PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life....

Alana Lucerne
04-16-2018, 04:03 PM
So, a bit of a ramble about my day (last Friday actually)

I took the day off to get my hair cut - just a trim - but I also asked my hairdresser to try to do a retro wave look I’ve been wanting to try. Look up Mustafa Avci on YouTube for an example. Anyway, I was dressed, nothing over the top: jeans, a nice tunic, black heels. I was wearing my corset and showing some some cleavage as well. Not fooling anybody - I am passed passing.

Anyway, we weren’t really successful in the wave look we were going for. I’ve included a photo of the end result. Still quite nice I think.

Then I decided to do a bit of shopping. I went to the local Torrid. I haven’t had a chance to go there yet although I’ve been to their website often. Quite a small store, it surprised me. I was particularly interested in shoes. Mostly because I normally wear a women’s size 13 or 14. So I thought I would try some of theirs to see if I could find a fit. I was surprised to find that Torrid’s size 13 was too big and a 12 or 12.5 fit quite well - depending on the style. The only think that I had difficulty with was ankle straps. Mostly they are too short. The young lady who served me was lovely. Very helpful. I thanked her for that and she said she realized how difficult it might be.

Then off to Milestones for some lunch. Again, not fooling anybody. My server there was also quite nice. After getting my coffee she asked “what pronoun do you use?”. I’ve never had that asked of me so I had to ask her to repeat it. I said “he”, and she smiled and off she went. I stopped her later to ask if that was policy or just her. She said it was just her idea and she wondered to herself if she had overstepped. I said “no, not a problem, I realize I am presenting quite ambiguously”.

Anyway, all day I met nothing but general acceptance even though I was clearly in the between spaces gender wise. There may have been some odd looks, but none that I saw,

So we will just have to try again on the hairstyle. I still want to get those retro waves.

Alana

Laura912
04-16-2018, 04:08 PM
That is wonderful hair! Based on your post, one assumes it is all natural and yours.

AllieSF
04-16-2018, 04:29 PM
I agree, you have wonderful and healthy long beautiful hair. Kudos to your server who has some knowledge about trans people. I can't wait for the next pic of your next hair styling.

Shely
04-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Ii love the hair, and envy it too, sorry for the envy, but I do love it!

Rachael Leigh
04-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Great story of being out there and just being you, and oh my if only I had your hair very cute

Sami Brown
04-16-2018, 09:35 PM
Wow! Your hair is awesome and very beautiful.

I am glad you had such a wonderful day.

Sami

Beverley Sims
04-16-2018, 11:55 PM
I would love to have hair like yours.

Rachelakld
04-17-2018, 02:04 AM
lucky girl.
I've just been to a military reunion and had a number 4 hair cut and found out I don't have as much hair as I did after a number 4, 30 years ago :(

alwayshave
04-17-2018, 06:00 AM
Love your hair.