PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected pleasure !

Teresa
04-18-2018, 01:52 PM
First of all the UK finally has found the sun , what a year it's been !! The problem is catching up with all the jobs, well OK maybe get the recliner out and soak up some of that sun .

I did some messy jobs and then decided to change, so I kept it simple because I had plenty of jobs to do . I slipped on a shortish skirt with a kick pleat in the front because I intended to use a step ladder and needed the extra freedom , I topped it off with a salmon pink Tshirt and with my soft non wired bra and forms. My short wig a little perfume and a neat bead necklace , as I was intending to garden I had a pair of comfortable heeled wedges on.

This is the first opportunity to go out in my garden to work dressed since I moved in February and the weather really has been aweful since then.
I couldn't believe how a simple job like weeding felt so good , the gentle breeze blowing the skirt and flicking my hair, the soft background smell of my perfume, the gentle tap from my necklace on my chest, I have to say all these senstions together were an unexpected pleasure , I never thought I'd say this but gardening felt quite sexy . I must admit I was so engrossed in working but became aware in the corner of my eye my next door neighbour having a good look while he was working in his garden. I know I've metioned before that all my neighbours know about my CDing but may not have seen me, well he was certainly making up for it .

I know I've been banging on about going full time, well today it felt so good I didn't have a second thought about putting my rubbish bin out on my drive , I know I'm geeting there by small steps . I can't use the weather as an excuse but the sun really does make the World turn a little easier .

franlee
04-18-2018, 02:12 PM
You are right. I have experienced similar and asked my wife if she ever feels these sensations. She admitted that unless there was something to trigger her to think about them that they were just taken for granted. What a shame, they do make for a special and memorable incident.

Bobbi46
04-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Teresa
You are the same as me except silly things happen to me like falling of a wheelie seat into the road! but joking apart yes for sure a skirt, a gentle breeze and just peace and quiet around make for a pleasant way of gardening and so what if I am seen dressed, everybody knows anyway, but hopefully the warm weather will stay and more nice times outside to come.

candice.aihara
04-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Pleasures of the unexpected kind are among the best I think. It's good to read how it's those small yet meaningful (to you) moments bring a smile to your lips. Hopefully you'll experience many more soon!

docrobbysherry
04-18-2018, 11:49 PM
I think I know what the neighbor was looking at, Teresa! :daydreaming:

The last time I saw a woman working in a garden in a skirt, necklace, perfume, and heels? Was one of the Gabor sisters on the TV show, Green Acres!:battingeyelashes:

Becky Blue
04-19-2018, 12:53 AM
Teresa, I can totally relate to what you are saying... the little things that we notice and get so much joy from... on very rare occasions I get to dress at home and will often do housework, I love the feel of my skirt when i turn or the clunk of my bracelet on something..

One question for you Teresa where is the selfie?

Dana44
04-19-2018, 01:08 AM
Teresa, Sounds like a great day.

Teresa
04-19-2018, 03:42 AM
Becky,
Don't ask , I bought a lemon of a phone , I know they call them smart phones or maybe it's owner isn't smart enough to use it ! It was full of crap apps so I askjed the guy to clear it all , now I have double entries on all my contacts and the camera doesn't work !!

Shely
04-19-2018, 04:34 AM
I also dress lightly to do chores around the home and in the garage. I don't know how to explain why that feels better, it just does. would love to go full time and dump all my drab clothes, but my wife relatives, i think, wouldn't be so thrilled as i would be. But I am dressing more and more all the time and it feels more natural every time. I just love rocking with my legs on the ottoman looking an my skirt, hose and bright red flats when relaxing in the house.

Beverley Sims
04-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Teresa,
It is nice to see you get into the swing of things, it won't be long now.

Karen RHT
04-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Good for you Teresa. You made a plan and you're following it as closely as possible. You're overcoming challenges, and stepping forward in ways you see fit. You're trying to be considerate and respectful of others. Keep going, and keep enjoying.

Karen

jennifer0918
04-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Wow Teresa sounds like a very productive and fulfilling day.

Sidney
04-19-2018, 09:52 AM
It is wonderful to experience those little things.

colleen ps
04-19-2018, 11:03 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I have progressed to wearing skirts at home most of the time now. My neighbours and family know apart from my mum. I always garden with a skirt on but no perfume! It detracts from natures scent's
lol

Rachelakld
04-20-2018, 02:52 AM
That's so cute you getting to enjoy the garden before the floods come (sorry, bad joke especially if you live in the Yorkshire area).
I don't bother getting manned up just to put the rubbish out either.

Teresa
04-21-2018, 03:50 AM
Rachel,
You're not that far from ther truth, it has been cold and miserable for far too long , you're not missing much . My new home is sited on a hillside , the field behind is full of springs , most of the other residents are saying it's the worse year for over 16 years for the volume of water coming down the hillside . I must admit my rubbish bins do get overlooked sometimes but now I just go and put them out or retrieve them no matter how I'm dressed , saying that I haven't been out in my nightie yet !!

CONSUELO
04-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Or maybe the sun has found you