PDA

View Full Version : comfortable in my own skin

sara66
04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
I have seen several threads were people said they feel like their real selves when dressed. I have though a lot about how dressing makes my feel. I have come to the conclusion that I feel like me no make how I am dressed or how pretty I look (think bigfoot in a dress). How may of you feel you belong to both sides of you. :battingeyelashes:
Sara

Tracy Irving
04-18-2018, 06:30 PM
There is only me. I like some clothes more than others.

Samm
04-18-2018, 07:10 PM
I feel I'm more of a Chewbacca than a bigfoot. But no matter how I'm dressed, I still feel like "me"- some male, some female. Now if you want to talk percentages, that changes constantly for me. So there is no one answer. But when I'm dressed, especially the whole nine, it just feels right. Like that's how it's supposed to be.

Helen Waite
04-19-2018, 01:42 AM
I feel.... peaceful. All the everyday chaos and hell retreats for a few peaceful minutes/hours.

Rachelakld
04-19-2018, 03:45 AM
I went to a military reunion 2 weekends ago, played with guns, checked out the old base, had a meal in the mess - brilliant boy time, loved every minute, wishing we had night exercises or paintball challenge of the young generation.
I've spent the last 6 weeks working out to max my body, trim, fit and hardened.

I was still in the town for another 2 days after the lads had gone home, put on my pretty clothes and spent 2 days in girl mode, shopping and dinning - loved every minute of it.

Different personality for different occasions
- taking it to the max, "hard as" in male mode and not giving a #hit about girly stuff,
- soft and sweet in girl mode hating the idea of getting my finger nails broken.

Sherri_Christopher
04-19-2018, 04:33 AM
I get a lot of comfort when I'm dressed en-femme, but I'm also comfortable with my male self. It's who I am and I'm glad I've come to terms with being a CDer and no longer feel guilt or shame.

GretchenM
04-19-2018, 05:53 AM
I don't really feel there are two sides for me because I don't sense there is a boundary or border anywhere in my gender identity. It is just a very broad scale that includes moderate masculine to maybe a bit more than moderate feminine. However, some aspects of the feminine zone are definitely more comforting and sometimes feels just right. I feel that sometimes on the masculine end, but not nearly as often. My preference is for the feminine but without the masculine it would not seem right.

It is really a great question you have asked because it goes to how we individually vary and I think knowing the range of gender sense and the relative effects is important for each of us to personally identify so we can go through life as comfortable and effective as we can.

MarinaTwelve200
04-19-2018, 06:05 AM
My Male self is my "Real self"--it is ME. My Fem Self is my "Not Me" mode------So I seem to be a bit of an "odd Duck" here.-----However that's what CDing is about for me To GET AWAY from myself.--- A "Vacation from myself" so to speak, if only for a few hours. I don't think it's the sexual thing (it IS an element though) but rather breaking the "Brain taboo" that protects one's personality that gives me the "RUSH". And while in not me mode, I find I can completely "relax and unwind" ---no "manhood" pressures and no personal responsibilities or worries, those belong to ME and NOT "Not me".

Rayleen
04-19-2018, 06:05 AM
feeling both side, but happier " en femme " side.

kimdl93
04-19-2018, 06:33 AM
I feel as though I adapt to the situation. It’s a bit like improvisational performance...doing what feels appropriate for the circumstances.

that being said, I’m seldom entirely comfortable in my own skin. lately, I have again b
felt most at ease when I can be fully en femme.

CarolBrown
04-19-2018, 07:05 AM
I am much happier in female mode than male mode, but, I do enjoy the occasional weekend doing male dominated activities...

Beverley Sims
04-19-2018, 07:38 AM
I am female dominated but I do let a bit of male in now and then.

DaisyLawrence
04-19-2018, 07:41 AM
I only have one side.

Karen RHT
04-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Like you Sara, I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing. There are days when a skirt or a dress, just seems like the right choice. Like most humans, I usually feel good about making the right choice for me.

Karen

Nikki A.
04-19-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm comfortable in both modes. When I get dressed, I don't worry what others think, or if I pass. It is me and I accept it that I am a born male with a strong femme side.
Dressed as I guy I accept that this is me and sometimes I have to play the man hand. I don't feel comfortable being a man in a dress, it is either or for me though. Not knocking those that do rock it, but it's not me.

candice.aihara
04-19-2018, 07:35 PM
I'm myself regardless of how I dress. The benefit of a feminine wardrobe is there's more to mix and match!

Krisi
04-20-2018, 08:30 AM
I posted a similar theme a while back. I think anyone who says they "feel like me" when dressed is a bit confused. Clothes don't make the man and they don't make the woman either. You are the same person in jeans and a tee shirt or a skirt and blouse. There's no way it can be any different.

Stacy Darling
04-20-2018, 09:05 AM
I do appreciate that there are many a reason to answer this differently, and I can't answer this with an answer which best reflects my thoughts!

I can feel like me and can have the Butterfly Princess feeling! OR I can feel like me and take a Swan dive into deeply depressed water!

Yet still One Stacy?

Asew
04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
For me, dressing doesn't make me feel as my real self. But finally letting people know that I dress has let me be my real self. It is a part of me and it sucked that I tried to hide it, ignore it, bury it, etc. It will always be a part of me and I love be able to finally fully exploring this dormant part of me. I am still anxious about it but I am getting more comfortable in my own skin. And I have three typical types of dress: all male, male waist up and female waist down, or all female.