bridget thronton
04-16-2018, 02:10 AM
You have a great family

Rayleen
04-16-2018, 06:28 AM
Great Idea, skirt sunday...enjoy !

Asew
04-16-2018, 06:34 AM
Cool story. Awesome wife and kids.

Love the idea of a "Skirt Sunday". Take it a step further and we have "Skirt Week". Then it is on to "Skirt Month". We could make 2019 "The Year of the Skirt". I'm in!

Sounds like fun. But definitely don't want to push it. I already wear a skirt when I work from home (but had to hide in my home office when my youngest was home in the afternoon since he has half day school or when the family friend was home). So I bet that will increase a bit. Also I don't have enough below the knee skirts to make it through the week.

Great story! I couldn't tell whether the children are youngsters or teenagers.

Sami

They are youngsters. The oldest is nearly a teenager and the youngest just started school. We are looking to adopt a baby and they said it would take about year or two to get a placement. My wife said we would let them know by the time we adopted so that the baby would know from the get go. I just thought it would take longer before the wife would actually want to tell them.

Thanks for all the positive replies :)

Rebecca60
04-16-2018, 06:42 AM
Skirt Sunday sounds nice..

Rollermiss
04-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Skirt Sunday is just about everyday for me. Most of the time I can't wait to get out of my work cloths and slip into a comfortable skirt. Usually a casual jersey or cotton one, mid thigh to knee.

Kelsey

Beverley Sims
04-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Sounds like an interesting progression, I am eager to see how it all works for you.

Asew
04-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Skirt Sunday is just about everyday for me. Most of the time I can't wait to get out of my work cloths and slip into a comfortable skirt. Usually a casual jersey or cotton one, mid thigh to knee.

Kelsey

I love midi to maxi ones since I can curl my legs up underneath the skirt.

Sounds like an interesting progression, I am eager to see how it all works for you.

Just a day later and already more progression. On Monday, my wife told two of our social workers that do outpatient services for my kids about my dressing and they said they had no problem with me wearing skirts (one said she has a close family member who does a similar thing).

Jaylyn
04-17-2018, 02:32 PM
I like it Skirt Sunday but I don't think the congrgation I attend and lead singing at is going to be onboard with me trying that in a skirt. Lol Maybe I could say just celebrating my heritage from Scotland with my kilt. Nah they would go fo that either.. Good idea though and hope it catches on.

colleen ps
04-18-2018, 02:28 AM
I have to say this is pretty much how it started for me. My wife was already on board and supportive and weekends, i would shower and spend most of the day wrapped in a towel after my morning shower. One day, after constantly having to re hitch the towel, my wife suggested sewing a zip in the towel and a few darts to trim the waist to stop it falling down. My son and his mates were used to seeing this and it quite quickly progressed to wearing skirts and then nylons. no one was bothered at all. Since then, the skirt goes on as soon as i am home from work and my son and his girlfriend are fine, even to the point that if they have visitors, they just warn them about the skirt and i have not had any bad reactions from any of their friends. All my neighbours have seen me in a skirt and not one of them have mentioned it. Maybe an odd expression at first glance and then back to normal. i even answer the door to delivery drivers now and have never had a second glance at either the skirt, or the painted nails. It certainly looks like people are starting to accept it as normal since all the latest media coverage of people like us.

Asew
04-19-2018, 02:34 PM
Today is another skirt day when at home (had a few errands to run which included buying heels that meant changing into jeans). My son's tutor is coming over later and my wife said it was up to me if I should continuing wearing the skirt or change into jeans. Specifically she said "You do you."

Bonus: A bad picture of today's skirt with my dog giving leg snuggles (she loves a good warm spot).

DaisyLawrence
04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Everyday is a skirt day for me. My favourite most comfortable choice of clothing. I've lost count of the number in my collection but I am currently building a 24 feet long wardrobe so hopefully I'll be able to line them all up like a filing system. Should make choosing easier.
Asew, every dog loves a warm spot!