PDA

View Full Version : The Antipanters

Becky Blue
05-08-2018, 07:23 PM
In another thread an interesting series of posts around whether we should ever wear pants, jeans, leggings etc out (Or even in!!)...having been out twice in my nice girly jeans I now find myself at the butt (excuse the pun) of the antipanters brigade's jokes and disappointment... I felt the topic about not always only wearing skirts and dresses deserved its own discussion...

Who is an antipanter and why?

Lets keep it light and fun...

nikkiwindsor
05-08-2018, 07:26 PM
I'm a fierce antipanter...and there's one obvious reason. Because of society's ills, I have to wear pants all day which I hate. So, when I have an opportunity (which isn't near often enough) to dress up and express my femininity why would I want to wear pants? Is that sufficiently light and fun? :)

Queen Bridget
05-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Antipanter here.

I'd never wear pants when dressing fem. The whole appeal of dressing for me is getting away from wearing pants :)

KarenSusan
05-08-2018, 07:35 PM
I detest pants. My entire female wardrobe consists of only skirts and dresses.

Becky Blue
05-08-2018, 08:30 PM
I suspect its going to be a big group the Antipanters :)

Nikki, woman all wear various types of jeans pants leggings etc etc and many look really feminine, aa really tight pair of jeans or nice leggings look AND feel very different to guys pants.

Nicolecdmd
05-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Definitely not an Antipanter here. For multiple reasons wearing sexy jeans, leather pants, leggings or pressed dress slacks makes me feel just as fem. Of course combining any of these with an amazing pair of patent leather stilettos helps. Then of course skirts short/long and dresses have their plus side also. As you sit down smoothing the dress or skirt out then crossing your legs making sure the outfit falls perfect over your legs. Yep I can go either way.

Beverley Sims
05-08-2018, 08:54 PM
I wear all types of clothing, a nice skirt in a blizzard does get a lot of attention. :-)

t-girlxsophie
05-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Being seen out in your pants in the UK would get you arrested :) Seriously I was once in the anti trousers group.But I quickly realised,looking around me that most women these days are more regularly seen in trousers,denims etc And i still think you can put together a really nice femme outfit when wearing trousers e.g. I do love to wear outfit of fitted trousers,pretty top and heels

Di
05-08-2018, 08:57 PM
I suspect its going to be a big group the Antipanters :)

Nikki, woman all wear various types of jeans pants leggings etc etc and many look really feminine, aa really tight pair of jeans or nice leggings look AND feel very different to guys pants.
Have to agree I have some really cute leggings and jeans .

Don't get mad I do not mean it negatively because wearing what makes you happy or what you like is what it's all about.

But to me I always thought closet or fetish dressers wore skirts and dresses only where ones out do it all like most
Ggs.

Robin777
05-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Not a Antipanter here. I love wearing sexy jeans when dressed. I have a few pairs of sexy jeans I enjoy wearing. I found a pair of faux leather skintight pants I enjoy wearing. I also love dresses and skirts,but I also love the jeans. I also love seeing GG's in jeans. If I was ever to go out in public I would be wearing jeans to blend in.

Tracii G
05-08-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't have to wear a skirt or dress to feel feminine. .
I suppose if your CDing is a hobby you may feel that way.
Is it your guy side being sexist and patriarchal saying that?

MarinaTwelve200
05-08-2018, 09:15 PM
So long as they are OBVIOUSLY WOMAN pants, I see nothing wrong with them-----especially if you have a very feminine or frilly TOP.

Tracii G
05-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Wearing pants is a sacrilege to some and I have no idea why.

Rachael Leigh
05-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Not antipants here but yes love wearing my skirts and sundresses when out, but I also have plenty of blend wear to fit in
with the ggs

nikkiwindsor
05-08-2018, 09:26 PM
I don't consider wearing pants a sacrilege. Perhaps "antipanter" is a bit too strong a term. I just prefer dresses to pants and skirts too. And I can think of another reason why I prefer dresses. With a dress, it requires less thinking. I don't have to figure out how to match a top and bottom. With a dress, it's just one garment and I'm good to go!

Sara Jessica
05-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Pants rule. Leggings rule. Jeans rule. All of these can be undeniably feminine and stylish.

DIANEF
05-08-2018, 09:35 PM
I don't hate pants, far from it, I just prefer dresses and skirts, and given the limited time I get to dress they are always the number one option for me. I spend all my drab time in trousers so when dressed I feel more feminine in a dress. If pants are your thing good for you.

michelleddg
05-08-2018, 10:14 PM
I'm a girly girl so love my dresses. However, when I'm out and about and blendy amongst the normals then stylish slacks and jeans are fun too. Hugs, Michelle

Leslie Langford
05-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm with nikki...an "antipanter" in principle, and you would have to pry my dresses and skirts (and pantyhose and heels, for that matter) from my cold, dead hands some day...

BUT - There have been times when I have crossed over to the Dark Side when there was something about specific ladies' pants that both intrigued and appealed to me. That only happens when there is something uniquely feminine about said pants, however:

Exhibit "A" - Capris. Nothing really equivalent on the men's side. In fact, just yesterday I bought a pair on Spandex-enhanced pull-on capris with with a wild, multi-colored floral motif that inexplicably just called out to me. I plan to pair those with a flowy "cold shoulder" style jersey top and a pair of strappy wedges for a planned outing this coming summer when I test the waters by going out in public in casual style - something that is not my "normal" look. I actually like that outfit, and it looks plenty "girly" to me even if it is anchored by those - Ahem! - dreaded "pants".

Exhibit "B" - Palazzo pants. The last time I saw or heard of a male wearing anything even remotely close to those was M.C. Hammer in one of his iconic music videos ("U Can't Touch This" ;) ), or else the eunuchs guarding a 16th century Turkish harem. Thanks, but no thanks to the male version of these...to much associated baggage here -LOL!

Exhibit "C" - Ladies' elegant dress pants lined with silky polyester/rayon material. Ever experience the exquisite feeling of this soft, silky material sliding up and down one's shaved legs while they, in turn, are encased in equally silky pantyhose as one walks about or crosses one's legs? Dare I say "sensory overload" here? When was the last time anyone heard of - let alone , wore something similar originating from the men's clothing section?

Exhibit "D" - Women's tight, form-fitting jeans that hug and caress all the curves. Bonus points if they showcase the ubiquitous "camel toe" as well. And when teamed up with a pair of "killer" stilettos...'Nuff said...

So yes, long story short - there are instances when pants can be very feminine, and one doesn't need to hand in one's Crossdresser Membership Card for delighting in wearing these, along with more traditionally female garb.

sometimes_miss
05-08-2018, 10:36 PM
Oh come on, even most women feel more feminine in a skirt or a dress. And yes, I listen to them talk, so this is right from the 'horses mouth'.

Cassandra Lynn
05-08-2018, 10:47 PM
Light and fun you say? hmmmm, ok.

I might muddy the waters a bit here, but hopefully it can expand on the topic a bit too.
I remember another forum many moons ago (much much smaller), that had quite a large contingent of antipanters and mostly for the same reason as has been shared here. But the rub to me was, that most of that group was adamant that one has to wear hose (or tights) with the skirt or dress.

Which is ok I guess, but much of the appeal to me in having bare legs is,....well, having bare legs.
I go to great lengths in hair removal, keeping my skin well moisturized and healthy looking, i'm a dedicated tanner and etc, etc.
That wonderful feeling of being bare legged is delightful, and other than some nice quality stockings, i'm sorry but pantyhose can be a bit uncomfortable around the waist.
Not to mention the heat factor, it gets plenty hot around these parts, so PFFFFFFTT! on the hose.

Kinda off topic but there ya go.

My situation is that I rarely dress fully anymore, and I present daily in public as a mix or andro or whatever your preferred term may be. I identify as NB/TG.
Picture your everyday female out doing the grocery shopping: pants, blouse/top, ladies flats or sandals, and all the rest. I'm kinda that, without (of course) the female body shape, and I don't wear forms or a wig. Make-up and jewellery yes.

Long story (sorry) made shorter......I am a propanter and mostly jeans, though now that it's warm out i'm in ladies khakis (bare legs mind you).

I do love my skirts and dresses and the day will come again when I move back in that direction.

Anywho, sorry for the long winded post.
Cass

Isabella Ross
05-09-2018, 01:37 AM
I'm in the "dresses/skirts" preferred camp. I do have some skinny jeans, but if I'm dressing, it's because of my deeply-seated urge to feel and look pretty and feminine. And for me, dresses and skirts is what I equate with this; could be the era I grew up in. Fortunately, my wife has the same tendencies, and in her case, she is actually an antipanter!

Krea
05-09-2018, 01:43 AM
I don't mind wearing trousers sometimes when dressed at home as long as they are fem style. I love skinny jeans and leggings.
It's nice to have different styles for different days.

DaisyLawrence
05-09-2018, 02:31 AM
It's funny but here in the UK, pants is an abbreviation for underpants and virtually no-one uses the term pants to describe trousers anymore! No pants means going commando! :)

So some facts:

1. Dresses and skirts ARE more feminine. This has nothing to do with crossdressing but is entirely because they are only worn by women (unlike trousers) and they conveniently show bare smooth feminine legs. Any woman will tell you that dresses and skirts make her feel more feminine.

2. Because of number 1 above (I guess), I love dresses and skirts and almost always wear one or the other when doing the 'full Daisy' as I put it. In the 2 days of the year that are hot in Northumberland (a good year) you can't beat bare legs and a light flowing skirt.

3. I never wear mens clothes. Rather than doing the full Daisy, I present 90% of the time as myself which is obviously genetically male when close up due to thin hair, beard shadow and no boobs. This I do in womens clothes but never dresses or skirts. So I wear leggings and super skinny stretch jeans most of the time. I love them! Sorry. They give me the opportunity to be non-binary without being a MIAD. I get the odd 'second look' but never a stare (there is a difference). Women seem to love it and generally can't wait to tell me how nice it is to a man who cares about his appearance and makes an effort and then tell me they wish they had my legs. I'll take that thank you very much :)

4. Confession time, when doing the 'full Daisy' I sometimes don't wear a dress or skirt. This is due to the activity I am doing. If walking the coast or climbing a hill in the tick infested wilds I want my activewear and that means sports leggings. I LOVE them. I may wear a short sports skirt over the top but usually not. I always wear padding and a long top if needed to cover any male shape. Oh and capri length leggings are the best because only ladies wear them! Forget about the ones made for men (running leggings etc) because the colour choice is awful.

5. I hate trousers! By trousers I mean any two legged garment for the lower half other than super skinny jeans and leggings. Womens trousers are just 'feminised' version of mens. It's like they are saying "If I want to get on in life I must dress like a man but must feminise the clothes a bit so I don't look like a lesbian". Seriously, the womens' business suit, what's that all about? Most men hate them but have to wear them due to outdated social attitudes about smartness at the office and then women come along and think I'll give up my freedom to be comfortable, feminine etc and try to be hot and uncomfortable in a mans suit. You can't make it up. It's ridiculous. And don't even ask me about those really big baggy capri length trousers and collotes that some women wear, they might as well put on a tent or bin bag or a sign that says 'I have fat legs under here'.

So there you have it. If I have tempted you to get out in super skinnies or leggings go for it, but please remember that you need to have super skinny legs, stretch fabrics were designed to show off every natural lovely curve NOT to let you stuff fat legs into small jeans :). Sorry but it's true. And, contrary to what we see, leggings were not invented to allow morbidly obese people to get comfortable while wobbling about.

Charlotte7
05-09-2018, 03:56 AM
No, I'm not an antipanter either. Most women wear trousers most of the time, so why not us? But, when I dress, I have to make that change, that distinction. So, for me it's skits and dresses. When I'm out shopping, for example, if I'm in, say, Marks and Spencer, I'll sometimes look at the trousers, and yes, there are some really lovely feminine styles out there, but then a skirt comes into view and, when I comes to spending actual folding money, then the skirt or dress wins every time.

Maria 60
05-09-2018, 04:33 AM
I have never worn pants when dressed, a few times I put on heels with my jeans and spent awhile like that, I don't know if that counts. Once my wife was throwing out a pair of dress shorts, I tried them on and my wife told me I looked good in them and they did feel good. I kept them but never wore them again. I guess I'm a dress and skirt guy myself

Elizabeth G
05-09-2018, 04:57 AM
How about a "scant panter". I have a few pair for dressing more casually but the overwhelming majority of the time it's a dress or skirt and top for me.

alwayshave
05-09-2018, 05:45 AM
I wear pants everyday to work. Why would I want to dress in them when dressing up.

Teri Ray
05-09-2018, 06:01 AM
I am bi dressual and bi pantual. I enjoy both.

susan54
05-09-2018, 07:22 AM
I own about 20 pairs of women's trousers but rarely wear them. I am not trying to be a typical woman or even any kind of women. I like wearing skirts and dresses and how they look on me. I seem to have a physique that looks better in women's clothes than men's but this rarely extends to women's trousers. Other than for the nicer fabric and the fluidity of floaty trousers for when you really do have to wear trousers, I can think of no reasons for choosing them over dresses and skirts. Each to their own.

Charona
05-09-2018, 07:29 AM
We must realize that pantyhose are pants. True they are not usually worn as an outer garment, but they remain pants. Even if we wear skirts or dresses over them, we are still wearing pants. For that matter, panties are also a form of pants.

Asew
05-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I don't like pants in male mode, and I have no desire to wear female pants. I am ok with shorts (though all of mine are men's cargo shorts or running shorts). All my female clothes are skirts or dresses, no pants, shorts or leggings. I just find skirts so comfortable and fun. I don't feel antipanterish since I have nothing against GG or CDers wearing pants though and they can definitely still be feminine.

Jackiefl
05-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I think women are versatile and so am I. When I mow the grass,clean house, grocery shop, boating and even amusement parks like Disney and universal studios witch the wife and I frequently do. I dress appropriately in shorts or jeans and a nice tank top ect. I like to blend with the other women I observe at these places. I also have no problems feeling fem. I am secure in who I am and enjoying the journey.

deebra
05-09-2018, 07:58 AM
If you don't pass a good way to go out feminine is to wear girl bootcut jeans. Girls are thinner material and softer and hug your body. They feel so different than men's. They feel so girly over bikini panties, they hug that area. Also "long" hide heels and a flashy fem belt sets them off. Embelished rear pockets make them girly. You do feel feminine when wearing the.

IleneD
05-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Not an Anti-Panter here.
In fact, I consider pants and leggings to be an advanced CD goal to achieve; something beyond the illusion created by skirts or dresses.
Face it. We are "men" (yes, trans women; I understand us as REAL women too). And in attempting the feat of Passing, there's a need to create an illusion of being a woman, or at least arranging your shape to that approaching a woman's natural form. Bust, hips,... all.
Skirts and dresses not only feel great but they help hide the devices and architecture required to build a look. Pants are something more difficult to "pull off" (no pun). They fit more tightly and the classic femme shape of wide hips and larger buttocks is more difficult to display (on a male form with typical wider shoulders and narrow hips). More forms and shaping garments are required.

I take "pants" as something to strive for in fine tuning my overall Ilene look. Besides, GG and other girls wear pants. Why not I ? There are some very sexy, good looking, and distinctly femme pant available that can be worn with heels and a variety of manners.

Teresa
05-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Becky,
Not so long ago you could have put me at the top of that list but going out on a regular basis and the colder weather meant the inevitable and buying some trousers. OKJ I'm not a great jeans person but like cords so I bought a pair of slim cut in black and another in brown. Im have to say I enjoyed wearing them more than I expected , obviously they get teamed up with heeled boots and some nice feminine tops and sweaters , I didn't feel any less feminine but I did feel confident knowing most GGs would be wearing simlilar outfits .

OK I still feels great to finally have some warm weather and fetch out nice skirts and tops with wedges .

biancabellelover
05-09-2018, 09:00 AM
I’m pant-tolerant, LOL!

I love my skirts and dresses, but only wear them around the home. I don’t “wig and makeup”, so If I want to go out dressed, I wear loose women’s jeans with a blouse that could pass as a hawaiian shirt.

Michelle

Leslie Langford
05-09-2018, 09:29 AM
It's funny but here in the UK, pants is an abbreviation for underpants and virtually no-one uses the term pants to describe trousers anymore! No pants means going commando! :)

Hmmm...and here I thought you Brits called them "knickers"...or "bloomers" back in the day when "a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking" as the old song goes. Who knew? ;)

DaisyLawrence
05-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Leslie. We call mens underwear pants (short for underpants) and ladies underwear are knickers (your panties). Bloomers were the big things Victorian ladies wore. As we English are the source of the English language, this is the correct use of terms, all other English speaking nations that differ are, by definition, wrong.

Charlotte7
05-09-2018, 10:11 AM
...and the colder weather meant the inevitable and buying some trousers...

The cold weather is what I call "The Tights' Season" which, for me, has the added benefit that a good pair of opaques cover up a multitude of sins :) :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

As we English are the source of the English language, this is the correct use of terms, all other English speaking nations that differ are, by definition, wrong.

Ha! Two nations separated by a common language. As it happens, the various forms of English spoken around the world depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to: date of migration; origin of those moving; class of people migrating; what other ethnic groups were also there to provide loan words; etc. There are a lot of similarities between how English was spoken back in the day and US English of today, and also over time the two forms have evolved slightly differently. It's a great area of study. But I digress slightly, so just to get this back on point: when I dress you won't find me in pants (UK) or pants (US).

JamieG
05-09-2018, 10:23 AM
For many years, I would only wear skirts and dresses when crossdressing. But a few years ago, I bought a bunch of leggings, and bought a pair of women's skinny jeans. When I went to Keystone this year, I even surprised myself in that I never wore a skirt or dress during the daytime. It was leggings or skinny jeans and flats. But come dinner time, I was always gussied up in dresses and heels. Go figure!

Jenny22
05-09-2018, 11:06 AM
I have a multitude of dresses, skirts and tops, six leggins and one pair of lady's jeans. I'm not antipants but just prefer the more feminine appearance of dresses, skirts and tops. They make me feel and look much more girly-pretty.

Stephanie47
05-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Where is Karren Hutton when you need her? Remember her displeasure with pants? Anyway, I only wear pants, including shorts, made for men. I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's when women primarily wore dresses. In my neighborhood there was ONE women, a divorcee, who wore pants. For both reasons she was talk about negatively and shunned. Talk about conservatism run amok. On television the family shows we watched such as "Leave It to Beaver" and "Ozzie and Harriet" the wives/mothers wore dresses. The magazine ads had women toiling in the kitchen in dresses, heels and aprons. I was first attracted to my mother's nylon full slips. How was I going to wear one of those under pants? Then or now? Even little girls wore dresses when playing. Maybe not a fancy dress to a birthday party, but, just playing hop-scotch, etc.

En drab I always looked great wearing pants, whether it was to work in slacks, dress shirt, tie and shined shoes or just knocking around the house. I maintained my military physic for a long time (38-32-36), and, even now at advancing age I still look ok in pants (42-38-40). I always wore colored dress shirts and had plenty of tie to express myself on any given day. Even now I wear a lot of graphic tee shirts which are comfortable and are expressive.

Anyway, if I am going to emulate a woman I want to emulate a finely attired woman of the 1960's.

Don't get me wrong I see many very attractive women wearing pants. Not too long ago while waiting for a traffic light to change I saw a young woman with a radiant smile and long blond hair getting out of the cab of a cement mixer. She was attired in steel toed work boots, jeans, flannel shirt, safety reflective vest and hard hat. She was drop dead gorgeous. More power to her earning top union wages in a "man's world" looking ultra feminine.

Sometimes Steffi
05-09-2018, 11:41 AM
I happen to love women's pants, and I have a wide variety to love.

Most of my women's pants are jeans, but none of them are typical guys jeans. Many of them are embroidered or embellished, or both. Most of the rest are either skinny jeans or "mom" jeans, and I have jeans in a lot of different colors.

I have a few pair of satin lined pants, a pair of palazzo pants and a pair of lace, back-zip pants with long slits up each leg.

While I do prefer skirt suits or dress suits, I do have some pant suits also.

I have a few pair of capri paints, or maybe they're called clam diggers, I'm not sure that I know the difference.

I also have over a dozen yoga stretch leggings, including full lenght, 3/4 length and capri length.

Women have such a variety of different pants. What's not to like?

Angela.Moni
05-09-2018, 12:08 PM
I like seeing good looking pants on other girls, but I only wear skirts and dresses....so I am an antipanter, I guess. Love the feeling and freedom of a dress.
I do my daily pilates and I used to wear yoga tights for that and loved it, but recently I decided to try a sports dress and now love doing my pilates wearing a sports dress instead. It feels so much better and I feel so free and, of course, sexy doing it in a dress.

Cassandra Lynn
05-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Leslie. We call mens underwear pants (short for underpants) and ladies underwear are knickers (your panties). Bloomers were the big things Victorian ladies wore. As we English are the source of the English language, this is the correct use of terms, all other English speaking nations that differ are, by definition, wrong.

Ahhhh, the memories you bring back to me.
I had a very intense and wonderful friendship with an Irish born 'lady' from the UK, and we had much fun winding up each other (and I think that 'winding up' is a common reference across the water?).

But that's ok Daisy, we don't hold your indifference to the fact we've refined the language against you folks. :battingeyelashes:

The John Cleese bit in which he explains the English language to us is classic.

Sorry for the off topic post.
Cass

KelleyB
05-09-2018, 03:30 PM
To be honest, I've always preferred my wife/previous GFs to wear skirts or dresses, so it's natural I'd want to.

Alice Torn
05-09-2018, 05:07 PM
I was anti pants for a long time, but found a few pairs of very long flared jeams and slacks at a thrift store, and they fit nicely. But, i purged them, along with 98% of my stash last year.

Helen_Highwater
05-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Up until recently I would have not been seen dead in ladies trousers, leggings yes, they're current fashion. However having bought a pair of mid heeled shoes that I really like, it has stuck me that they would suit a pair of ladies trousers I rescued from the jumble sale sack a good while ago. On my next extended outing enfemme it's very likely they'll make the cut into the dressing bag. Nothing ventured....

Samm
05-09-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm still getting a chuckle out of the title to this thread:laughing:
YAY pants! :cheer:

SusanZed
05-09-2018, 07:08 PM
I am OK wearing pants when my SO is getting used to me being trans. Other than that I just love skirts and dresses too much to wear them!

KatrinaK
05-09-2018, 07:29 PM
I have a few pairs of super cute super tight pants, skinny jeans and leggings, and I love them, but compared to skirts and dresses they’re in the minority. In fact wearing jeans in my profile pic. Not an antipanter.

Sallee
05-09-2018, 07:29 PM
I'll have to chime in here. Pants since I like to go out to straight and day time places I am a panter. I wear jeans skinny jeans(very sexy) and even a pant suit. Thats not to say dresses and skirts don't happen just seldom. If it is a night of clubbing and dancing short skirts and dresses are definitely the call

Lana Mae
05-09-2018, 07:38 PM
If you are emulating females then it is necessary to wear pants to blend in! That said, I saw a GG in a skirt and top today out shopping! I wear women's jeans most days with a "V" neck women's tee shirt(my male mode!)! I prefer when dressed to be in a skirt and feminine top! I have gotten a new peasant dress but have to shorten my slip to wear it! So, I guess I love any feminine clothes: dresses, skirts and pants! Hugs Lana Mae

Jodie_Lynn
05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
>stands up Hi all, my name is Jodie and I am NOT an anti-panter!
I have a ton of girl jeans and (lets see... 5, 6, 7) seven pair of women's slacks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are some situations where skirts and dresses are a little impractical. Ever try painting a wall, on a ladder, in a skirt?

BLUE ORCHID
05-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Hi Becky Blue :hugs:, I have three closets full of clothes That runs the full spectrum of female clothes
I have a large number of all kind of pants and leggings . >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Jodie_Lynn
05-09-2018, 07:59 PM

:cheer: I love it!

DIANEF
05-09-2018, 08:11 PM
This is true. As they say, there is the Queen's English, and there are mistakes.

SHINY-J
05-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I understand the urge to wear skirts and dresses,... I have tons of them!

But, I absolutely LOVE my wet look leggings! Whether they’re tight ankle or flare legs, I absolutely LOVE them and have them in all types and colors! I also love my faux leather pants and Lame’ pants! With a sexy pair of platform high heels, I think they look just as sexy as heels and a skirt! And I also don’t have to worry if I’ve forgotten to nair my legs for a few days! Lol

GracieRose
05-09-2018, 09:20 PM
There is not much better than the feeling of wearing a well fitting dress or skirt.
However, in most venues, it is difficult to blend with a dress or skirt. The GGs aren't wearing them.
I did notice today, a few younger ladies wearing casual dresses out shopping as the weather warms up'

Becky Blue
05-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Thanks for sharing your views on pants/trousers/leggings/jeans girls... I would estimate there is a significant minority of you antipanters out there.

I was out today at lunch time in a reasonably affluent shopping strip.. today is the first cold day we have had in Melbourne this year (yes yes yes I know all you Northern Hemisphere people 10C 52F is not really cold) but it is cold for us.. I would say only 10% of the women were wearing skirts or dresses.

Isabella Ross
05-10-2018, 12:41 AM
There's a little bit of continent-centricness (?) on display in this thread. Lots of claims that "the GGs just don't wear dresses and skirts." That may be the case in Ohio or Alberta, but I can assure you that in France, Spain (where my wife and I are currently living) and other European countries, well-dressed women wouldn't be caught dead in pants (or trousers).

grace7777
05-10-2018, 01:10 AM
I can see where a CD would only wear skirts and dresses. After all a lot of them do not dress up all the time, so take advantage of your opportunities when they happen. Pre transition I rarely wore pants en femme.

For the first 2 months after living 24/7 as a woman, I wore skirts and dresses only. I have now been living full time for about a year, and I am at about 60% skirts and dresses and about 40% pants. Not really sure what the future will hold. There are times when pants seem much more practical than a skirt or dress.

Linda P.
05-10-2018, 02:29 AM
Crossdressers have always been criticised/condemned, even arrested, because men don't wear dresses. So we should be like other men and wear pants. Now we are being told that women don't wear dresses and we should be like women and wear pants! Very surprising to find on a crossdressing forum that there are people who are opposed to men wearing dresses.
Pretty amazing.

Teresa
05-10-2018, 04:04 AM
Jodie,
Yes been there and done the decorating thing in a flowered skirt , Tshirt and heels . I was decorating a friends house and forgot when painting the ceiling off a step ladder that the neighbours across the road had a clear view of me . I stick to male mode now , I hate spoiling my outfits !!

Isabella,
I agree they still have some style on the continent and they still love their lingerie shops .

Jackiefl
05-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Linda....They say when in Rome do as the Romans do.

t-girlxsophie
05-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Isnt the Queen German though :devil:

April Rose
05-10-2018, 10:00 PM
I have tried pants when in femme, but I just look male in them. (typical male athletic body gone to seed with a beer gut) By the standards of women's fashion I have an "apple shaped" body. Some pants would work, but I would have to choose the top very carefully. Martha Stewart is a fashion forward example of this type.

In dressy outfits I use hip padding to mitigate this, but the problem is still there.

Barbara Black
05-10-2018, 10:12 PM
I love the feeling of freedom and feminimity from wearing a skirt or dress, and it is most definitely my choice when dressing. However, I have gotten a few pairs of ladies dress pants, and they are nothing like those for men. they are loose and flowing just like skirts and dresses and feel very nice and sexy. So I wouldn't discount them too readily.

ellbee
05-12-2018, 12:33 AM
This type of thread is always an interesting one. And lots of good things being said & discussed! :)

Anyway, just a few random thoughts...

- Back in my 100% en-femme days, I was a staunch anti-panter. Or, at least in the earlier days of that. All about the dresses & skirts -- and *always* with hose or (American) tights. Heck, during one CD era, I had amassed a huge collection of those Ann Taylor type above-the-knee skirts. Loved those & wore 'em all the time! So, I absolutely get where the dress/skirt-wearers are coming from, on all kinds of points.

- As I got a bit older, something shifted in me. Started dabbling in non-skirt/dress things, like picking up a black opaque "cat-suit" one time for a Halloween costume. Couple pairs of jeans & cords? Sure, why not. GG dress-pants & "office" pants? Again, why not! Even got into skorts a little... Used to wear one of mine a *lot* for a spell, I really loved everything about it and how I looked & felt while wearing it. And I started seeing the allure of this kinda stuff, opening up a whole new world for me, with all kinds of wardrobe options & possibilities. Still wore dresses & skirts, but now it was like I wasn't "forced" to, that I could go a different direction on any given day, depending on my mood, on the weather, and on where I might be going & what I might be doing, and with whom. Pretty awesome, really. :thumbsup:

- Socially, I would tend to (but not always) wear skirts & dresses. But when I started doing more of a "mixed" presentation while simply running errands or whatever? The pants would come out. I just wanted to look like a femmy guy -- not an obvious CD'er. I just wanted to go about my business, like any regular person would, without attracting all this attention... Which undoubtedly, a skirt/dress *would* have done.

- These days, I no longer do 100% en-femme. Just not really in it in me anymore. That may change someday... Or at this rate, probably not. And since that time, I have discovered leggings. And oh, boy.. Did I discover them! :heehee: I can't be bothered to count how may pairs I now have, but it's reasonably estimated to be between 150-200 of 'em. :eek: Outside of work, I pretty much live in these things. Just presenting as a guy, wearing women's leggings. And yes, I wear them as stand-alone pants. More on that below...

- Many GG's in my neck of the woods, pretty much around my age & younger, wear these quite often. Typically just plain black ones (but not always, thankfully)... Whatever, I get that. Sometimes you'll see 'em wearing skirts & dresses, usually depending on the time of day/night/year, and where they are & what they're doing. And if they might look a bit "out-of-place" for the situation, you can kinda guess where they may have been earlier, or where they're possibly going to later, if you have a decent-enough eye -- simply based on their skirt/dress outfit.

- However... Leggings (as stand-alone pants), I believe, are here to stay. I know some of you may "complain" that pantyhose/tights are going out of style. Well, leggings are the *new* pantyhose/tights in this day & age, for many women & girls. Really, they're just thicker, and footless. GG's (and some guys :devil: ) are basically walking around wearing thick, footless tights, if you start to think about it. Seriously, if you find the right size/brand/variety/fabric blend for you? Some of these things can feel very silky -- like a pair of pantyhose. Only you don't have to be wearing a skirt or dress with them! It's kind of crazy, really, if you start viewing it that way. :)

- Anyway, there will always be a wide variety to choose from. Nothing is going away... Dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, leggings, etc. All here to stay. There may be times & places where one or more "categories" will be more prevalent, and it could possibly stay that way for a good while. But again, it comes down to having options & possibilities. I definitely wouldn't overlook *any* of these. Have a few extra bucks burning a hole in your purse? Throw caution to the wind, and pick up something cute that you *never* would have considered before... Because it may just send you on a whole new awesome path. :battingeyelashes:

Julie Martin
05-12-2018, 11:49 AM
If your goal is blending and most women where you live wear Jeans/slacks, it's advisable to do the same. If you prefer dresses, wear them!! but if you have the shapewear technology dialed in with the right hip/butt padding and corset..you can wear tight leggings and look 100% female from the waist down, and in my area that is actually a plus for blending..and feels pretty darn girly to me :-)!

Melanie Moxon
05-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Once I transition I'll be wearing skirts to work and avoiding trousers if at all possible (as it is an office environment a skirt is perfectly practical so lots of women wear them) but day to day out and about, it will be jeans and flat shoes/boots/sandals or trainers and at the airfield jeans all the way, a skirt is way to impractical to consider, dresses and pretty shoes will be reserved for going out on an evening, tights will only be worn with closed toe and non strappy shoes too (slingbacks excepted).

Majella St Gerard
05-12-2018, 04:52 PM
In my book, dressing like a woman includes pants. Women wear pants, look around.

gina_edwards
05-12-2018, 06:52 PM
I only wear skin tight jeans they show my little butt nicely :battingeyelashes:

nikkiwindsor
05-13-2018, 12:44 PM
When the weather gets cold, it's time for tights paired with a dress or skirt...of course it's a matter of preference...pants are ok, but for those of us who prefer dresses/skirts, a beautiful pair of tights (the colors, patterns and textures are endless) is our option to exercise!

Becky Blue
05-20-2018, 11:43 PM
Did I just see a post from the Queen of the Antipanters saying pants are ok??? what will we see happening next?

Victoria_Winters
05-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Im not super picky. I have dresses, I have skirts, and I have pants. I’m not going to limit my wardrobe by anything! I have several blouses that look fantastic with jeans.

Vickie_CDTV
05-21-2018, 05:50 PM
I only wear skirts and dresses. I wear them because I really like them, not because I want to look like a "real" woman. At this point in my life it is more about fashion and what I enjoy wearing. I am also built like a big man, not a big woman, and it is just practical to wear things that don't make my body shape/figure stand out.

Patrica Gil
05-22-2018, 10:06 PM
Do not really care for pants, however been out to the store in leggings with a top, pantyhose, womens tenni shoes. Purposely do not wear socks so my ankles expose my nylons. Definitely would wear a dress but not quite at that point yet.

Valentina_Rossi
06-08-2018, 02:44 AM
Hi!!

I am fairly new to the forum, and I did not realize how "controversial" this topic was until Becky pointed that to me! :)

Of course, one should be free to wear whatever one wants. And I do love dresses... but I also like the look of jeans or shorts. As they mentioned earlier, some jeans come with enhanced lifting of the butt and added shaping of the legs. I have one such pair from a Colombian store... they are called "Levanta colas" ("Tail lifting") and they are extremely popular in the Latinoamerican community since we tend to like women with curves :)

If you combine trousers like that with hip padding, a waist cincher, and some high heels and you can get a nice effect and feel *very* feminine. Just do not do it in a hot day! ;)

Here are a couple of pictures with the Colombian jeans:

292625 292626

Love love,
Val

Sashauk
06-08-2018, 03:46 AM
Valentina I think you are so right - to look good in women's jeans you have to have the right body shape. Sadly for me that's never going to happen so I stick with skirts that are a lot more forgiving.

Connie D50
06-08-2018, 07:46 AM
I wear both dresses, pants, jeans and shorts (the list could go on and on). I wear what I think is right for what I'm doing. When I go out I feel I have a better time when I blend in to my surroundings. If everyone is wearing pants when I do. If a dress is the right pick then a dress. You can look good of course in both (dress and pants). As we see everyday in a women's world. :):)

Stacey-J
06-08-2018, 08:01 AM
Considering that one of my favourite pieces of clothing is my red tartan pants, you can definitely count me out of the antipanters group. I love my skirts and dresses but you can't go past a good set of pants or shorts. Besides my butt looks way better in pants anyway :p

Tina B.
06-08-2018, 09:17 AM
That's me, late to the table again. But I just had to weigh in on this one. We have talked this to death for years, but when I look at the many pairs of pants I have, from leggings, and legging Capri's to tight leg jeans, and all the floral's and prints, bright colors, tight legs to wide legs I see nothing masculine about my pants. I even have a pair of what is called Hollywood style, that have a old fashion side zipper, and they are hard to find. Just so happens I counted my pants just the other day, I gave up at 25 pair, not one that I thought was masculine, if I did I would trow them away.
Being retired, and having a great wife, I dress a great deal of the time anymore, one great thing about getting old, retirement, and lots of time to dress. I will wear a dress, or more likely a skirt and blouse for a day or two, but after that, I will change up to a pair of pants, just for the change of pace. and I get more done around the house in pants, than I do in a skirt, "but I STILL WANT TO HEAR MY WIFE SAY, YOU LOOK CUTE TODAY" and still feel just a fem.

Mandy T
06-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Val all I can say is WOW. Stunning
I prefer dresses but will and have worn pants from time to time, but its just my preference.

Mandy

Valentina_Rossi
06-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Hi!!

@Sasha: I completely understand... and I love dresses too :)

@Mandy: Thank you for your kind comments :)

Love love,
Val

Becky Blue
07-12-2018, 12:23 AM
What do the antipanters feel about torn jeans?
I would love to go out in a pair of jeans like these

DaisyLawrence
07-12-2018, 02:18 AM
I hate them Becky. They should give them away as they are knackered already. Anyway, with holes that big and high up everyone would see your hip pads! :)

Angela Marie
07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
I love leggings and have a great collection. That having been said I also have dresses, jean leggings, and dress pants. It depends on where you are going and the type of setting.

Lea
07-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Unless I am doing heavy cleaning or working a project around the house I prefer dresses and skirts.

I have nothing against pants but just enjoy my dresses and skirts.

biancabellelover
07-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Sorry Becky,

I’ve never liked the jeans-with-holes fashion.

Michelle.

KatrinaK
07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Every morning, I go for a 5K run. Mid way through it, I sprint 7 large flights of stairs up a California cliff face. Then I go home and I do lunges and butt exercises so that I look fantastic in my Brazilian butt-lifting skinny jeans.

Oh, and I'm wearing compression tights while I do all of this, even in boy-mode.

... queue anti-panter retort.

Becky Blue
07-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Katrina, show us some pics... Interesting in winter downunder skirts with tights is definitely in fashion, of course many woman are in pants but more in skirts than usual.

Shayna
07-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Count me as one of the people who love leggings. I'll also say that as a practical matter, I like the way women's mid-rise jeans fit, although I don't wear them often.

redtea
07-17-2018, 01:55 AM
i'm Anti-dress Anti-high heels. I wanna buy some heels but i simply can't do it for some odd reason.

jeans are really nice on girls so my fetish tends to lean towards them.

Course the ultimate high is short jean shorts with smooth legs.

American Eagle being the number 1 for me compared to other brands...

Not everyone dresses for self expression. I just do it because it scares me but after the fear comes a euphoria that only someone with anxiety can experience.

Becky Blue
07-17-2018, 01:59 AM
We all have our different reasons Redtea, but I think you are the first Antiskirter to post here (Sorry you can't be an antidresser clearly lol)

Valentina_Rossi
07-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Hi!!!

I also like short shorts, in particular if they are Denim or the like... normally combined with tight top. Do they still call them Daisy Dukes in the US?

Here are two I got from an H&M sale... one green and one classic blue:

293828 293829

Love love,
Val

Becky Blue
08-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Lovely pics Valentina, what do the Antipanters think about short girly shorts?

nikkiwindsor
08-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Every morning, I go for a 5K run. Mid way through it, I sprint 7 large flights of stairs up a California cliff face. Then I go home and I do lunges and butt exercises so that I look fantastic in my Brazilian butt-lifting skinny jeans.

Oh, and I'm wearing compression tights while I do all of this, even in boy-mode.

... queue anti-panter retort.

Why do you wear compresssion tights while running?

Cheryl T
08-21-2018, 08:41 AM
I dress as any woman would.
There is a time and a place for all forms of clothing and pants/slacks/jeans have their place as well.
I don't have the need to be in a dress all the time to feel feminine, and I have some very feminine pants that look dynamite.

AmyVanessa
08-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Not an anti. When I'm out and have my cute flats on, I wear leggings with them, and with heels, I have women's pants on

ToniG
08-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Wardrobe here is Capris, Shorts, Jeans, Slacks. And the Sandals, Flats, and Sneakers to go with them. Live in a "senior area"-- and my choices correspond with GGs in my area. Have Tops & Tunics that work for here. Besides---its "500 deg in the shade" here in the PHX valley most of the yr. Nylons are rarely seen. Although Ive owned short-skirts, short-shorts, and short dresses---wear those at home. IF I stepped-out in short-dress with pantyhose here---- might as well light a flare & wave it over my head. :) So Long skirts or Maxi-dresses with Sandals work fine for here. Tried leggings & didn't like them. 99% of GGs here are Athlesiure or Casual. My closet matches. Don't dislike partywear-just don't have need for it. Guess that makes me a "panter" ! :) Toni G..

Mary Lawrence
08-22-2018, 08:28 PM
I much prefer skirts. I'd love to wear dresses, but have no good opportunity to do so. Winters, where I live, are mighty cold and if a gg wears a skirt, it is common to wear tights under it, rather than bare the legs. Most wear pants. If it is warm-ish in the winter and depending upon the excursion involved, I'll wear a skirt. Otherwise, pants allow me to blend more readily. Despite saying this, it is a fact that women can get away with wearing down-filled snowsuits, pants with top and parka, or a skirt or dress with some form of feminine cover-up in a blizzard, Home Depot or the local grocery store.

Despite loving skirts, I do have a favorite warm weather outfit consisting of a pale yellow pair of linen crop pants and a sleeveless lime-colored silk top with collar which buttons up the front. Totally feminine and something many women my age would wear.

Jamie Christopher
08-22-2018, 11:10 PM
With my female hips fitting my jeans so well I love blending in! Nice dressy pants as well, and nothing says male about a nice look in dressy pants with heels!

Jamie

Patience
08-23-2018, 12:40 AM
The first item of feminine clothing l put on was a black dress. It fit me perfectly and it made me feel terrific. It was made of a thick, heavy cloth and had some kind of embroidered checkered red and white pattern across the middle.

As you can tell, I too have a soft spot for skirts and dresses and of the four times I've been out dressed, not one time was I wearing pants (and I don't intend to).

Still, I like to think that anything is fair game as long as women wear them too. At my current workplace, skirts and dresses are not allowed, but long shorts are. As I've mentioned before, l am as out at work as the dress code will allow me and that means, among other things, women's pants. One time one co-worker who is cool, but befuddled by my inclinations remarked that his mother wore the same kind of pants I had on.

So I'm pro-pants in principle, or at least not necessarily against them. Matter of fact, I'm wearing pants on my avatar...

Jenna8
08-24-2018, 11:42 AM
I certainly wear skinny jeans and leggings, most girls do. When I’m out and about I prefer outfits that blend in. Last weekend I was in Indianapolis and shopped 3 days in jeans. I saw very few skirts. At night I wore skinny jeans with dressy tops with high block heeled sandals. Once again most of the women in the restaurant were wearing the same type of outfits. Including my wife.

Jenna

HollyGreene
08-24-2018, 09:12 PM
One thing about me is that I have quite shapely legs and I have to say that they look great in a pair of leggings, jeggings or skin-tight, stretch jeans. They also feel good, which is what it's all about, really.

~Joanne~
08-25-2018, 07:12 AM
I am some where in the middle on this, while I do not like wearing pants (jeans, dress, or other) I do like wearing leggings and have many pairs of them. When I do dress, I do prefer a dress/skirt though. Heels and hosiery, the two main staples of my dressing, just go better with a dress rather than pants.

5150 Girl
08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
While I prefer dresses, I do wear leggings often. And yes I do have some slacks to. I have a few jeans, but they are clearly feminine, like with embroidered stuff that says these were meant for a woman.
The weather is really the deciding factor. In the heat of the summer, dresses and sandals almost every day. When the mercury starts to dip is when the pants start to appear. However, the dresses do not disappear, but I do add hose/tights depending on how cold it is.

Leslie Mary S
08-26-2018, 03:40 PM
My wardrobe has only one pair of Pants. My GG friend DarkAnGGel says I look quite sexy in them (haven't taken any photos of me in them>).
I still like to Dress in dresses and Skirt/blouse outfits.

Becky Blue
08-27-2018, 02:53 AM
So this is a question for the Antipanters..
I am presuming that you would approve of this look, black tights and my new floral dress. BUT what if i removed the dress and repalced it with a long top and called the tights leggings?

Samm
08-27-2018, 05:49 AM
There you go, poking that bear again Becky. Lol

Judy-Somthing
08-27-2018, 06:33 AM
I'm not an antipanter but I think women look much more fem in dresses.
That's why most women will wear a dress to look their best for special occasions such as a wedding.

Becky Blue
08-27-2018, 06:59 AM
@Samm can't help myself :)

Leslie Mary S
08-28-2018, 02:16 AM
snip
Most women will wear a dress to look their best for special occasions such as a wedding.
Humm At the Last Wedding I Shot in TN about 45% of the females were wearing Blue Jeans. I find that the location and the attendee's income tend to dictate what is worn.

BrendaPDX
08-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Not antipanter, but if I want to blend in the Great Pacific Northwest, you have to have a couple pair of jeans, have to! I prefer skirts and dresses.

5150 Girl
08-31-2018, 12:27 PM
So this is a question for the Antipanters..
I am presuming that you would approve of this look, black tights and my new floral dress. BUT what if i removed the dress and repalced it with a long top and called the tights leggings?

Well, I'm in the "leggings are pants" camp, and that said, leggings and tights are two different things. Leggings are often substituted for tights, and that's fine, However, passing tights off as leggings will not go well!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7821066/

KatrinaK
08-31-2018, 03:29 PM
I got them at 2XU. Paired with a racer back top and my painted nails, I’m sure I raise a few eyebrows, especially cuz I don’t wear shorts over them, and I couldn’t care less when I’m going full speed with my ponytail bouncing behind me.

Why do you wear compresssion tights while running?

Anne E
09-14-2018, 03:45 PM
As much as I love my dresses and heels, they aren't so great for gardening. I'd rather be dressed as a woman in jeans than have to go back to being a guy to pick a salad.

nikkiwindsor
09-14-2018, 06:38 PM
Anne, I can see the value of wearing pants when the event absolutely requires you to suffer in wearing them. Fortunately, most of the time pants are not required and we're free to slip on a beautiful dress or skirt/blouse. Nikki

Samm
09-14-2018, 07:39 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going:laughing:
I think I'll slip into a nice pair of pants lol

Becky Blue
09-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Samm, I have started quite a few threads in my time here, this was not one I would ever have thought would get to 100+ posts :)
i think my summary of this thread is that most of us prefer dresses and skirts but see pants as part of our wardrobe and there is a time and place for them.

t-girlxsophie
09-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Nothing like a thread with many replies to get your teeth into Becky.Always nice to get wildly different opinions on a subject

I agree with your summing up, most of us will slip into a nice dress or skirt,but if like me,love changing it up to wearing trousers every so often especially if out and about.heres similar attire with skirt and trousers

Becky Blue
09-27-2018, 01:57 AM
Nikki, question for you, now you have moved from Bodycon dresses to more casual long dresses and are starting to see the benefits of less makeup at times... do you see yourself slowly warming to pants?

Samm
09-27-2018, 05:27 AM
Oh boy, here we go lol

Charlotte7
09-27-2018, 05:39 AM
Have to say that after doing this for 50 years and eschewing trousers, I've come to appreciate that women's trousers are a great (new and growing) addition to my wardrobe. In drab I have also converted to women's jeans. I'm left looking back at what I see now as lost years.

Genifer Teal
09-27-2018, 09:32 AM
I get the idea behind this, especially if you only dress occasionally. I prefer wearing less because my internal thermostat is high. Wearing less helps me stay cooler. There are times when pants or jeans are appropriate and sometimes necessary. It's not a big deal to wear them.

Fran in skirts
09-27-2018, 02:57 PM
When I took to skirts I left the pants in the back of the closet and do not ever want to wear another pair again. When I get up in the morning all I think about is what skirt will I wear today. What will I wear to go with it. Pants are so uncomfortable that I now can not stand to put them on. I do not own womans pants either they don't fit right.
If anyone doesn't like what I am wearing that's their problem not mine.

So skirts and dresses forever!!!

:tw: :jump:

Fran

CrossKimmy
09-27-2018, 04:15 PM
I absolutely love showing off my legs when dressed. I also love love love the feeling of a flowy dress blowing around. It’s so comfy!

With that said trousers and leggings do have a place on my closet. I also have a love affair with cute lounge pants as well.

nikkiwindsor
09-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Nikki, question for you, now you have moved from Bodycon dresses to more casual long dresses and are starting to see the benefits of less makeup at times... do you see yourself slowly warming to pants?

Hi Bec,
Well, first I must dispel the notion that I've moved from Bodycon dresses to more casual long dresses. I still love my Bodycon dresses and now I've added maxis to the mix for a more well-rounded wardrobe and the surprised enjoyment of flowing long and beautiful dresses that are also more comfortable to wear. So, just as you share with the benefits of less makeup at times (in fact, more often than the glamorous style I use to always embrace) there is still times for Bodycon dresses too. But, I'll be honest, I prefer wearing my maxi dresses to the Bodycon dresses. I never in a million years (well it was after more than 43 years of dressing) would I have thought I would like maxis over Bodycon. As for pants, I really don't like them so check in with me in more than 43 years from now and we'll see if I've changed my mind...doubtful! Nikki

Becky Blue
10-02-2018, 02:15 AM
Nikki, now that you have opened your mind to fashion alternatives i feel its a slippery slope for you :daydreaming: maybe within 10 years we can see you in tight jeans?
In all seriousness if I am going to dress 20 times a year 19 times I would be in a dress or skirt as they are so obviously feminine, but a tight pair of jeans or leggings can be great once in a while...

EllieOPKS
10-03-2018, 09:44 PM
I have found ladies low cut jeans fit me really really well and I love leggings and capris. I try and follow what women wear and pantaloons are a common part of their wardrobe so I include them in mine.

Leslie Mary S
10-12-2018, 12:00 AM
I still haven't jumped onto the pants wagon even though I have two pair around here somewhere.

Becky Blue
10-12-2018, 12:32 AM
So does that make you a Maybepanter Leslie?

Leslie Mary S
10-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Maybe. :)

Tina B.
10-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Pro pants here, leggings slacks, jeans, I have them all. I'm not one to count my clothes, to many for that. But I must have as many pants as skirts, and wear both equally. and I find nothing any more feminine than a pair of side zippered slacks. no mans pants fit or look like them. the other day, I saw a women out shopping wearing a pair of black pants, with a rear zipper, reminded me of years gone by, and again, no mans pant feels or looks like them. now I'm on the hunt for a pair of them. Don't get me wrong, I love my skirts and dresses, but some days pants just feel right, and go well with casual tops.

Andrea2656
10-12-2018, 09:35 PM
It has all been said. We need to be comfortable with who we are. For me, skinny jeans and leggings are an element of dressing en femme. I workout in my sports bra and leggings. Part of my crossdressing.

Janine cd
10-12-2018, 09:51 PM
I love wearing femme jeans every day in place of men jeans. I never wear femme slacks,but might try them if it gets cold enough.

JaytoJillian
10-13-2018, 06:03 AM
Pants rule. Leggings rule. Jeans rule. All of these can be undeniably feminine and stylish. What Jessica said!

Becky Blue
10-16-2018, 12:19 AM
To me dressing is not just about the look but also the feel... which again makes in interesting comparison between skirts/dresses and pants/jeans/leggings... like many I totally love the feeling of a skirt or dress... there is something special about that feeling of cool air around your knees or thighs but then again my girly jeans are tight & stretchy and are made of much softer denim and therefore feel completely different to me guy jeans.

Georgina
10-16-2018, 08:05 AM
Only skirts and dresses for me. I am not influenced by the way women dress. I wear trousers for work and look forward to getting out of them after work.

DanielleCD
10-16-2018, 09:19 AM
Not an antipanter. There are slacks that are very feminine.. even jeans that are cut for a woman's body, with a lower cut over the hip.Or higher cut for a woman's higher waist... and tighter fit thru the crotch. Capri's that are tight and stretchy. I wear them and also have skorts. I guess my wardrobe has a big mix including skirts, blouses and dresses. Just love the variety that allows me to dress how ever I am feeling that day.

abby054
10-16-2018, 09:26 AM
When dressing femme, I wear a skirt as often as I can. I associate skirts with femme outfits. I love the look and feel. On the other hand, when I want to blend in, I yield to reality. American women wear pants on most casual occasions and even on many formal occasions. It is just the way it is these days, like it or not. Some women take it to the other extreme. My wife, for example, last wore a skirt in 1993, whining the whole time.

Pants make great camouflage when blending in. They can still look quite femme and remarkably stylish. I am of the opinion that, if I am going to do something, I should do it really well. To learn how to do pants well en femme, I went to jolynneshane.com. Jo Lynne Shane is a fortysomething Philadelphia woman who can style pants (even jeans!) far better than anyone on the Internet. I learned from her for awhile. I now fit in but I actually look better than most American women when I am in pants and in jeans.

For my most recent pedicure appointment on a warm, sunny day, I wore coral skinny jeans, a white lacy top, white huaraches, and carried a black leather bag. I was treated nicely and exactly like all the other women in the shop. Jo Lynne's ideas work!

Becky Blue
10-18-2018, 01:33 AM
Abby interesting that you say pants makes a great camouflage when blending in, I actually see it the opposite... I think the art of blending is to put out as many Female outward signals as possible. People see those markers and don't look further, so to my thinking a dress or skirt screams woman.