PDA

View Full Version : Today I went out as a "sharp dressed man"!

Cathy Anderson
03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Today I thought it would be an interesting experiment to go shopping—as a guy! I mean, to have the same kind of shopping experience girls have, but in guy mode. No agenda. Just shopping for pure recreation.

So first I put on a really sporty, Spring outfit. White cotton slacks. A coral colored polo shirt. Shades. Plus my Panama hat!

I went to the local marina, which is pretty upscale. In general tried to comport myself like a gentleman millionaire. Kind of the Roger Moore thing :)

I went into a Hugo Boss (a "designer label") store and looked at male clothes too expensive to actually buy. But I tried them on anyway. There was one really nice beige, linen sports jacket (400 euro!). It felt great, and the drape of the high-quality fabric looked nice. I asked the saleswoman about matching slacks, shirts, etc.

I also went to an nice restaurant where I just asked to see the menu. After acting suitably impressed, I asked the waiter to show me where the best table was (it wasn't busy at the time), for future reference. At first I was hesitant, but he thought it a quite ordinary thing.

In general, I asked myself, "How would I act if I were a millionaire?" And then I just acted that way. I wasn't puffed up about it.

And that was pretty much how I spent the afternoon.

It was great! I think it was really helpful to see that I could have this kind of experience dressed as a guy. In fact, I think it was much better, because I was totally free of any concern of guilt, offending anyone, being criticized, etc.

Cathy

DeeDee420
03-16-2006, 02:37 PM
I love Hugo Boss clothes.

Julie Avery
03-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Cathy, you really ought to put up a photo of this getup. The panama hat, ahhh ha ha, what a touch.

My head is spinning pondering this, a genetically male crossdresser crossdressing as a man.....

Jennaie
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Interesting post. I have not dressed to the nines in male mode in many years. I suppose I just got tired of it. I don't really concern myself too much with how I look in male mode. Yes, I can handle myself in any situation that requiires my dressing up and knowing etiquette and manners. I don't really know what caused me to lose interest in it. Perhaps it's my age, perhaps it's that I am not nearly as attractive as a male as I was twenty years ago.

KathrynW
03-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I love Hugo Boss clothes.
Not a Wal-Mart brand, is it? ;)

Cathy Anderson
03-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Perhaps it's my age, perhaps it's that I am not nearly as attractive as a male as I was twenty years ago.
Given what you've said about your athletic interests, I'd imagine you'd cut a dashing figure :)

And a touch of gray only adds respectability.

Cathy

FROCKYHORROR
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Good on you Cathy, Nuturing your male side i mean why should "she" get all the attention all the time ..