PDA

View Full Version : A sign of greater acceptance

Alice B
04-29-2018, 12:47 PM
I have posted before that my wife accepts and tolerates my desire to dress. But she does not want to be involved and often will not look at me when dressed, or goes to a different part of the house. Recently we have both had events that were life threating. I think that as a result she views things differently. I say this because for the past two weeks I have almost constantly worn a bra and forms day and night. Often under realving tops. Taking them off only when we are going out to theater, etc. She has said nothing although it is very obvious.

Steph_CD_62
04-29-2018, 01:10 PM
My wife had a stroke 11 months ago and spent 8 weeks in the hospital. After she came home it appears to me that her attitude towards my dressing is becoming more accepting, not 100% but getting better. She has always been supportive, but wasn't thrilled by me dressing.

sometimes_miss
04-29-2018, 04:27 PM
I have posted before that my wife accepts and tolerates my desire to dress. But she does not want to be involved and often will not look at me when dressed, or goes to a different part of the house. Recently we have both had events that were life threating. I think that as a result she views things differently.
Sounds like she's trying hard to avoid thinking of you as female or feminine. She may feel that she has no choice, and so makes the best of the situation she's in. People that love their mate will often go to great lengths to make them happy even if in doing so, they make themselves miserable. By avoiding having to see it, she doesn't have to think about something she's not happy with.

Stephanie47
04-29-2018, 04:48 PM
I learned decades ago that shoving something in my wife's face that she did not sign up for and is against her personal beliefs is akin to spousal mental abuse. My cross dressing remains a private affair.

Leslie Langford
04-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Isn't it interesting how when our barely tolerant or otherwise unsupportive wives or SO's are faced with an unexpected and dramatically life-altering situation that affects either their health or ours...or even the prospect of imminent death...it puts things into their proper perspective and somehow our crossdressing doesn't seem as terrible anymore, slipping quite a few notches down in the hierarchy of potential marital "deal-breakers"?

Beverley Sims
04-29-2018, 08:10 PM
I wonder, as we get older do we grow accustomed to our spouse's appearance.

Sometimes Steffi
04-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Isn't it interesting how when our barely tolerant or otherwise unsupportive wives or SO's are faced with an unexpected and dramatically life-altering situation that affects either their health or ours...or even the prospect of imminent death...it puts things into their proper perspective and somehow our crossdressing doesn't seem as terrible anymore, slipping quite a few notches down in the hierarchy of potential marital "deal-breakers"?

Italics mine

I would say that "it puts things into a different perspective", not necessarily the proper perspective.

char GG
04-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Only communication with her will confirm whether or not she is more accepting. Otherwise, waving it in her face and she doesn’t respond may only mean that she is picking her battles or just doesn’t care any longer. Sounds like you should ask if her feelings are different than before.

Sarah Doepner
04-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Alice,

I'm glad that the threats didn't actually result in the loss of life, please be careful and take care of yourselves. I agree that while this may be a step toward more acceptance, the only way to verify will be through the actual discussion.

Sidney
04-30-2018, 09:57 AM
I totally agree. Only if you ask her will you truly know. I have had several medical issues that could have turned out really bad but fortunately didnt. Did it make me like at life different, oh ya.

Shely
04-30-2018, 09:59 AM
I hope we don't have any instances like those to improve our DADT situation, but i do see some improvements in the DADT. Every night after i bathe, i dress in my leggins and long night gown and we watch tv for a while. At first i was worried it would cause a problem, but as i do wear them in bed it seemed to be OK. I have raised the bar ever so slightly by wearing even sexier leggins and gowns and with no reaction. It is a slow and easy procession and i don't want to go backwards. Soon i will slip a bra under the gown i think.

Jaylyn
04-30-2018, 10:56 AM
I believe that any life threatening event puts things in the perspective that the small things we think are bad are just that. Small inconveniences in life. Your wife may think we'll it could be much worse especially if she was left alone in life without her partner. I know my wife already really doesn't sweats the smaller things that I do but she doesn't want me to do go over board with the dressing. We have went from it was fun for the both of us to you just do it to she really doesn't want to know about it. She also worries about if we are both killed in a car accident what will the kids think when they find my bigger things not in her smaller size?

jacques
04-30-2018, 04:17 PM
hello,
as we get older do we realise that time is running out and that we should not put off trying new experiences? Or is it that we start to lose our inhibitions? Or both?
And do we start to be grateful for what we have?
luv J

Alice B
04-30-2018, 07:01 PM
I think Leslie's response is the most accurate. I had a situation in which I should have died and no one could belive I did not. It had a profound effect on my wife, but not me. She had heart surgery that was not life threating, but caused a great deal of concern for her. Since then she had become far more accepting. I have worn my "boobs"to bed many times before and she is used to that and makes little if any comment. But keeping them on during the day and evening has always resulted in a comment or two. Not necessarly nasty, but a negative comment non the less. Now there are no negative comments and a positive response or two. And now she wants to cuddle in bed, often in the middle of the night and especailly in the morning. She never wanted to do this before when I was wearing my forms. She did not like being up against them. I have never tried to put my dressing in her face and often ask if she would mind if I dress. Yhese are the times I want to go out. Due to lots of reasons I have not fully dressed and gone out in months.Being able to wear a bra and my forms has lowered my stress considerable and my urges to fully dress. I can now leave my bra, with forms (pocket bras) on the counter with out her asking me to put them away unless the house keeper is coming. I am a much happier camper.