PDA

View Full Version : Facial recognition it is not.

Tracy Irving
04-27-2018, 12:15 PM
I installed an application on my phone that takes a picture of me and transforms that image into various "looks". There are two that change the photo into their version of me as a female. Nothing horrible (like the bald me), they look just fine.

Once in a while I will do the whole cheap makeup / bad wig look. The last time I did it, I used the app to see what it thought I looked like as a man...

Nailed it!

What did I expect? Exactly what I got. I didn't change enough to make a difference. And this from a free app!

A few years ago I lost a considerable amount of weight and was quite happy with my appearance. I took some pictures and chose this one (backside) because I thought it would be the least visually offensive.

The only reason I bring any of this up is to put a different spin on a recently closed thread. No desire to go down that road...

Beverley Sims
04-28-2018, 12:13 AM
You don't need a face to recognise anyone, the body shape, bearing, vioce, there are a myriad of things that determine identity.

I just show my best side to look flattering, just as you have as stated in a previous post elsewhere.

Turn around on your avatar and you may spoil the illusion.

Stacy Darling
04-28-2018, 09:17 AM
Facial recognition must be great, I myself have trouble with gender recognition ( Blurred ) except for the extremes. It really messes with my sexuality! Maybe it is important?

I learned to look at peoples faces when I was 46-47ish I think it was, not for Facial recognition but so that they would think I was normal. Maybe it was never important?

Time for a clear coat on my nails,
Stacy!

Asew
04-28-2018, 10:45 AM
I learned to look at peoples faces when I was 46-47ish I think it was, not for Facial recognition but so that they would think I was normal. Maybe it was never important?

I have a hard time telling men apart but no problem with women. I always thought it was because I would be more observant of women and ignore men. But I just realized I don't look at people's faces much (don't want them knowing I am looking at them), so this probably what makes it hard to distinguish men more. For instance watching X files where lots of men wear suits, it was really hard to tell the men apart for me.

As a runner, I always find it funny when you can recognize someone just by hearing their footfalls behind you or seeing their gait in their silhouette in the distance.

sometimes_miss
04-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Just be careful. Most phone applications want access to all kinds of things, one of which often being your contacts. You might not want random CD related things on your phone linking you to your contacts. And since it is using your pictures, it definitely has access to all of those and might 'phone home' with your images.