PDA

View Full Version : Things keep getting better!

KelleyB
05-02-2018, 10:54 AM
We restructured the master bedroom's closet, yesterday, as half of the rather large space was wasted.

My wife then went to moving things around, and this morning, she gave me lessons as to how to hang dresses and why. She also tried on two skirts I shared with her, and she loves both of them. She was taken aback by one of the designers...apparently, they're fairly high-end. Hey, I have good taste!

:D

Even found tops which work nicely, too.

After her confrontational behavior of a few months ago, I never, ever, expected something like this to happen.

She even took some hangars of her own and put my blouses on them so they'd hang better.

I'm borderline giddy!

Adding to this, I scored three never worn dresses last week, all for less than $20, total. One is even a Michaelangelo bridesmaid/mother of the bride dress which, being a 22, I didn't think would fit, but it's positively perfect. I now have a place to hang them properly!

She did mention she wanted any skirts which no longer fit me, but that I shouldn't buy her any. Well, it depends on what I come across, but this works out nicely. I have a place to 'store' clothes until I lose weight...again.

I will gently encourage her to wear her new outfits, but I think she's trying to be more 'girly' than she has been the past several years.

Alice B
05-02-2018, 11:13 AM
That is quite a turn a round. Excellent. I also share a large closet with my wife, but she does not give me lessons on how to hang clothing

carhill2mn
05-02-2018, 11:27 AM
It is great to read about people experiencing happy times. Now that your wife has made such a big change you need to be sure that she gets the attention that she needs. It would be good if you did not push things too hard; go slowly. Enjoy!

KelleyB
05-02-2018, 12:59 PM
This is a huge change of attitude compared to just a few months ago.

I think she merely needed some time to digest what was happening.

Attention...oh, she's getting enough so that I'm waiting for her to say, "what happened to you?" ;-) She wasn't neglected, before, but she's definitely getting more attention.

And, yes, I learned my lesson with moving too quickly. I thought "months" was an appropriate time frame, but it's more like years, which is just fine.

Alice B, I was taken aback by her closet lessons. She also mentioned we needed more hangars which are appropriate for my dresses and the like.

Last night, in fact, she was saying how I look good in dresses which are a 'gem' color, and how she misses the one dress which I caught on a doorknob and tore, badly. I, too, really liked that dress, though a sweetheart neckline would have made it close to perfect. That, and a little more train. It had a sweep train, but I'm shooting for a court train, next.

While I'd love to have a dress with a chapel train, there are practicalities to consider.

Jaylyn
05-02-2018, 02:14 PM
You are a truly lucky girl to have a wife like this. Go above and beyond and be sure to include her in buying new things. They seem to enjoy helping shop. At least mine did for a good while.

Beverley Sims
05-02-2018, 02:19 PM
As we grow older so our attitudes do change, it is nice when it is for the better.

Shely
05-02-2018, 02:38 PM
OMG I am so jealous and that's a female thing to be sure. But I am!!