PDA

View Full Version : There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. --Maya Angelou

GracieRose
05-05-2018, 09:46 PM
I ran across this quote this evening, and though about the untold story that many of us carry, especially those of us that are closeted, in a DADT relationship, etc.
A recent thread asked if anyone else had an uncontrollable urge to just go out in public despite possible consequences (real or imagined). Could this be an urge to share our stories?
This forum, to me, is an opportunity to be heard, to tell our stories to sympathetic souls, and listen to the stories of others.
Thank you all for being here, and listening, and sharing.
-Gracie

IleneD
05-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Gracie.......

Tell me about it.
The 3 yr anniversary of me coming out to my wife; my first ever public profession and confession, will descend upon me like a pack of hungry wolves. I recall it vividly.
I sobbed like a baby; not from the pain or the shame or guilt; because of the liberation and release from 6 decades of hiding and denying it.

I kind of get the same sense of confidence and relief; a sense of renewed honesty, as I've come out to a few others (mostly family members). It has always proven to be a positive experience. I know that may not always hold true but as I creep out of my own shadows and slowly live out my transgendered life, I have hope it will all be good.

Tracii G
05-05-2018, 11:06 PM
I hope I never have to tell or have my kids find out about some things I have done.
Being trans or CDing is not one of them and I don't care if they find out and if they know but don't want to say anything I am OK with that.

docrobbysherry
05-05-2018, 11:54 PM
I have both stories and secrets inside. I've discovered u have to be very careful not to get them mixed up!:brolleyes:

Beverley Sims
05-06-2018, 02:38 AM
Grace,

I am glad this is good therapy for you, and many others including myself.

kimdl93
05-06-2018, 11:26 AM
No doubt about it, particularly if you're keeping a secret from a loved one.

Amelie
05-06-2018, 11:43 AM
I have many stories. But the nature of this forum no one would believe them.

Teresa
05-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Gracie,
I have to agree with Ilene , I have never cried so much before or since when I came out to my wife twenty years ago , it felt like a millstone lifted off my shoulders after so many years of wondering why I had the gut feeling , a deep need not knowing what it really meant .

I feel I've come far enough ( but still don't know all the answers !) to stick around and pass my experiences on to others. Many of us have been through or are still experiencing how much CDing issues can tear a person apart . I'm sorry to say that is why at one time I was upset about some members calling it a hobby , to some of us hobbies don't destroy your life to the extent CDing can , I have accepted it more now but urge members not to expect everyone treats it as a hobby .

sometimes_miss
05-08-2018, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=GracieRose;4238112]Could this be an urge to share our stories?
/QUOTE]
Pretty much everyone wants to be loved and respected for who we really are. So that includes telling others. We fear telling, because in our hearts, we know that most of society will reject us if we push the issue. Sure, most will publicly ignore us, but don't marry into their family, don't move next door, and don't dare befriend them lest other think that they TOO, might be a crossdresser.
NIMBY hold very true for how the majority of the population feels about us; we have to be very, very careful about who we tell.

marshalynn
05-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Gracie Rose, I will be 75 in July, I have a life long list of untold stories. About 4 years ago I finally told my family about being mtf transgendered, the best and hardest thing I have ever done. When I told my mother, she said , why didn't you tell me sooner, so I could have helped you. There were a few problems along the way after I came out, but most have worked out now. I, now dress 99.9 % of the time female and love my life just being me. I go out all the time ever day as me (Marshalynn), it is funny now how I don't worry about how other people think about me. I live how I want now and don't care about others, it is funny after a while you forget about the clothes you have on, they are just clothes, so far not one problem being out. I love my long nails and polish, use to take the polish off when I would go out (several years ago), I wear polish 27/7 now and have only had one person ask me why I had it on, I told him I liked it and that was that, have had lots of woman tell me how pretty they are, most say they wish theirs were as good. I remember at six years old wearing my mother high heels and a lot of other things of hers as I grew up. I did all the normal thing we do, borrow clothes from girl friends, mother of girl friends and neighbors until I bought my own. Over my life so far, I have thrown more that 10 thousand dollars of clothes and shoes away like ever one of you. This is a very big NO NO, do not do this again. Put your clothes up some place, so you can get them back, because no matter how much blood you swear in, this is the last time dressing. WRONG, it is in your brain, it will never go away!!!! When, GOD made me he thought this was best for me, so I will live my life the best I can as a transgendered woman. When you were born and you had a choice to be trans or not what would you choice, I have only lived the trans life, so who is to say witch one is best, I don't know. I love my self and all my special sisters out here. Marshalynn

Judy-Somthing
05-09-2018, 08:18 PM
It's amazing how many people have secret parts of who they are!
People who know me would think, he likes to play guitar, work on cars, houses, sing, and get drunk sometimes but they most likely never know I like CDing!

Teresa
05-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Gracie,
That's why I love the forum , we can relate to like minded people .

I do wonder how boring my life might be without my CDing experiences , not that I do it for that reason but some the things that have happened are too good to miss . There is a fun and enjoyable side to it , OK most of it since I stepped out the door but some of my shopping stories go back to the hidden days in drab . At times we needed to be caught if we were to come to terms with it and move on, as long as no one suffered too much in the process .