PDA

View Full Version : Drivers License Mistake

Tabitha_Lynn
05-02-2018, 12:48 PM
A funny thing happened to me recently at the local DMV when renewing my drivers license. Background is that had to get a correction made on my license. When the clerk made the required change, they somehow also changed the sex to "F" on my license. I didnt notice this change until later at home.

If this had been 25 years or so ago, I would have been happy. Most TG girls would die to have this mistake made. However, I am not in the position to go full time; so, another trip to the DMV was in order to get another correction.

I wonder how often this happens? And, what are the odds that it would happen to a CD or TG girl.

Devi SM
05-02-2018, 01:39 PM
If that happens to me I wouldn't fix it. I'm part timer yet so if a police stop me would be great. If I in male mode I would pretend I didn't notice. I don't think it's a fault...

leannejacobs
05-02-2018, 01:59 PM
In the uk any inaccuracies on the licence would make it void and you'd be charged, it's our responsibility to ensure all the information is correct.

Jaylyn
05-02-2018, 02:07 PM
I really kind of agree with Vannessa, most places that you have to present a DL is in identification purposes and then only your number is what they want. Also if your friend or someone that knows you as a male and you had present your licsense and they noticed you could laugh and say yeah they messed it up when you first got your DL and laugh. It would also be handy if you were stopped speeding and you were dressed then there'd be no questions asked unless you were in male mode, and even then they'd probably tell you to get it changed.

Beverley Sims
05-02-2018, 02:16 PM
All that happened to me was after sitting for a heavy vehicle and bus licence I was given a licence to ride a motor bike.

A licence I did not have.

I had to go and get it changed and eventually sit for the bike licence as well.

Tracy Irving
05-02-2018, 04:40 PM
I wish they got my weight wrong. Then, probably my age. Anything beyond that, I would need to check.

carhill2mn
05-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Many years ago I had the same thing happen to me. I did not notice it for quite some time I happened to notice it one time when I was using my license as an ID. I did have it changed so as to avoid any problems in the future.

BLUE ORCHID
05-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Hi Tabatha :hugs:, Last year when I renewed my license everything looked perfect, Even my 1" HOOP EARRINGS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Stephanie Julianna
05-03-2018, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't fix it until someone pointed it out.

Brenda456
05-03-2018, 09:52 PM
I’d get it fixed. If you use the license as ID to get on an airplane, it could be trouble.

Becky Blue
05-03-2018, 11:00 PM
An airline frequent flyer program somehow had me listed in their database as Ms not Mr and clearly sold that database to many other companies, back in the day of actually getting post. I would quite regularly get letters addressed to Ms xxxxx xxxxx. Given my male name is gender neutral there was no way anyone would have spotted and corrected it, I always found it amusing.

paulaprimo
05-04-2018, 11:38 AM
i just renewed mine and they didn't make a mistake... :(

SaraLin
05-05-2018, 06:03 AM
IF I were lucky enough for that to happen to me, I think I'd keep it. If someone pointed out the the 'error', I'd just say 'huh - how about that?