PDA

View Full Version : I'll pay!!

melissa_rinaldi
04-20-2018, 03:41 PM
that's what I heard a guy yell from his car window this afternoon as I walked to the train station. I'm on my way to Penn station in nyc on a long awaited adventure. it wasn't until I was further down the street that it hit me. I am dressed a little nice, but not high end.

funny how I continue to understand how little I know about how the other half lives.

kimdl93
04-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Yep, there are some crude excuses for masculinity out there.

Samm
04-20-2018, 05:32 PM
We'll never understand the 'other half'
They'll just change their minds, and leave us guessing anyway.

And, I never understood the 'yelling out of a car window while driving by' thing.
He didn't even give you the chance to take him up on his offer.... cheapskate:D

Stephanie47
04-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Lately, being crude has become a national pastime.

Teresa
04-21-2018, 03:56 AM
Melissa,
Maybe he was just inviting to join him for coffee !! OK so I'm a little naive or maybe the guy needed his eyes tested , sorry it happens !!

NO harm done , we all learn from these little events .

alwayshave
04-21-2018, 06:14 AM
Lately, being crude has become a national pastime.

No more so than where I live.

back to the original post, I never understood yelling or beeping at women, does anybody really think that is going to get them together with a women.

MarinaTwelve200
04-21-2018, 08:43 AM
That Yelling stuff is a sign that the guy is INSECURE in his masculinity-----He perhaps thinks he may be "gay" or some other way "insufficient" in his masculinity, and the hollering is for the benefit of his friends and others around who might suspect his "terrible secret"----In effect he is using YOU (if he think's YOU are a woman) to say HEY GUYS! look at me! I am attracted to women! I am NOT Gay!" OR if he Knows YOU are a CD he is saying "Hey , look at me--I am expressing HATRED for a Homosexual! That means I am not Gay!"

Don't you remember when you were a teenager, Not quite sure of yourself, and would loudly remark at the sight of a woman (or felt a desire to) so your friends would think you were sexually "normal"?----Most of us very quickly got over that, but to carry it on into ADULTHOOD suggests a real problem.----Like trying to hide a dire suspicion that one might be gay (either real or out of ignorance to the definition), etc. I knew guys who thought they were gay, simply because they were no good at sports. (missed the true definition entirely)

sometimes_miss
04-21-2018, 05:44 PM
I never understood yelling or beeping at women, does anybody really think that is going to get them together with a women.
It only takes ONE positive response from a woman, to get men to keep doing it forever. And it doesn't even have to be his own success.
We see the jock in high school honk and say something suggestive to some girl that (unbeknownst to us he is already seeing) responds and jumps into his car? We never forget that. EVER.
Women forget that their behavior is observed. Whenever they respond positively to ANY type of bad male behavior, we remember it, and of course, begin to think we can duplicate it.
One, and I mean ONE, woman remarked during a discussion that she sometimes liked to be 'pounded into oblivion'. Explains every single guy who believes that hours of rough behavior in bed is what every woman ALWAYS wants. Only have to hear it once, ladies. Be careful what you say you like.

candice.aihara
04-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Wow. That's unfortunate you had to hear that. I agree with others that these 'barkings' are crude and rather unpleasant.

melissa_rinaldi
04-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Melissa,
Maybe he was just inviting to join him for coffee !! OK so I'm a little naive or maybe the guy needed his eyes tested , sorry it happens !!

NO harm done , we all learn from these little events .

I was not bothered as much as I was surprised. as for getting his eyes checked, I know I looked the part in 3very aspect given I the large variety of places I walked through and did not receive a single strange stare. I am certain he had no doubt he was looking at a young woman

donnalee
04-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Most likely he thought you were female and there was at least 1 other guy in the car (congratulations, you passed, although I can't congratulate you on who with). Or he was gay, looking for a hookup and alone; or thought he could fool his fiends into thinking otherwise if he was not.

DaisyLawrence
04-22-2018, 02:39 AM
The guys an idiot but hey, he thought you were a woman and one worth paying for. Many on here will never get that acceptance even from a sexist jerk like him. Got to see the positives Mellisa :)

Teresa
04-22-2018, 05:17 AM
Melissa,
Only a leg pull , I'm sure you looked fine judging from your avatar .

Stephanie Julianna
04-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Before I answered this thread I wanted to see your full body shot if you had posted one. I went to your profile and first I found a typo. It says that you are 52. Thought you would like to know. I'm sure it should be 32. Secondly, I saw pics of you in many outfits. All were very pretty and very stylish on your well cared for body and one was for fun. That being said your makeup and long hair with your fashion choices really scream sexy young lady. Men are jerks as we all have the gene here and hopefully suppress it from our experiences on the other side but this guy was just giving you a compliment in his very crude and ignorant way. He could have just as easily yelled, "Looking fine as wine!" or "Hey, beautiful Lady!" No he had to go the other route make you question how you look. The only way you might have dressed inappropriate for NYC from what I saw of your closet is if you wore the cheerleader outfit. Then I might have to defend him. We all know those kite are meant for the stadium or the bedroom. LOL I have to say that you look amazing. Please tell us about the anti-aging serum you are using. Love, Steph

CONSUELO
04-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Some mothers have 'em.

Beverley Sims
04-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Yes, I know....... Take it as a compliment, you obviously passed. :-)

melissa_rinaldi
04-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Before I answered this thread I wanted to see your full body shot if you had posted one. I went to your profile and first I found a typo. It says that you are 52. Thought you would like to know. I'm sure it should be 32. Secondly, I saw pics of you in many outfits. All were very pretty and very stylish on your well cared for body and one was for fun. That being said your makeup and long hair with your fashion choices really scream sexy young lady. Men are jerks as we all have the gene here and hopefully suppress it from our experiences on the other side but this guy was just giving you a compliment in his very crude and ignorant way. He could have just as easily yelled, "Looking fine as wine!" or "Hey, beautiful Lady!" No he had to go the other route make you question how you look. The only way you might have dressed inappropriate for NYC from what I saw of your closet is if you wore the cheerleader outfit. Then I might have to defend him. We all know those kite are meant for the stadium or the bedroom. LOL I have to say that you look amazing. Please tell us about the anti-aging serum you are using. Love, Steph

I don't know if I've ever received a nicer compliment. if you saw me In guy mode you'd think i was older than 52. my 'secret' is some pretty strong medical tape. I started taping about 5 years ago when I lost a lot of weight while training for a marathon . my face became more 'creased' and thin. I continue to find ways to improve the taping. a few downsides includ9mg I can't wear my hair back. also takes about 15 extra minutes to do and I haven't found the perfect tape yet -one that never moves.

But I love the results, and only wish I was still in my old job where I got to travel a lot (as Missy is not accepted at home)

Vicky_Scot
04-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Maybe everyone has taken this the wrong way. He may well have been inviting you out for dinner and sating that he would pay. :battingeyelashes: