PDA

View Full Version : How often do you shave your legs and arms?

stephaniestilley
04-29-2018, 06:37 PM
I decided to shave my arms and legs today! I had shaved my arms before but it's the first time I've ever completely shaved my legs. Unfortunately my legs get really hairy so it took me over two hours, but I'm so glad I can start wearing shorter skirts and show off my legs! How often do you girls shave your legs? I want to be able to manage so I don't have to worry about wearing leggings to cover my leg hair anymore

TXSara
04-29-2018, 06:39 PM
I did it for the first time a few weeks ago. My wife doesn't like it, though, so I'm letting it grow back out. I think it would look better if I dropped my body fat percentage a bit -- I'll take it as a challenge... get fit so I can shave!

Linda E. Woodworth
04-29-2018, 06:39 PM
When I shaved my legs I'd do them twice a week. I usually did it on Monday's and Thursday's every week and that worked for me.

Last year I decided to go hairless and bought an epilator. I love it and haven't shaved since. For long term it's the way to go.

Good Luck!

Victoria_Winters
04-29-2018, 06:48 PM
I only shave like one every few months. I mostly dress in knees so I don’t need to shave legs. And I’m lazy.... I will shave if I really feel like it but I mostly don’t.

Taylor Dame
04-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Usually once or twice a week for me. I have light colored hair that grows slowly.

Steph_CD_62
04-29-2018, 07:41 PM
I never shave my arm hair because it is so light I don't need to.
And far as my legs, my wife shaved them one time for me and I kept them shaved for a couple weeks, but I didn't notice much difference besides the look and I really don't have dark hairy legs either. Since I don't go out in public wearing shorts, dresses or skirts I don't need to shave my legs anyway.

GracieRose
04-29-2018, 07:47 PM
I used to shave daily. I changed to an epilator and now epilate about twice a week. My skin feels much smoother with the epilator than it did with shaving.

Tracii G
04-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Every 3 months or so because I don't have much hair on my legs.

Beverley Sims
04-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Legs, never, arms I use depilatory cream once every two months at most.

Laurana
04-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Once a week. Nose to toes. I use a 5 blade razor and by day 7 barely any hair has grown in.

Jenn_8B
04-29-2018, 08:48 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time about 6 weeks ago. The first time took about 20 minutes. I'm moderately hairy so I was constantly cleaning the razor. Since then, I shave once a week. I'd like to do it twice a week but don't have time on weekday mornings.

I'll have to see how summer goes, if I keep them shaved or not. I've gone out in public a couple of times in shorts. The wife hasn't complained, so I'm probably ok to keep shaving.

Sometimes Steffi
04-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Actually, I don't, and I haven't. I can't display shaved arms and legs in front of my wife. It's a compromise that I make.

I do shave my pits and my upper chest when I'm wearing a low-cut or strapless dress.

Sami Brown
04-29-2018, 09:03 PM
I epilate about once a week. I have been doing this for several years, so the hair is really sparse now. It doesn't take much time each week for perfectly smooth legs.

Sami

alwayshave
04-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Epilate about once a week, legs arms, under arms and chest. The chest is a killer. I shave my legs before wearing hose.

Cassandra Lynn
04-29-2018, 09:06 PM
If you decide long term it's for you, and if you can handle the discomfort of an epilator, they truly are the way to go.

I'm currently a shaver (long story with me and the ripilator....ooops, I mean epilator), and I get by with deforestation about every 3 to 4 days.

Cass

Alice_2014_B
04-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Always shave me arms and legs before dressing up.
Will shave my legs before dressing for a Rocky Horror Show.
Granted, I can get away with hairy legs and fishnets (done it before and no one cares).
Aside from that, few times a year maybe.
Wife doesn't care for the shaving, but it all grows back, so no harm.
:)

Diane Smith
04-29-2018, 09:38 PM
I use an epilator, and try to keep up the habit of clearing arms, legs, chest and underarms once a week. In practice, I sometimes get lazy (or busy) and let it go for two weeks. My body hair is dark, but not very thick. These days, I don't grow much on my calves at all, but the rest doesn't seem to have slowed down to speak of.

- Diane

DIANEF
04-29-2018, 09:42 PM
I have very little body hair so a quick swipe of a razor once a week is enough.

Rachael Leigh
04-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Been shaving for 4 years now, about twice a week. Summer months I also once a week use a sugar, coconut oil exfoliant
on them and then shave again, really gives them a nice look and smooth. I do my arms and such maybe once a week
Nothing like nicely kept shaved legs

jennifer0918
04-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Only for special occasions

bridget thronton
04-30-2018, 01:19 AM
Just touch ups whenever I shower - not growing much new hair on either at arms or legs

kayegirl
04-30-2018, 02:26 AM
Once or twice a week in the shower, exfoliate first, run the razor across, exfoliate again, and don't forget the moisturising body lotion afterwards.

Raychel
04-30-2018, 04:58 AM
Only shave my legs, usually a couple of times a week does just fine.

Tamsin Secret
04-30-2018, 05:51 AM
Shaved completely for my last 'Tammy time' a month ago. Have kept my legs shaved since. I :<3: the feeling. Shave probably 2 x weekly.

Stephanie Julianna
04-30-2018, 06:57 AM
Lost all the hair on my legs in the '80's when I used Nair a few times for cycling. Lost all the hair on my arms chest and underarms 2 years ago post surgery Do I have to say that I am thrilled?

Alyssa Lane
04-30-2018, 07:27 AM
About twice a week for the past couple years. Debating on laser

texasm31
04-30-2018, 08:37 AM
My arm and leg hair is really thick and gross. I need to shave every day or at least every other. I'm trying an inhibitor cream to see if I can thin it out some. It's been about two weeks. I'll let everyone know if I think it helps any

Eryka1
04-30-2018, 08:41 AM
I'm lucky that I have minimal body hair and what I have is blonde. I do shave my thighs, groin area, chest and trim my calves and forearms very short. I just love how sexy it feels with everything all smooth! Oop's I forgot the most important part, I shave probably every two weeks or so depending on how smooth I want things.

Queen Bridget
04-30-2018, 09:09 AM
I find shaving quite a chore, so I only do it for special dressing sessions, when I want the full experience (About once a month).

krissy
04-30-2018, 09:18 AM
I am lucky as i have aged i dont have hair on my legs anymore.my wife cant stand it thinks im shaving so i tell her feel my leg any day you want and there is no hair regrowth.now she knows i dont shave love it nothing like smooth legs

CrossKimmy
04-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Not often enough hon. I love the feeling of shaved legs. I know the feeling of being a hairy mess when I let it grow but it's GOT to come off.

melyssadawn
04-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Arms , only did them once , wife wasn't overkeen and don't want to push her so I tend to wear long sleeves and just shave my hands , legs every time I have a bath ( not my daily shower ) so usually twice a week regardless of if I'm dressing or not .Happy with the compromise , but if I did shave my arms completely for a special event it'd probably be fine , just not permanently

Stephanie47
04-30-2018, 11:33 AM
I've never had to shave my legs. The back of my legs-calves and thighs- do not have hair follicles. The hair on the front of my shins is so fine and sparse it is not noticeable. I do have hair on my forearms which hides a lot of scars. When I do venture forth from my home I wear long sleeve dresses. Several years ago my adult daughter was sitting across from me and asked if I shaved my legs. I had to chuckle and asked her if that was the first time she noticed the absence of hair. I've never had hair on my legs. I also don't have hair at my arm pits. My wife says the lack of hair is wasted on a guy. She was not ribbing me as a cross dresser. That is how deep into DADT we are. One of the few positive things about her chemotherapy was loosing the hair on her legs and underarms. Now it has grown back to her dismay.

BillieS
04-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Every day, but I found it's not as much of a chore as I expected now that it's part of my routine. I just use soap in the shower, and shave my face the same way.

GemmaK
04-30-2018, 02:46 PM
I shave all over about every 7-10 days. That works for me - any less frequently and it become more time consuming.

Tina Davis
04-30-2018, 02:58 PM
I shave my legs every couple of weeks, I have very light hair and it doesn't grow fast on them. I only trim on my arms as the hair is fine on them too. The chest and pits are done when I get extended time for dressing (starting Wednesday this week!).

Teresa
04-30-2018, 03:20 PM
I'm like BillieS I find everyday isn't a chore , it's part of my routine , so I do my chest with shaving cream, everyday along with my hands and forearms, then I do my face and into the shower to do my legs with shower gel along with my nether regions. I admit my back is the biggest pain so it doesn't get done as much . It does feel good to feel so smooth everyday , I've been doing this now for a few years even if I dress or not , it takes me about twenty minutes every day no matter where I am even on holiday when I might not get the chance to dress for over a week .

Micki_Finn
04-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Visible leg stubble appears for me in about 24-36 hours so I basically have to shave as often as I’m presenting (which can vary wildly).

CONSUELO
04-30-2018, 03:50 PM
The best solution that I have found is to have my body waxed and in between I use an epilator that does a very good job of keeping re-growth in check. Then about every 3 or 4 months I go back and she takes care of all of the bits I have missed. Long ago I found that shaving just did not do the quality job I wanted.

I am very lucky in that I found a very pleasant and professional lady who has also become my unofficial therapist over the years. We talk constantly about each other's lives and the challenges and successes we are having.

AllieBellema
04-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Really have never shaved the arms. Legs, I usually cover them up with a pair of see through leggings that do a good job covering my leg hairs, but keeps the leg color. Most of the shaving I do on my body is on the chest, whenever I know I'll be wearing an off the shoulder gown at an upcoming event.

Kandi Robbins
04-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Every other day. Hate doing it, love having it done. Oh yeah, chest as well.

girlyman1977
04-30-2018, 05:57 PM
When I do shave its about 2-3 times a week in terms of my legs. Now I dont shave at all as it's summer time and I dont want to have to explain to anyone where all my hair went...

I would be lying if I were to say I dont miss my winter legs.

Chloe St Clair
04-30-2018, 06:41 PM
I don't have to do that anymore. I've had it all Lasered off. The only hair left on my body below my eyebrows is my arms which I use a Micro Trimmer to thin out about once a month. I leave just enough hair so that no one questions it.

Alice B
04-30-2018, 07:18 PM
Weekly, unless I get waxed

Xenia
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM
I gave up on the epilator for my legs years ago. Besides the pain, it took way too long to do both legs, and the results weren’t nearly as long-lasting as I’d heard (six weeks? Pshaw!). I’ve been getting them lasered for the past couple years, and at this point I don’t have to shave more than every couple weeks.

I shaved my arms once, and I’ll never do it again. The stubble looked and felt really funky. I used to epilate them, but now I just trim and bleach the hairs whenever I have a dressup session.

Sissy_Michelle
04-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Stephaniestilley,

Well, now it’s every Sunday I shave my armpits, chest, and legs. It was a gradual decision because I didn’t wish to seem too obvious at the gym. So I started using clippers, then my armpits, then my chest, then finally my legs. Took me about three months to get where I am now but no one said anything or looked at me funny.

If I try to shave more times a week I get razor bumps and in grown hairs. So I have been looking for someone to help me with waxing.

@—}——
Michelle

CoralReef
04-30-2018, 07:40 PM
every other day, sometimes 3 days. i shave everything but my head hair when i can.

Rollermiss
05-01-2018, 07:50 AM
I shave every couple days. I have little body hair as it is so don't have to shave often. For my arms I just keep it trimmed down.

Kelsey

Krisi
05-01-2018, 08:07 AM
I don't really "shave" my arms and legs but I use a men's groomer with a guide to trim the hair shorter. I spend a lot of time in shorts in warm weather so I'm not ready to go the "hairless" route unless I commit to keeping it shaved. I do shave my hands though.

I'm interested in the epilator. My wife bought one years ago and couldn't stand the pain. How painful is it? Does it really reduce hair regrowth or just remove it for "right now" like a razor does?

biancabellelover
05-01-2018, 08:26 AM
I had all my body hair removed by laser last year. But the laser doesn't get grey hairs, and sometimes new hair decides to grow.

So I use an epilator around once per week to tidy up.

I still wear shorts when it's hot, and most of my casual shirts (guy mode) have short sleeves. My work uniform has short sleeves. The only person to ever ask was one of my friends. She noticed my smooth legs in a yoga class (my wife is a yoga instructor). If I'm ever asked, I just tell people that I've removed all my body hair for hygene/cosmetic reasons. No one has questioned that further.

Michelle

Funny thing is, is that I now notice if a male has smooth legs, hands, arms, etc. I never used to.

Taylor186
05-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Legs: daily. Might be able to do it every other day but I don't like the 24 hour stubble feel even if it is not visible. I trim my arm hair but I don't shave it

DaisyLawrence
05-01-2018, 08:34 AM
I'm interested in the epilator. My wife bought one years ago and couldn't stand the pain. How painful is it? Does it really reduce hair regrowth or just remove it for "right now" like a razor does?

The worst pain is the first time. It can be bad. If done again a s soon as the hairs re-emerge then the pain is considerably less and lessens more with time. Regrowth is definately reduced and carries on falling with regular use. The initial sessions will usually lead to red spots around hair follicles that will sting and redden in the shower or bath. This also stops after a few sessions. After a while the pain is not an issue but it is time consuming so takes perseverance.

biancabellelover
05-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Hi Krisi,

Epilator pain: Just imagine several of your hairs being plucked at the same time, over and over, and over some of your more sensitive skin. It is painful, but you do get used to it.

You can reduce the pain (somewhat) by stretching the skin you're about to epilate, but the first few times it's a bit intense. The BEST WAY to do the first few times is to get your partner to do it. Personally, I've always found it easier to endure pain that someone else is giving me, rather than inflicting it on myself. (NOT that I'm into that kind of thing, LOL, I'm speaking about things like lancing boils, cutting ingrown toe nails, etc.)

After doing it a few times, epilating is just a bit of passing discomfort.

As for regrowth, it is slower than a razor, as you're pulling the hair out from the root as opposed to slicing it off at skin level. The regrowth appears less for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the hair has to grow again from scratch, meaning that the first bit that appears is the tip of the hair instead of the full-thickness shaft that re-appears after shaving. Secondly, the hairs once plucked regrow at different rates, meaning that not all the plucked hairs reappear at the same time, unlike shaving regrowth.

In theory, regrowth should also take longer, and the hair should grow back less over time because when the hair is plucked it damages the follicle, and repeated plucking damages the follicle further, meaning that eventually the re-grown hair is really thin and eventually doesn't grow at all. In practice, that's probably marketing hype. I've not noticed it. Nor have any GG's I've known who get their legs and other bits waxed regularly. They're still doing it years later.

The last advantage is that you get less ingrown hairs.

Michelle.

Ceera
05-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Face, once to twice daily.
Torso, from neck to groin, every two to three days.
Arms, legs and groin, roughly once a week.

Depends a lot on what I am doing, however. I'll shave my arms and legs more frequently if I am going out en-femme and they will show a lot, and I always shave my face and torso before going out en-femme.

I stay shaved all the time - removing all hair below my nose and hairline - and it really bothers me now to have itchy stubble. Sometimes I can't even sleep if I can feel stubble on my arms or legs, and I have to go shower and shave them before I can go to bed. So as soon as my legs and arms feel at all rough, I shave them again.

Kate Simmons
05-02-2018, 07:47 AM
I shave mine 2-3 times per week for maintenance. Otherwise, I look like a pretty hairy ape as Rich. :):battingeyelashes:

Krisi
05-02-2018, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the epilator information. It will help.

Laura28
05-02-2018, 08:53 AM
I have epilator my chest and stomach for over a year. Today no hair grows in my chest anymore. I have shaved or epilator it for a month now not a single hair. My stomach still has some but very light. I shave my legs and underarms daily as I really enjoy it.

Diane Taylor
05-02-2018, 09:17 AM
I guess the best answer is....whenever it's necessary depending on how hairy you are. For me it's every second or third day. Ditto for my chest.

Asew
05-02-2018, 10:09 AM
I have never shaved my legs or arms and don't have a desire too. But I don't mind being a man in a dress (I am who I am and like what I like). My wife's friend the other day said me wearing a skirt was fine with her but she couldn't get over my hairy legs with the skirt.

paulaprimo
05-02-2018, 10:58 AM
once or twice a week for me. i'm lucky that my body hair is very fine and light
in color, so it's not noticeable at all. my problem is that i'm very anal about
stubble... :)

docrobbysherry
05-02-2018, 12:22 PM
I'm 75. And, I can honestly say in all that time I've NEVER even considered shaving anything other than my face!:straightface:

VS Fan
05-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Used to shave every other week .... but since I started getting my abdomen, chest and legs waxed like 6 months ago... i haven't shaved since (except underarms, which i still do weekly).... to be honest, there's something about laying mostly naked on a table with a gorgeous blonde woman dripping hot wax on me and then ripping all the hair off of me that I just love :)... and right afterwards the same esthetician gives me a hot foot soak, then a facial with gentle massage on arms and legs... it's PURE HEAVEN for those two hours and change....

Lana Mae
05-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Seldom but about due! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Sandra_Dodds
05-03-2018, 07:25 AM
Having been shaving my legs about every 7-10 days for a couple of years now and would love to do my arms but don't think that would be tolerated.

DaisyLawrence
05-03-2018, 07:32 AM
As soon as I see a hair. Eeeeew.

abby054
05-04-2018, 03:24 AM
Once or twice a week, depending on how fast it grows.

Rebecca60
05-05-2018, 07:13 PM
I shave my legs like every 2 months. I'm not dressed all the time. I'm almost naturally smooth

Tracy Irving
05-05-2018, 08:00 PM
As for shaving my legs AND arms the answer is never, as I have never shaved my arms. I have and do shave my legs from time to time. It doesn't take long because most of the hair below the knee cap is gone.

Cheryllynn
05-06-2018, 12:33 AM
I've been doing the legs, armpits, and privates once every 7-10 days, while I'd love to keep the smooth feeling longer my skin just won't tolerate more frequent shaving. My hair is dark and thick if I let it go too long...if I happen to go two weeks or longer between shaving I have to use a trimmer on it before the razor or it is like mowing the lawn with a scissors. As for the arms, I just leave them alone and deal with it...I try to wear long-sleeved tops or dresses when possible, although because I don't go out in public yet it isn't a big deal to me.
When I started on the legs I was using women's shaving gel; my wife suggested I use some of the creamy bath soaps she has been using. Once I tried that, the shaves got better and I even had less irritation afterwards.
Chest area- I keep that trimmed down low but don't shave it, I have some irritation issues on the skin there. Trimming helps keep that in check.

Jenn A116
05-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Legs every 4-5 days, depending on growth. I live in FL and am pretty much always in shorts when in boy mode. Nobody has ever said anything. I just find that after 4-5 days of growth they look terrible, possibly drawing attention.

Underarms? Only when they get really long - say a month? I don't wear styles in either mode that show off my underarms.

Chest area every 4-5 days. Sometimes more frequently if I'm going to be wearing low cut tops in girl mode or using my self-adhesive BF's.

Angela.Moni
05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Never actually shaved my arms (only armpits.). I have very light hair on my arms and it is hardly visible at all. I shave my legs about 3 times a week. I like them to be as smooth as possible and really don't like that fuzz at early stages. I use wax and/or sugaring on my butt and privates to avoid red bumps from ingrowns, so I do that less often, about twice per month I would say as it stays baby smooth for longer.