PDA

View Full Version : ATL to MDW

jennifer0918
04-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Well people another outing under my belt, I count them like flight hours ,like missions, etc.

The afternoon started with a makeover at transformations in Arlington Heights like always Soto did a great job made me look my best. This afternoon I was going to meet a gal from Atlanta here on business that wanted to get some girl time out and about in the windy city. We decided to meet at a mall in Lincolnwood funny we met in the men's section of a department store,we hugged,nice to meet you and continued to navigate through all the on lookers and shops . We stopped in torrids with no issues the SA's were so nice asked if we wanted to try on anything, no problem just let them know. Another stop at Charlotte Russe, again no problem ,SA's very happy to assist and very kind. We stopped by the food court ordered a couple of pops (sodas ) sat down and were deep in conversation about family, work,trans issues, gender, I mean we talked for an hour with no problem sure some ggs looked some guys stared but no one said a thing (knock on wood). I noticed Patti was more relaxed by now and more comfortable being out I assured her nobody knows her and we were miles away from downtown where her business was at. So we carried on.

We left the mall and headed to Big Shots piano bar,it was Rori's T party a gathering of great people,good drinks,and good music. We sat at our table ordered a couple of cocktails and a chefs salad. We talked enjoyed the live music. I introduced Patti there must have been like 25 other gals there that night,she was having a good time and definitely more relaxed. I finally met my friend Julie from this forum and CDH she was looking hot ,what a knockout. It was 10:30 pm so we called it a night . We stopped at Ralphs drug store ,Patti needed some cosmetics and I picked up some cottage cheese, and so we went in. This stop again was with no issues,we waited in line for about 15 minutes the cashier was kind we walked out just like a couple of Jane Doe's. Drove her back to her hotel said our good night's. This is the beginning of a wonderful friendship.

Eryka1
04-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Wow sounds like a wonderful time. One day I might get the courage to try something like this. Thanks for posting it gives me hope!

jennifer0918
04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Your welcome Eryka I post this because I want all the girls to know that it's OK to be you.
Love &hugs

Helen_Highwater
04-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Jennifer,

What a great day! So nice to meet up with a sister CD'er. Isn't it fascinating that having this shared lifestyle when we meet another person for the first time we have so much to share.

Wow sounds like a wonderful time. One day I might get the courage to try something like this. Thanks for posting it gives me hope!

Erykal,

Many of us have been in your position of thinking if only...one day perhaps. Well it can and does happen. Yes it does take courage to take those first tentative steps but like Jennifer and her friends proved, it can be done. The rewards are just wonderful.

Eryka1
04-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Jennifer,

What a great day! So nice to meet up with a sister CD'er. Isn't it fascinating that having this shared lifestyle when we meet another person for the first time we have so much to share.

Erykal,

Many of us have been in your position of thinking if only...one day perhaps. Well it can and does happen. Yes it does take courage to take those first tentative steps but like Jennifer and her friends proved, it can be done. The rewards are just wonderful.

Thanks for kind words. One day perhaps...

Kandi Robbins
04-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Jen,

Congratulations! I am so very happy that you got out had had that experience and that you felt comfortable out in the "regular" world. I hate that word, but it makes the point. Now it's your turn to get on that plane!

I am very proud of you!!

Kandi

Sami Brown
04-18-2018, 07:49 PM
This is a very nice story. Isn't it wonderful to have everything go so well?

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story!

Sami

Jaylyn
04-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Great story. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

docrobbysherry
04-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Sounds like a great day and nite for Jenn.:thumbsup:

I'm guessing this happened in Chicago? But, then the ATL in your header has me stumped! Never mind the MDW! (ATL to MDW). :straightface:

jennifer0918
04-19-2018, 01:42 AM
Lol Doc they are the airport city codes MDW stands for Chicago Midway, ATL is Atlanta Hartsfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you ladies for the wonderful comments,I poured all my cd knowledge to my new friend also telling her about this forum.

Kandi sweetheart from our phone call I mentioned to you my desire to fly pretty and I think flying out to meet you will be my first flight. One day I will build up the courage and get on that plane as Jennifer.

Love and kisses to all. To my sisters still dressing at home looking pretty with no where to go,all it takes is to open the front door,the hardest part is that first step....

Beverley Sims
04-19-2018, 07:46 AM
A well planned outing, I guess you will have many more now.

Another one for the log book. :-)