PDA

View Full Version : A Seriously worried Purge

Sam-antha
03-16-2006, 11:01 AM
It happened.
Long ago, in London.
I was down there for a two day big bank conference concerning the secure electronic transfer of money, inter-bank, international. The year was1973 and the subject was concerned with the US interface at the time when Bankwire (or was it Fedwire) used paper tape and the other did not. Interfacing was simple then.- There was no electronic funds transfer to the States from Europe - .
Anyway, although that does not interest anybody, I may as well tell more than the bare flesh of the happening. Of which I do not remember so much detail as could make it interesting.
I was staying at the Connaught, an excellent Park Lane hostellry and there were no other delegates living there. So, I really could run around theplace dressed, without fear of meeting people. I was at a sad moment happily using the lounge/bar to the right of the doors when some face I knew came in, so out I went.
Had that not happened then the rest of the story would not have happened either. Its timetable would have been wrong.
Late that night, going back to the Hotel, I was in need of a taxi and they are difficult to find in the quiet of residential area I was leaving. On the other side of the road, coming towards me there was a policeman. Now it was dark, the lights in the street were on and that man, chose to cross the road diagonally towards me, with the intent of asking if he could help this mini-leather skirted girl.
The fact that there were trees along the road did not help me. could not hide, although that is waht I felt like doing. Or climbing up one.
He ended up asking more official details. I ended up feeling stupid, foolish and very worried, back at the hotel. Clothes got 'put away' the next day, in various places, including Waterloo Station, where a basket got itself a lovely new leather, fairly long and heavy, black skirt. I loved and would not part with the mini, although nearly everything else went.
On the plane home I was sort of worried, not expecting a reception that would have been alien to my continuing at work, that is destroying my career.
There was no reception, the policeman had been good to me and kept his peace. But that meeting had led to my first serious purge.

There have been others since, but none of them exciting.

wendy
03-16-2006, 11:46 AM
sorry to hear about the purge, i'm sure that all of us has gone thru a purge once in our lives.

I myself purged, while my circumstances was nothing close to yours, it did make me regret purging some beautiful lingerie I used to own.

sharifemme
03-16-2006, 12:20 PM
It sure is unnerving when you have your first brush with the authorities while dressed en femme! I remember my first time. I was even hauled down to the state Police Barracks. However, everything turned out well and I won't be so afraid if it happens again.

Sharifemme

Janelle Young
03-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi Sam-Antha

Yes you had a serious purge. Mine was not so worried, I was with a new girl friend that was about to move in with me and I did not have the courage to come out to her. So I took the purge and out went just about all of my 'things' (there were a few that I could not part with - that should have given me an idea of the fact that I can not give up dressing, but at the time it did not). Well three years later the desires to dress were overwhelming and so I started to get a few 'things'. Girlfriend sees some bras in my dresser and wants to know what girls have I been sleeping with. When I tell her that they are mine, turns out she is OK with my dressing, so the purge was a waste of time and of course money. We ended up breaking up about a year later (not due to dressing issues) but the things I lost still haunt me today, not to mention the cost of replacing it all.

I have never had a run in with the law like you did but if I had one a few years ago I think I would do the same thing that you did. I hope I never have one but if I had one now, I don't think I would purge again. I like my 'things' too much and the cost to replace them is just too high. Cheap girl that I am.