PDA

View Full Version : First time going out in public

Leeza
04-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Last night I went out in public for the first time and I think my heart is still racing 😀. I am traveling for work so I decided to gather up my courage and go out to a bar. I put on my black skirt, red top, black stockings and red heels. Put on my makeup and styled my wig and off I went. I am not passable so that made this even more scary for me. I arrived at the bar and of course my luck no parking close to the building so I had to park a little ways away. I sat in my car contiplating driving back to my hotel or go in because there were so many people walking down the sidewalk. I took a deep breathe and started walking to the door. When I arrived the doorman greeted me as if I really was a women. That broke the ice and made me feel more relaxed. When I got inside I was amazed how well I was welcomed. No snickers or strange stares just smiles and hellos. The bartender BK was the best. He would take time to talk to me and was absolutely charming. I ended up having a great time. I will probably go back tonight. Just wanted to share my first time with you 😘

Hugs,
Leeza

TXSara
04-30-2018, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you had a good experience! I have only gone out twice, and both times were in the middle of the day to a mall. Both of my experiences were positive, but I haven't gotten up the courage to go out at night yet! Have fun tonight if you go back!

Sara

Frannie7
04-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Leeza, I am gald you had a good time and a positive experience. As i said in a thread below, I recently went out for only the second time. I had a support person with me so you are brave to do it all alone. Kudos. As in your case, there were no adverse reactions. I know the servers in the restaurant knew I was a guy. Today I went intoa store and bought a wig. Again, the SA was great.

Becky Blue
04-30-2018, 09:58 PM
You Go Girl!!! Well done and thanks for sharing your adventure, now we just need a pic seeing as lots of people saw you out!!

Rachelakld
05-01-2018, 02:11 AM
It's different world than when I first went out.
Well done

DaisyLawrence
05-01-2018, 03:03 AM
Tickety-boo.

Helen_Highwater
05-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Leeza,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm sure many of us will have experienced those moments sat in the car summoning up the courage to open the doorand step out. I think that's sometimes one of the biggest hurdles we face.

Enjoy your time away.

Beverley Sims
05-01-2018, 06:17 AM
Good to have a goodtime first outing, may you have many more of the same.

alwayshave
05-01-2018, 06:25 AM
Leeza, Congratulations. I'm glad it was a positive occasion.

BrendaPDX
05-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Congratulations, I am so happy for you and that you had the courage to step out of the car and into the bar. Good for you!!!

Jaylyn
05-01-2018, 11:47 AM
I can only imagine what a rush it would be to go out like you did. I'm glad that your first experience was a positive one.

Tamsin Secret
05-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Leeza, congrats on your first time and that it was a positive one. Sounds like quite an outfit for a first time out, your braver than me! Either way, if you go back I hope it's as much fun this time round :-)

Teresa
05-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Leeza,
There you go , most of the negative thoughts were in your head ! So when do you come off that cloud and go again , just take care and keep safe and enjoy it .

Tracii G
05-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Good for you Leeza well done.

JeanTG
05-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Congratulations, yesterday was my first time out as well, and I loved every minute of it.

Leeza
05-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Teresa, thanks I just have that fear of people laughing at me for dressing up. So the reactions I got made me feel more confident. Not so much to go shopping dressed but a safe bar confident. 😀

- - - Updated - - -

JeanTG congratulations on your first time out. Were very nervous? I was petrified.

Sandra_Dodds
05-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Well done Leeza. I've been out under the cover of darkness before and in the car but have yet to venture out during the day. Glad it was such a positive experience for you.

Helen_Highwater
05-02-2018, 04:18 AM
Leeza,

It's a misconception that bars are necessarily safer places to go than shopping malls. Yes Gay bars will tend to be problem free areas but if you read the threads here, mingling with the muggles in a busy shopping environment is perhaps the safest place of all.

We've all, me included, started off by thinking darkness was our friend and it would help keep us hidden. Most crime, assults, drkunked behaviour takes place after dark.

I like so many others here have learned that it's safer in broad daylight. I now feel far more wary when out in the evenings than during the day. Sure you can get away with being a little more "dressy" at night, daytime you need to dress to blend.

SA's are the daytime equivalents of bar tenders. Most will engage in conversation just as they would with a GG. As Teresa commented, most of what we fear is in our heads. If you decide to go out in the day I'm sure you'll feel the same apprehension as this time. The same things will happen and nerves will soon calm.

You need to do it of course when you're ready to. Just don't keep putting it off or you'll miss out on even more of the highs you feel from this adventure.

IleneD
05-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Leeza,

Love your story, girl.
OH!!!!.... don't we all (or most of us) know that feeling well. It's like the first time off the high dive. I loved the passage about sitting in the car contemplating that bold walk from the car to the bar. I'm watching a movie of it now in my head.
The only thing that would make this better would be PHOTOS. Next time, because you know there will be a next time. Because you love it, is why there will be a next time. Lord help me, I love it so too.
Congratulations for taking that first beautiful step across a strange land. With all my heart.

BillieS
05-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Congratulations! That is great to read. Let us know now about your next time!!

Leeza
05-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Went out again last night to a bar called Woody's in Dallas. I had an even better time than before. I walked in and stood at the end of the bar waiting for my drink when a guy named Chad started talking to me. He was so fascinated about my lifestyle that we ended up talking until 2 AM when the bar closed. He was confused on dressing up like a woman and not being gay. I set the record straight (no pun).😁 Chad was like my therapist, it was quite refreshing to be able to talk to someone without them judging. He was such a sweetheart. The bartender was really nice as well he gave me my drinks for free since they were non-aalcoholic as as I made sure Chad made it home safely since he did have a little too much to drink. I made sure he got in his Lyft. I do have to say the highlight of the evening was when I did get hit on. I politely told him I wasn't gay and he was very cordial about it. Was flattering though ☺.

- - - Updated - - -

IleneD I totally spaced it last night on the photo. We were talking and lost track of time. I am here for two more nights. If I go back I will get photos, I promise. 😀