PDA

View Full Version : Four Day "Girly" Adventure

stephNE
04-29-2018, 10:03 AM
I had the opportunity to make this weekend a four day, girly adventure.

I started early on Thursday morning by getting my nails done. I did a number of usual things that day, like going to the post office, the bank, lunch out and shopping at a few of my favorite stores.
On Friday, I went to West Point, VA, and took a Historic Home Tour that was sponsored by the Garden Club of Virginia. We toured seven houses and a church, all Victorians that were built around 1900. I met and chatted with a number of people on the tour and had a great day!
291285 291286
On Saturday I had a few more errands to run, a little more shopping, and lunch out. I finished the day with a meeting and dinner with about 50 other trans ladies, a part of my DC Area Meetup group. It was the highlight of my weekend, with good company and great discussions!
291287 291288
It has been a wonderful weekend, but now it’s the fourth day and I’m preparing to change back. I think it’s important for us to be out and be seen. Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out. Good luck ladies, have fun!

Sherri_Christopher
04-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Thanks for sharing your 4 day "girly" adventure, Stephanie! I like visiting historical places, but I've never done so as my femme self. Hearing about your adventure gives others here, such as myself, who hasn't ventured out of the house en-femme in many years, the courage to do so!

kayegirl
04-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Looking forward to my 3 day girly adventure in a few weeks time, when my wife goes away for 3 nights. So that's 3 full days full en femme. I have booked an appointment for a makeover and makeup tutorial for the first day, then will be taking a trip to the historic city of York for the second day, and I plan to make a first for me by travelling on public transport.

Tina Davis
04-29-2018, 03:53 PM
I find I prefer the multiple days en femme, and I am happy to get that this week. Manicure, wig shopping, and maybe a makeover are all on the docket.

Julie Denier
04-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Looks like you had a great time! Nice pics ;)

Kandi Robbins
04-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out. Good luck ladies, have fun!

Thanks for sharing and preaching the gospel, we need to get out there!

Stephanie Julianna
04-29-2018, 05:52 PM
What a wonderful experience and you are truly a leader in our family here. You deserve all the enjoyment you derive from presenting as you wish. You are beautiful on so many levels. Thanks for your leadership.

BLUE ORCHID
04-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Hi Steph :hugs:, You look fantastic in all of your outfits,

It really sounds like you had an awesome four day weekend.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Beverley Sims
04-29-2018, 08:16 PM
You certainly look the part.

What a wonderful experience, and with a group too.

alwayshave
04-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Stephanie, lovely photos...

bridget thronton
04-30-2018, 01:23 AM
Thanks for sharing - you wear your outfits well

Rachelakld
05-02-2018, 02:57 AM
Totally agreeing with you on needing to be out and about as any woman would do.
When they see we are just normal people having normal life experiences, then they start treating us as normal people.
You look great BTW.

stephNE
05-02-2018, 07:00 AM
I can't believe what wonderful comments you ladies have left for me. Thank you!

Helen_Highwater
05-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Stephanie,

That sounds like a wonderful few days.

I think it’s important for us to be out and be seen. Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out.

I couldn't agree more. Every time we engage with people, show them we're just a normal person, polite, sane, nothing different to most other folks they meet, except for the way we present they couldn't tell us apart from Mr. Mrs. or Ms average. Keep up the excellent work.