PDA

View Full Version : Worst Girl things you had to do

Georgette
10-26-2004, 02:44 PM
We had the wosrt boy things now let's here the worst girl things you hated to do. :( :(
Mine was changing a dirty stinky diaper or nappy as you chaps across the pond say. :o
Be who you want to not what others tink you should be.

LOL Georgette :)

Rachel Ann
10-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I did it all the time when mine was a baby. My wife would never have let me get away with calling it a girl thing!

Amy_B
10-26-2004, 02:49 PM
My wife was lazzzzzzzzzzzzy.. I did all of that with my kids too.. I would have to say the thing that I dont like about being a girl is the fact that most people dont exept men dressed as women.. O and when u have long nails and u have a basketball jam one and it almost rips ur nail off.. OUCH

KewTnCurvy GG
10-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Start my period in grade school when there were only sanitary belts and pads that came in giant white boxes with a nurses face on them. :(

The horror of it all!

hugs
kew

babe4life
10-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Worst *girl* thing!? Uhm. Used an epilator on my longish leg hair :eek:

Kew, I think you have me there. There is *no* way I can top that one! ;)

Love,
Vicky

Rachel Elizabeth
10-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Youch!

A few things come to mind:

1. Having to clean up strawberry daiqueri vomit at 1 AM off a beige rug.
2. Having to change one really stinnnnkkkkkkeeeee diaper! Ugh!
3. Having to be a dress model for my stepmother.

Number 3 deserves more commentary. I was raised by my grandmother. When I was 13, I chose to live with my father and his wife [my stepmother]. Now, I was into dressing since I was about 5 but no one knew it. While I enjoyed being a dress model...Mom did her own sewing and we were both about the same height and weight. She would have me slip into the article she was making, slip on a pair of heels, and let her do the pinning and hemming. Once when this occurred, she kept seeing a bump on the front of the dress. She reached up to smooth it down only to discover that that particular bump couldn't be smoothed down by her rubbing it.

Hugs....

KewTnCurvy GG
10-26-2004, 03:10 PM
She reached up to smooth it down only to discover that that particular bump couldn't be smoothed down by her rubbing it.

Hail Mary, Full of grace....the Lord is with thee....

Eeeks!
:eek: :eek:
Doesn't this require therapy and the consultation of an attorney???

hugs
kew

babe4life
10-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Rachel, oh my .... :o

Rachel Elizabeth
10-26-2004, 03:14 PM
:p :p :p

Little did she know. I do think about it now and then. I think she liked having me a part time daughter. I would have loved to have been but then Dad would never have understood.

Hmmmmm! Hmmmmm!

Tristen Cox
10-26-2004, 04:19 PM
:p :p :p

Little did she know. I do think about it now and then. I think she liked having me a part time daughter. I would have loved to have been but then Dad would never have understood.

Hmmmmm! Hmmmmm!

Rachel e'hmm that's interesting as this sort of happened to me as well.
I would have to say the diaper changing thing was the worst, not the actual baby sitting that I have done. sorry but PU......lol

Amelie
10-26-2004, 04:38 PM
I don't know if this counts and I don't know if any one will understand it.
I hate the abuse that girls get from sleezy men, guys who follow girls at night, guys in there cars making lewd remarks what they want you to do to them. I hate the macho guys that abuse women. These are things that women put up with so I count them as women things.

These are the same things I put up with when I go out, so if this is a woman thing, then I hate it.

Love Amelie

Krissi
10-26-2004, 04:38 PM
I would have to say hurriedly cleaning off nail glue, or mascara with someone knocking on the door for a surprise visit.

JJ :)

Marianne
10-26-2004, 04:48 PM
:p :p

Changing diapers is *NOT* a girl thing. It's a parent thing.

Other than giving birth and breastfeeding, I think *everything* else between parent and child is a *parent* thing rather than a 'boy' thing or a 'girl' thing.

When your pre-pubescent daughter gets her first period and Mom isn't at home, what are you as a *parent* gonna do? Panic? Run screaming in terror? Make the sign of the cross with your fingers and yell 'Unclean unclean!' at her?

Good way to mentally scar her for the rest of her life.

Me, I simply told her to stay in the bathroom while I ran to the store. Ten minutes later I was back with a box of tampons and demonstrated how to use one by sticking it up my nostril (yes, I *really* did do that).

-----------

I've blathered on before about how the media, society and our peers pressurize us into accepting 'gender' specific roles and such-like. As a parent I've raised my kids (well, one of my own plus three stepkids, plus my sisters kids) to be open minded, to NOT be judgemental, and most impotantly, how to be parents themselves (I have two grandkids and both male parents get to change diapers).

Other 'things' seen as 'girl' things or 'men' things become irrelevant if you live alone. Cooking for example. Sewing is another one. Do you think that the folks on the Lewis and Clarke expedition went into 'panic' mode if they ripped their clothing and realised there were no 'women' around to sew the rip up? I don't think so, sewing in those days was a pure survival skill.

Yah, I know there's a difference between stitching up a torn bearskin using a bone needle and some deer sinew and doing needlepoint with silk and lace. The basic principles are the same tho, and the stitching techniques aren't all that different.

I've taught my kids how to sew, how to strip and rebuild a motorcycle engine, how to change a flat tire or sparkplug, how to fight with a sword, how to shoot, how to order wine in a fancy restaurant and so on.

I've also taught them how to recognize those gender differences that the media and society places upon them. They all understand the difference between "What's expected" and "What's needed".

I feel that's doubly important as a parent too, if 'Dad' runs screaming at the sight of a dirty diaper he's not being a parent, he's being a 'wuss'. :D

Wendy me
10-26-2004, 04:50 PM
getting dressed and a run in the last pair of stockings i hate that

Marianne
10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
getting dressed and a run in the last pair of stockings i hate that

Adapt, improvise, overcome!

Try quick dab of clear nail polish, it can stop the run from getting any worse.

If a real *emergency*, try borrowing a little makeup that's a close match to the stocking color from somone, then rub it very gently into the run with your fingertip or a soft brush. It can help camoflage the color difference between the stocking and the leg underneath. It won't bear close inspection but it can help in an 'emergency'...

windycissy
10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Try walking in a dress in January in Chicago...for extra fun, try it in a freezing rain and feel your heels and nylons get soaked while your dress and coat whip around your knees...if you love it, you know you're hooked! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

brittany
10-26-2004, 07:22 PM
worst girll thing i hAd to do wAs douching After surgery cold And not fun to do yuk :(

mchelle
10-26-2004, 10:31 PM
trying to shave the hair off my body....the back was hard as i couldnt reach it well.
after that i guess would b shopping for a skirt and lingerie, getting up the nerve to let the salespeople know it was for me.
next will b trying to learn about makeup

Sweet Susan
10-26-2004, 10:41 PM
I have yet to have had what I would call a bad experience as a girl. It's all been breathlessly wonderful.

Wendy me
10-27-2004, 07:27 AM
hows abought haveing to put his clouthes on

Sandra H
10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi girls.

I like most things girly, I have no children, so have not had to change a nappy etc. I like to do house work and I think we have the best of both worlds. We can dress as a woman, yet not have any of “women’s problems” monthly periods, hot sweats etc.

The only bad girl thing I have ever had to do was a hand job on a man. I went from bi-curious back to straight in one stroke. :D