PDA

View Full Version : Any pilots go flying enfemme?

barbie lanai
03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I went flying enfemme once to see another CD in Santa Rosa and spend the weekend there.

Beautiful day, 100 mile visibility. Santa Rosa must be 110 miles. Fogged in!

Had to fly back to Columbia airport. And guess what? Turns out to be a fly-in and air show day, which I had planned to avoid by leaving early and being in Santa Rosa.

People are everywhere and even sitting in lawn chairs on my tiedown spot. Taxied up and motioned for them to leave the spot. What a day to pick to be enfemme. Lucky for me people were more interested in other things than staring at me.

It must have really flustered me. I don't remember now, what I was wearing then, but hope it was girl's jeans & tennis shoes. High heels and shorts skirts are way too embarrassing to wear crawling under a low wing airplane to tie it down.

TracyDeluxe
03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
You're a pilot? Cool! Own or rent? PM me if you don't want to post particulars, OK?

Jamie M
03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
hiya , no i'm afraid i haven't done this but it sounds like a real blast . Just wondering what you fly , kinda looks like an aa-5 you're posing on ?

JoAnnDallas
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
barbie lanai.. PM or email me too. See my profile. One thing I know is you even commerical female pilots wear slacks. LOL

JoAnn

sharifemme
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Honey, Sharifemme is always flying! (AND SHE ISN"T A PILOT AND DOESN"T HAVE A PLANE!!) LOL!

TV_Allie
03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
barbie lanai,
How cool!
I was wondering if there was any other pilots in here. I too am a pilot, I fly a lancair 320, which I built. I'm in California also. Would love to chat..Share flying stories etc. I've not worked up the nerve to try and fly enfemme yet, but have thought about trying it someday. My hanger is very public and with my plane I get a lot of lookie loo's, which in drab is no problem but enfemme??? I wish.
E-mail me here we'll talk OK?

Luv
allie

P.S. Are'nt you worried you'll poke holes in your wings with the heels?

barbie lanai
03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
The plane is a 67 Piper Cherokee 180. I owned it for over 25 years. I bought an RV in 1999 and sold the plane in 2002. I was finding myself on 4-5 month cross country RV trips and the plane seemed sort of useless sitting back in CA, if I was in VA.

I did take the heels off except for the pictures. Heels and aluminum just don't mix. Like fiberglass boat owners, no heels, period.

Haven't driven the RV enfemme. Always seems to have some crawl on the ground job at the beginning or ending of a trip. Or joy, stopping at truck stops for diesel.

tammie
03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
HI All: Barbie so great to meet U. I am also hold a private airmans cert. I have some time in twins but mostly single engine Cessna products. My flight instructor told me if its got wings propellers or tits, its cheaper to rent. That is why after my divorce in '84 I never remarried. I paid child support for 16yrs and I never met another woman my size who wanted me to wear her bras and panties with a garterbelt and stockings for her.

I am about to retire and I have considered getting implants for a gift to myself. I wear bras and panties when not at work and panties on duty so I am just about ready to go 24/7. I am 6' 205lbs and a 42C now. If I only went about 300CCs I could probably still go stealth if I needed to be discrete. Also I visited your website and really enjoyed it.

renee k
The flying I do is to support myself and my hobbies. and requires wearing a uniform. And dressing enfemme is out of the question.In fact I'm off to Las Vegas tonight on one of our redeye flights. I fly a late model (2005) Airbus A321. Will be out shopping on the strip tomorrow.
Huggs, Renee

Steph
What do you fly? I fly an A-320 Airbus.

Snookums
03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
I wish I could have flown my G model Cobra enfemme when I was in viet nam,what a hot ride that bird is,it would have been hotter in a mini skirt and stilettos.:cheeky:I found these and had to share,see what I mean

Deborah
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok so flight simulations don't count. I used to work structures on army helicopters then worked for a few years on Northwest airlines 727's. :D

VeronicaMoonlit
03-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Trannies with Cessna's are almost as much as a stereotype/truism as trannies with ham radio rigs, or trannies with model trains for for us slightly younger geeks, trannies with Linux boxes.

:-)

Veronica

renee k
03-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Steph,

A319's and A321's. PM me also I think I gave you my email awhile back. Will get together and talk.
Huggs, Renee

tammie
03-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Veronica Moonlite: Yes I have time in Cessnas, I also have the amateur license KB7*** and I am working on the Linux box. U R so right on, what is it about being a crossdresser that makes us also susceptible to other stimulating interests. Not really interested in trains, except maybe riding on them (Mexico Canada and Silverton/Durango), and someday being part of one.

renee k
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi Deborah,

It's the real thing. I do teach others to fly the Airbus in a real Flight simulator, for the airline I work for.

Huggs, Renee

elizabeth nicole
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
flew for twenty two years flew ac123, c-123. a-1-e sandys ov-10 broncos and a-37 tweetys for the air force uncle sugar never let us take them up enfemm and the peoples of se asia just would not have understood. have only flown a commander a few times since i retired in 1991 my brother just doesnt trust me.. special ops in a dress mite have been fun,but hard on the nails.:thumbsup:

Clare
03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Ok, so i'm not in the same league as everyone else, but I do fly unpowered glider aircraft.

Basically a recreational pilot, I fly single and dual seater gliders and have yet to qualify for the 'big wings' (20mtr span). I have flown cross-country and qualified for 'outlandings' (farmer's paddocks) when necesary. Try dodging Cattle, Sheep, and crops when landing! I am qualified for level one aerobatics (the easier level!) which is great fun in a small glider! I bet you 'Heavy' pilots are restricted from aerobatics eh? Eventually, I hope to qualify as an instructor, but I haven't flown in recent years, so I will need to get the skills back up to standard first!

I have tried power flight and can handle it ok, but it's too noisy with far more regulations to deal with - I prefer the quiet solitude of gliders and going where and when I want (within ATC rules of course)!

Francesca Chantel
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
This chick does her flying on 4 wheels...

Kath
03-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Never tried that but I am surprised how many pilots are here. Me just like to build them and fly for the $100 dollar hamburger. Suspect I might have been a management puke for the same company a couple of the Airbus fliers work for.

Hugs and keep the blue side up.

Kath

barbie lanai
03-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I noticed some time back, that a lot of CD's were pilots. I wonder if its a higher percentage than the public at large. And if so, why? Anyone have some numbers on it?

Steph
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Under new contracts, I will be laidoff indefently, So I have backup plan. Have Ship captains lic.

TracyDeluxe
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I noticed some time back, that a lot of CD's were pilots. I wonder if its a higher percentage than the public at large. And if so, why? Anyone have some numbers on it?

First of all, this is so cool that we have all these pilots in here! (OK, OK, I don't fly myself, but I am such a geek when it comes to airplanes!)

Barbie, I have no numbers or anything, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the "freedom" of flight? And maybe the "aloneness"? Not when flying an airliner, of course, but when up by oneself in a light GA a/c?

Anyway, kudos to all of you, you'll never know how I envy ya'll! :thumbsup:

TracyDeluxe
03-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok so flight simulations don't count. :D

Hmmph! They ought to count for something! :cheeky:

Missy Anne
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
The last airplane I flew was a Boeing 737 before I retired.

Missy Anne

Georgii
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi Tammie,
I am a commercial multi instrument rated pilot. I usually just fly for business or fun.
I am nearing retirement age too and alwasy considered myself too old for major body changes. Are you planning to become a full transgender or are you just re-working the upper body? How were you planning on getting larger breasts, Hormones or other techniques?

What have you tried so far for body re-forming?

Georgii

JoAnnDallas
03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I got my pilots license back in 1970. FLown mostly Cessna's (152, 172, 182). Also a long time member of the C.A.P. and now adays, as a pilot it's great. Getting a lot of FREE flying time in. Decided to go for my Instrument rating after all this time. Should have goten it long time ago.

pyrextv
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I fly, Piper PA-28's in a club in the NE. Have thought about flying en-femme, but never have. I wonder how many of us show up at Oshkosh?

Sally24
05-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey, if were going to include simulations, then I guess repairing E2-Cs on a flight deck should count too!

Seriously, I have never piloted but been very interested in aviation all my life. I worked on Hawkeyes in the Navy and have been to Kitty Hawk to try my hand at the hang gliders. Both of those include way too much wind to work with a skirt though.

Annesah
05-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Sorry to but in on you pilots. I wanted to fly so bad. Took lessons back in the early 80's and was fine on calm days but experienced mild but uncomfortable vertigo with turbulance. After 10 lessons my instructor advised me to quit as this problem should have abated at that point. I'v always wondered if I should have continued. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Lawren
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Only in my flight sim. Come to think of it, that's the only place I am a pilot. :D

P. S. I used to work on KC 135 Stratotankers in the USAF.

RenaCD
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Flight Sim and CfS Gotta love it! :love:

avawho
06-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Been a cross dresser for 45 years and a pilot for 30 flying mostly small light planes and floatplanes. I've have often thought it would be grand to do two hobbies at once... flying enfemme but never had the nerve to do so yet...

Yup guess i'm too cautious girls, maybe it's the old pilots/ bold pilots thing...

Cheers
Ava

lisablack44
06-06-2006, 04:59 AM
I was a plain pilot, and then I saw the light, and became a hover lover ! I fly a Robinson R-22 and a Robinson R-44 helicopter. I have never flown enfemme other than wearing panties and pantyhose under my drab clothes, but when I am flying my R-22 with the door off, and it's hot out, I often think of being in a short skirt and halter top. I hope to get the confidence to do that soon. Lisa

BettyAnne
06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
First, as some of you might know, I'm a pilot too. PVT. COMM, ATP, SEL, MEL Inst. Over 5000 hours in the last 56 years. Yes, I'm an ancient pelican. (even a member of the "Mile High" Club).
It has always amazed me finding out how many "T" persons are pilots. Guess you all know that in WWII it was not uncommon for members of the German Luftwaffe to wear lingerie under theri flight suits. I've hears that some of the Allied fliers did also.
For myself, I have a theory.....totally from a non professional's viewpoint,,,as to why so many of us fly.
Think about it. How often have you finished the shutdown checklist on your flight with the comment "Cheated Death Again"?
In a way, I think that many of us fly, not only for the freedom it gives us, Not only for the ability to move in six degrees of freedom, but because in a strange way it is an expression of our maculinity. Face it, ladies, few women enjoy being pilots. A sexist remark, I know, but none-the-less so.
We are saying that even though we enjoy the feminine aspects of life, we are possibly afirming that we are men.

As to flying dressed, when younger I often flew wearing a lovely blouse, above the knee kilt, and opaque tights (obviously no heels :) ).
And, yes, it took special care not to give a leg show in doing preflight.

These days, when I fly for the CAP I'm nearly always wearing Leggs "Sheer Energy" under my flightsuit. It feels lovely and gives support on long flights , preventing the pooling of blood in my feet.
You would be suprised as to how many professional pilots wear some sort of support hose under their outer garments......or in how many cases it is some brand of pantyhose.
Oh, yes, I do have an Advanced Class Ham ticket
And, to help you with the arithmatic, I'll be 74 next birthday.
Betty

SoCalSuziCD
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow so many pilots here!
I'm a pilot also, but haven't yet flown en-femme. Although being an instructor with many authorities, I can fly en-femme, but just haven't done it yet. It wouldn't be any more different than driving en-femme. I think....
Anyways, at our school, we wear an uniform which I usually wear panties, and hose, but no bras. Just because when I get out of an airplane, the bra line will show under the white shirts that i wear. Also sweating doesn't help either.
When Holloween comes, I'm planning coming to work on a women pilot uniform with a skirt :P. We'll see what the reaction would be.
I guess I'm the youngest pilot, crossdresser here? :P

Georgette
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I and a couple others here are in partnership on a Gulf Stream. When I do get the chance to go somewhere in it I am usually enfemme, and the pilot knows it too. So does this count.:)

Stephanie Miller
06-06-2006, 07:54 PM
I too have failed to accomplish the complete licence. But for no other reason except that the math didn't work out. I was 3 solo hours shy in a little cessna 150 ( wanted to end up with a beaver for hunting and fishing Canada and Alaska) when it occured to me that the basic cessna itself would cost about $20,000 (give or take). But so would 133 new dresses,or 165 new wigs, or 3361 sets of fake nails, or 909 skirts, or 444 new blouses, or 307 pairs of new heels!
All kidding aside, I moved and just never took it up again. Could never justify the expense with a new family. Rats. But I still prefer little planes to the BIG boys. I figure if the pilot has a heart attack I have a clue in the little one.:D
Hugs,
Stephanie

I don't drive fast! I just fly low.:eek:

VtVicky
06-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I played with flight lessons as a teenager. My eyes were too bad to fly seriously, so when I entered the AF I fixed F-106's. Because I did something right, (I can't recall what), I got a flight in a T-33. During the flight I had the stick for awhile and scared the crap out of myself. BIG difference between a T bird and a Cessna 172.

But I digress. It is amazing how many on this net are pilots. I'd love to see some research on this.

In some respect we are generally a group of men with multiple talents and tastes. And are not inhibited by gravity or social norms. We tend to be comfortable in situations that most men would find intimidating, if not down right terrorizing. And we're not afraid to take our lives in our own hands. And we are not afraid of entertaining ourselves alone if necessary. But, would prefer to share our passion with others.

And I suppose, if I had a poetry streak, I might say something about the land based mammal adopting the feathers of a bird. And how we all try to emulate another creature that we were not born to be.

KristiMartin
06-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't fly planes, but I sure love jumping from them!!!:D

Clarisse
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm amazed at the number of pilots who enjoy the feminine side. I'm still active as an instructor but have never flown enfemme. Would like to. maybe some day. Clarisse.

Bernice
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I became a private pilot first, 400+ in SEL, mostly with the little wheel in back - where it definitely belongs! Also 1 in rotor, and 1 in twin. Also now an Extra Class ham - KC0###. But since 9/11/01 with the whammy my income took, and the new risk of being shot down by friendly fire, talkin is lots cheaper and safer than flyin! :mad: My new IC-7000 cost less than a medical certificate. Go figure.

I never actually was PIC en-femme, but prior to 9/11/01 I went to the local airport one night and proved I could climb into a C152 rental I'd flown before, albeit not very ladylike in the dress and sling pumps I had on.

After 9/11/01 all I had courage to do was to pose for self portraits while pretending to pre-flight. (Pics on another forum)

Who is that famous CDr who usually flies en-femme, but was fortunately in drab when he had an engine out on climbout and made the headlines?

I once daydreamed about skydiving en-femme...

I encourage PMs.

CharlaineCadence
06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
the PT-19 Cornell was what i learned to fly in back in 96 when i paid to get my licence. Great plain to learn and now I own a smaller gas rc of it. best plane I ever flew next to a sopwith camel and a fokker dr-I. At one point in my life I was thinking of buying a commanchee warrior but decided agenst it after finding that I would have had to replace the electronics. any who never flew en-fem but love flying still. Might get relicenced someday soon its been 5 years since I last flew.

hears the plane in flight

Joanne_'jojo'
06-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Holy hem-lines batman... what a huge bunch of pilots there are here.

I have my PPL too and working away at the Commercial (money permitting, which it hasn't been lately).

I did all of my training on a Citabria, which to me felt like climbing into an old fighter... put the opposite leg here on the step.. grab here.. swing up and brace against the back of the seat whilst swinging other leg past the stick and slide down into the seat. Not sure how a long skirt or dress would work into that.

I have a full size simulator which I am building in the basement, which I have flown while dressed. Seems an A340/A320 is a lot easier to get into :)

Joanne

marti
06-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not a pilot but I log a lot of hours in helicopters as a passenger. I do have a couple of hours flying a helicopter and about 1/2 hour flying the Fuji blimp. Someday I may take lessons. I live near a busy general aviation airport and watch the plnaes fly over my house every day. I am also a ham like many people on this site too.