PDA

View Full Version : I am gonig to do it.

Rhonda123
03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Well I am going to do it this weekend. I am going to tell my oldest daughter about me being a crossdresser. I am hoping that she will take it ok. This will at least explane to why there are dresses in the closet that mommy dosen't wear and to why there are shoes that are too big for mom to wear also. I think that she will take it well in stride.:o

TracyDeluxe
03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
I take it mom/mommy knows already?

Darlene Rochelle
03-16-2006, 02:11 PM
I have yet to tell my daughter anything.My therapist said age 15 is tough enough without dropping a bombshell on her.She is aware of all the women's magazines I read,and subscribe to; Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire,Glamour,Self,Allure & Elle.Doesn't seem to think anything is wrong.:)

Rhonda123
03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes my wife knows and is ok with it. She keeps telling my that I am going to have to be the one to tell my children when the time is right. So I am hoping that the time is right with my oldest

sharifemme
03-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Best of Luck! I'll be praying for you!

Sharifemme

Jodie_Lynn
03-16-2006, 02:50 PM
I wish you the best of luck, but I have a few questions.

How old is your eldest daughter?

How many other kids do you have?

What are you going to say to her?

Are you going to tell her to "keep it secret" from the other kids?

geegee2
03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
My prayers arte there for you and I hope it will go ok, Im sure we are all rooting for you. Please let us know how it turns out and again my prayers will be sais strongly for you. love kisses and hugs GeeGee2

Wendy me
03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
best of luck in telling her......

Breanne
03-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Best of Luck! I'll be praying for you!

Sharifemme
Amen!

Julie Avery
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I posted this link (http://www.proudparenting.com/page.cfm?sectionid=77&typeofsite=storydetail&ID=800&storyset=yes) on another thread, if you didn't see it there you might take a look at it. It's an article by a therapist expert in tg issues, addressing the child thing in what seemed to me to be helpful terms.

I'll quote two paragraphs here, but highly recommend the entire article. What follows is quoted.

----------

Coming out to children who do not know about their parent’s crossdressing is a bit more complex. It is probably a good idea to talk about it before “showing it” in any way. You might want to say something like, “There is something I want to tell you because I think you are old enough to know this about me. Sometimes I like to wear women’s clothing. I know that may sound strange to you, but it is something I have done my whole life, and like to do sometimes at home. I’m happy to talk with you more about this at any time.” I would then, slowly, over many weeks and months begin to wear small items of clothing and check their reactions to it. I would continue to engage in dialogue and remember that sometimes it takes weeks or months for reality, and therefore honest reaction, to really hit someone. My best advice: move forward slowly. I would caution against wearing any provocative clothing, very high heel shoes, low cut garments, “sexy” lingerie, even if this is your preferred style. As a general rule, clothing like this will make most children uncomfortable, and will not help them to accept your crossdressing. As much as I hate to have our lives dictated by outside forces, I also think clothing like this could be potentially used against you in legal or custody situation. Also, I caution everyone to be especially sensitive to your spouses’ needs and boundaries – wives may well be (over)protective of their children, and this should be respected.

-----------------------

The author is Arlene Istar Lev, LCSW, CASAC....I don't know what the alphabet soup signifies.

Michellemartyn
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Good luck

I hope you are ready for the big one [are you Gay dad]

I told Amy & Dan last year 16 & 20 Dan said is it hereditary then got on with his life .But Amy just doe.s not understand or like it at all. I no she is doing her best and doen,t like to think her friends will no but will not look at me at the Mo, which makes me very unhappy. Iv got TV & TS friends coming for a meal soon and would love to show my littel girl off to them but don,t think it will happen so be ready for some long chats and she may be OK after sometime with luck.
I will be thinking of you do let us no.

Love Michelle

Wenda
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I told my daughter, who was 25 at the time, by email. worked OK. She told her older brother and told me that her older brother also dressed. My youngest son thought something ws strange when my closet door was left open, with my rack of 12 pairs of shoes exposed. The email approach seemed to ease the tension.
Good luck.

carol ann
03-16-2006, 07:49 PM
I must confess, I would not do it at this time.

I just think it is unfair to her - she is at an age when she could easily be disturbed and she needs to feel that the home envirenment is secure. Don't underestimate what effect this can have on her. She is most unlikely to be able to identify with your leanings and may feel you are deliberately turning her world upside down.

Being very hard, I would say her welfare is more important then your wants or urges

You may then ask - what age is the right age. It depends on the girl (or Boy) and her maturity but I think it would be inlikely to be before they were at least eighteen.

I speak as a parent and now a young grandparent

Sierra Evon
03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Best of luck , from your girl Sierra.........

Joy Carter
03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
No offence but have you ever watched a bunch of little girls together or even a buch of teens ? Tell me how many of them have their mouths closed ? Wait untill she's matured and and well into her adult years and has time to think before she speaks. Speaking as a parent of girls.:o

Snookums
03-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Your daughter might react like a deer staring into high beams:eek:

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 08:10 AM
The other thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25469 was Rhonda's also.

Good luck Rhonda. I think she'll take it fine.

I wouldn't ask her to keep it secret, however, because that may be a burden she can't promise to keep. Just ask that she try not telling anyone, if you might be worried with her telling.