PDA

View Full Version : I spotted someone!

Victoria_Winters
05-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Hey all! I took a trip up to Winnipeg CA today and went shoe shopping for my kid. While I was at the shoe store I saw a CD trying on shoes fully dressed! I wanted to saw something but I had no idea what to say plus my wife was with me...

Samm
05-05-2018, 11:24 AM
It's probably best you didn't say anything. Maybe a simple compliment at most.

Tracy Irving
05-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Well played.

Jenn A116
05-05-2018, 12:00 PM
How about "those look good!"?

MichelleCD
05-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Oh I would've had to say something. Something nice, of course. But definitely said something. Something like, "I have those shoes, and they're nice. Look me up at the forum on crossdresser.com. " And give her your screen name.

Ya gotta take those easy chances in life.

docrobbysherry
05-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Oh! I thot u were going to say, Kaitlyn, Sigourney, or Charlize!:straightface:

Marie-Jo
05-05-2018, 12:55 PM
There are a number of threads here on this theme " I did see a CD but did not say but wanted to" and the general advice is "don' t".
Would you yourself like to be approached in that situation?
Myself, I would rather not. It would be a disturbance and could make me a focal point that I try to avoid.

MichelleCD
05-05-2018, 01:06 PM
There are a number of threads here on this theme " I did see a CD but did not say but wanted to" and the general advice is "don' t".
Would you yourself like to be approached in that situation?
Myself, I would rather not. It would be a disturbance and could make me a focal point that I try to avoid.

I wouldn't want to be approached by someone who was going to beat the crap out of me, or rape me. (well, maybe the rape thing) But seriously, if another CD came over to say hi and chat, you bet I would. That would be awesome.

I seen a CD in a dollar store a few years back. And was going to say something to her. But, the women in line were all chatting with her. Complimenting her on her clothes, make up and and shoes. And let me tell ya, she was eating it up. Smiles from ear to ear.

Teresa
05-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Victoria,
If it were me you spotted I would have no problems with you making conversation , next time try and give it a shot . Why does it have to be a big issue ?

Victoria_Winters
05-05-2018, 01:22 PM
I’m just too much of a coward. Plus my wife don’t know yet...

kimdl93
05-05-2018, 01:53 PM
its always exciting to spot CD in the wild. They are inherently wary and secretive creatures. Consider the fact that at least two were at that shoe store, and casual observers may not have observed either one!

Jaylyn
05-05-2018, 01:59 PM
If your doesn't know then I can see why you would not say anything. I might nod and give them a thumbs up on the shoes they were trying on but unless they wanted to talk I would probably nod and be on my way.

Samm
05-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Ok, I've thought about this... if I'm out and about dressed, and I was approached by another cd (also deessed) I'd be fine with that.
Some dude complimenting me on my shoes or outfit? Probably not so much.
The initial shock of someone approaching me while dressed would make me want to hightail it outta there. But that hasn't happened yet, I've only been out twice.

Princess Chantal
05-05-2018, 04:49 PM
There are a plenty of us that wander around the ‘Peg! I am more surprised to hear of Americans coming up here to do shoe shopping, usually it is hoards of us Peggers going down south to Grand Forks or Fargo to do shopping!

kimdl93
05-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Princess, it’s kinda an exchange program. For someone in ND....I grew up between GF and FGO, The Peg seems like a truly wonderful and exotic place. Even the Red River seems transformed once it crosses the border!

Queen Bridget
05-05-2018, 04:56 PM
You could have given them the secret crossdresser handshake.

If there was one.

Leslie Langford
05-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Princess, it’s kinda an exchange program. For someone in ND....I grew up between GF and FGO, The Peg seems like a truly wonderful and exotic place. Even the Red River seems transformed once it crosses the border!

Yes, the operative word here is "exchange"...and in more ways than one.

With the Canadian Dollar consistently hovering around $0.77 U.S. these days, you Yanks get an instant discount of around 30% on EVERYTHING you buy as soon as you cross the border into the Great White North...and that's before factoring in any additional discounts on whatever happens to be on sale at any given time.

It wasn't too long ago that our respective currencies were at par (and at certain times, the Canadian Dollar was even worth a few cents more than its U.S. counterpart), but that was back in the days of 100$/barrel crude oil (and expected to ultimately reach $200/ barrel, although that never happened). Instead, the price of oil cratered in the aftermath of the Great Recession, taking our "Loonie" with it, and that's where it has stayed ever since.

We Canucks can only weep...and no more Paula Young wigs for this gal. Now it's $U.S. for us + duties + taxes + exorbitant shipping costs + + +... forgedabouddit!

Rachelakld
05-06-2018, 01:48 AM
Please, Please, Please say "Hi" if you see me
Maybe chat about clothing etc, I accept compliments easily, get a few from strangers anyway and gets us into a easy conversation.

Sorry, wasn't in Winnipeg today.

Beverley Sims
05-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Rachel,

Next time I am in AKL. I will look out for you.

I often do the hike across the North Island just to say I did it. :-)

Victoria_Winters
05-06-2018, 02:58 AM
Well, As grand as Grand Forks is, Winnipeg has actual options to shop at... plus lego and Disney stores! There was a Betty Psige store at one point. Loved the clothes there! I almost got stuff for me there Ssssssoooooooooo many times.... darn SO is always there with me.... can’t go shopping for myself...

I’m going to take a day of vacation time with out telling her do I can go play in the Peg and do some me time! Lol. Would tots love to have a girls day out.

No but seriously, I love GF but there is squat to do here if you lived in this place for 6 or more years.. we do t even have a zoo... I love the Peg and we go often. But it seems like we are the only Americans crossing the border. Plus with as small as GF is, a CD stands out and that’s one thing I’m trying not to do most of the time.

Leslie, if you ask, I could deliver stuff up to Canada! The joy of being an a few hours away from Winnipeg.

mbmeen12
05-06-2018, 03:25 AM
lol its like a base ball game after hitting a home run or scoring a touch down. Act if you've been there done that i.e. aint no big thing....

Maria 60
05-06-2018, 05:58 AM
We were in a small town going to sit by the water and enjoy a beautiful day, this small town is known for its clothing stores. As we were walking towards the town two CDers were walking towards us, my wife automatically made a comment that my friends were coming towards me. When I seen them I had mixed emotions, my first instinct was to jump at them and tell them they look great and how lucky the are to have the courage and I'm just like them. But then in the other hand I didn't know and I wanted to get a good look and see how they were put together but I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable so I just didn't look and didn't say anything and believe it was probably the best thing.

Sarah Doepner
05-06-2018, 11:36 AM
My view on this has changed considerably and probably more than once. Basically it's a situational decision, but I generally suggest caution in approaching a stranger. When I first went out in public I would have been mortified if anyone had approached me with the understanding I was cross dressed. Once I got more comfortable I would have welcomed the contact, but there is no way a stranger would know my mental state at the time. Given I can't see what is going on in that persons mind or how highly strung they may be over the possibility of being read in public by an unknown man, I believe I would my words to myself. That's my position for now but I may be more inclined in the future to compliment them, I've started cautiously complimenting women from time to time and so far it's been well received.

These days I don't fool myself into thinking I can wander in the public square and be seen by all as just another woman. It doesn't take much observation to see I'm transgender at some level, hopefully my look has gotten to that level. So now I think if I'm out, dressed and approached by another trans person with a compliment and a smile, I'm in. If I'm approached by a male-female couple I might be a little startled but would be open to that as well. If it's in a store or mall or even on the street where other people are present I might even welcome a compliment from a single male, maybe. It hasn't happened so I can't tell you for sure how I would respond.

Rachelakld
05-07-2018, 03:31 AM
My daughter had a nice chat to one yesterday for about 20 minute - it was her Uber driver

Princess Chantal
05-07-2018, 05:36 AM
Good morning Victoria,
Next time you head to the ‘Peg give me a shout and we could chat over coffee. Then you not only would spot a cd but would talk to one (or even more)!

deebra
05-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Ditto for me on what Michelle said. I would also set beside her and try on a pair of women's shoes. A friendship might start.