PDA

View Full Version : Why MUST I now go out?

Jenny22
05-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Diva Las Vegas was the most fantastic Femme experience a girl could have. I was fully en femme 24/7 among the normals. I promised on the forum that I'd do it in my area sometime in the week following, but life factors got in the way. But, I'm ready now, I believe.
I've thought a lot about this urge to go out. Its become an almost over powering MUST, and the question that's so strongly in my mind is WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?
Ladies, please help me understand this compulsion.

Shelly Preston
05-06-2018, 12:46 PM
All i can say Jenny is I think we have to evolve.

Diva Las Vegas was just the trigger to start the process of getting out.

Aunt Kelly
05-06-2018, 01:16 PM
I can only speak for myself, though I will note that many others have expressed similar feelings...
As I mentioned in another thread recently, for me, it's a need. Yes, it comes and goes, but when it's here, there is no peace until I can express my feminine side. That means expressing it to more than just the person in the mirror, more than to a raft of cheerleaders in the photos section here.
It's not at all erotic, far from it. That passed a long time ago. There is, however, a very real sense of peace, of "rightness" when I am en femme. It's a feeling that can get from no other pursuit, no matter how rewarding, or peaceful, or "meaningful". Again, that's just me. I do not know what that "means", and I have not found the not knowing to be particularly troubling, though I will admit that I'm starting to think there are deeper issues at play. If/when that "not knowing" does trouble me, I'll seek help in finding the answers. Meanwhile, I am quite content to ride these waves as they come.

Cheryl T
05-06-2018, 01:20 PM
We are all social beings.
The need to be a part of society in all ways is in our DNA so this is to me a natural progression.

Tracii G
05-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Its a form of testing yourself in uncharted territory.
Testing your make up skills and presentation in public.
It could be like Shelly said and you feel you have to evolve.
For me personally it was I wanted to see what it felt like to be viewed as a female.
It was interesting and I learned I wasn't fooling anyone but it was OK to be me.

Teresa
05-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Jernny,
I feel the basic need is to validate our needs, to go out means acceptance , it means you can go and mix with the public , you can visit shops and justify why you need to buy the items . If you have uncertainties about where you are on the TG spectrum it will help you find yourself and maybe answer if you want more and to what level . I understand you want more after Diva Las Vegas , it gave you the confidence with other members of the TG community now you need to know if you can do it in the cold light of day with the general public .

I have to say it's far easier than I thought , most of the fears are in your head , OK it may depend on your DADT sitaution if you have one, that's can be the biggest hurdle .

docrobbysherry
05-06-2018, 05:21 PM
No clue, Jenny! Cindi wants me to go out with her and some of our friends tonite. And, all I want to do is stay home putting together outfits for WildSide in a week! :straightface:

I haven't wanted to dress since DLV!:brolleyes:

kimdl93
05-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Jenny, I can't answer for you, but I have some idea of why getting out is important to me. Its not about fooling anyone....least of all myself. I know I have certain physical and behavioral attributes which skew perceptions one way vs another. My motivation seems to grow out of 1) a need to be active....dressing up and looking in the mirror is simply not enjoyable, 2) the need to interact with the outside world and feel a part of it, and 3) to interact with people and express THIS is who I am.

Helen_Highwater
05-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Jenny,

I found that amongst other reasons simply dressing within the 4 walls felt constraining. While it was great to dress it sort of had no real purpose. Initially you want to know what walking in heels for a distance feels like. Feeling what it's like to be out in the elements.. Once you're over the threshold it seems for most there's no going back and it's just a matter of pushing the boundaries ever further.

Validation of the person you are seems to take over. To be out as the real you and mix with the rest of society.

Sometimes Steffi
05-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Being seen en femme and the positive affirmation that may come with it.

Dani0948
05-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Going out is so much fun. I rarely intefact with others as my height and voice would be a dead givaway. I especially enjoy walking past someone and wondering if they thought I was a man or a woman.

OCCarly
05-06-2018, 11:28 PM
Well, assuming you are not transgender like me, then...because it’s FUN being a girl. I’ve been living full time as a woman now for almost a year, and I’ve been out and about all over north Orange County with no problems whatsoever.

Just go out and have fun.

Dana44
05-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Jenny, you look good. So if you want to go out. Go to a town next to you and go out and have fun. It was nice meeting you at the diva Las Vegas.

Becky Blue
05-07-2018, 12:40 AM
I can't tell you why you must go out Jenny, but I can tell you why have..

I agree with a number of the posters above.. mostly its about evolution, there are only so many pictures one can take, only so many dressing sessions one can have before more is needed.. Pictures are nice but going out in the real world and being seen is something spectacular.. When I go out I am presenting on the outside the way I often feel on the inside, so its very validating

Going out is an incredible feeling and it is also something that I do because it feels so good.

Rachelakld
05-07-2018, 03:03 AM
Fate.
Don't worry about the why or try understanding because it will not change the fact.
Don't overthink it, just enjoy the day

DaisyLawrence
05-07-2018, 03:08 AM
Like Rachel said, you're overthinking it (a common theme here).

Lesson for a happy life: Do more, think less.

Daisy :)

Beverley Sims
05-07-2018, 04:43 AM
I find it is enjoyable interacting with other women.

Going out is a goal we all have and events like Diva Las Vegas are just stepping stones.

To paraphrase Shelly Preston.

I also think we have to evolve eventually.

Cheryl James
05-07-2018, 08:56 AM
In my opinion to truly live we need to be going forward. Each new experience in our lives provides the impetus for the next one. For me each time I am out in public give me the desire to get out again. So far, the world has not come to an end. Good luck to you as you expand your horizons.

paulaprimo
05-07-2018, 11:28 AM
i have no clue... i can only compare it to being a caterpillar for most
of my life, then went into a cocoon and came out a beautiful
butterfly. there's no going back to a caterpillar... :)

Stephanie47
05-07-2018, 11:36 AM
I read your bio page. You're in your 80's. Undoubtedly you're in the waning years of life. Perhaps, going out and about totally en femme is on your bucket list of things to do in life. I don't think it is a compulsion at all. It's just something you want to experience which perhaps you denied yourself for too long.

Jenny22
05-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Thanks, ladies for your thoughts. I can relate to all of them. I want that thrill of being out that first time to be a lasting memory.

Nikki A.
05-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Just to add my two cents. Going out is an affirmation of who I am, I'm not hiding or trying to fool anyone but I do try to look as passable as I possibly can. I also believe that we are social creatures and do need the interaction with others.
Besides, Nikki gets to wear nicer and more diverse clothing.
Some people use my male name no matter how I'm dressed and others use Nikki when applicable. Either way it is all good as long as I am treated ok.