PDA

View Full Version : Dressing therapy

Gillian Gigs
05-11-2018, 12:51 PM
I have heard the term retail therapy, well today is my dressing therapy day. I have had a couple of rough weeks and decided that today was dressing therapy day. There is something about a snug bra, camisole, lacy panties, with a favourite skirt and pantyhose that makes for a relaxing day. :) This is just what was needed, a day to get comfortable in some clothes that feel so good against the body. :thumbsup:

Elizabeth G
05-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Hi Gillian,

Good for you! It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Elizabeth

DIANEF
05-11-2018, 01:49 PM
I know what you mean, I'm just coming to the end of an unexpected dress day myself, and it did feel good!

Beverley Sims
05-11-2018, 02:07 PM
I agree with you, when I could dress occasionally it was great therapy and lasted for a couple of weeks before I needed to dress again.

stepanie
05-11-2018, 02:30 PM
I totally understand where you're coming from. I due for one myself!

Jaylyn
05-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Yes dressing therapy is a good solution to a worn out body from stress and work. I did get wear my bra and forms for about an hour today before I went outside to sweat in this heat working on the garden. Should have stayed in the house because I forgot to turn the water off on the tomatoes so I watered half an acre, now the weeds will come and I've created a lot more work for myself. Will be looking for more stress relief soon.

Cherylgyno
05-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Dressing therapy is the best therapy. I have had countless dressing therapy days over the years.
I remember a day shortly after my wife caught me. I had a 72 hr day with only a nap or 2. The area vp called my cell on my way home from work. I went back to the office for a heart to heart (nice way of saying a cursing free for all). I got my point across and left. I made the mistake of taking the office home with me. I called my wife and spilled my guts about all I do for the company yada yada yada.
When I got home my wife had my best clothes laid out on the bed. My problems with work just melted away as I got dressed.
We ate dinner, wife started the hot tub in the back yard. It was dark by this time. Wife put on her I Dream of Genie costume. Fully clothed we sat in the hot tub. What stress.
Dressing therapy is much better than going to see a shrink.

BLUE ORCHID
05-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Hi Gillian :hugs:, Sometimes it is the little things that mean so much. >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

GracieRose
05-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Dressing Therapy.
I never thought of it that way.
I like it.

Stephanie47
05-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Yep, I've mentioned retail therapy a number of times. Today I combined retail therapy with dressing therapy. Yesterday I received a package of my favorite style of panties. Some were colors new to my increasing collection. The pickings on eBay have gotten so slim for slips I've started on Vanity Fair nylon panties. Today my wonderful wife was working for an entire day. Seven hours all to myself. I wore a knee length black and white floral print Merona dress; bra, panty and slip in black; black thigh highs attached to a black garter girdle and black heels. I reorganized the panty and washed and dried some of my unmentionables. All and all a great day. Monday my wife is working another full day. A new dress from Ebay is on the way and should arrive tomorrow. It's a Croft & Barrow brown print.

sometimes_miss
05-12-2018, 01:07 AM
Me too. I use 'dressing therapy' almost daily. But it's only a band aid, because it hurts when I have to rip it all off, as it takes the metaphorical scab with it and I start to bleed away my female self identity again. Then I'm back to where I started; a man who feels like he's supposed to be wearing dresses and behaving like a girl. Sadly, it never really goes away, it never heals. So tomorrow the therapy starts all over again. It's sort of like high blood pressure or diabetes, or even better, psoriasis; you can't really cure it, all you can do is try to cover it up, and keep it all just a little bit under control.

Asew
05-12-2018, 12:28 PM
It is definitely fun and comforting to distract you from your problems, but I also agree with sometimes_miss that it is doesn't really fix anything. So to me it isn't therapy since it is more a distraction from problems rather than real therapy which can help fix other problems.

BrendaPDX
05-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Yep, I am due for some "Dressing therapy". Thanks for the reminder:o

rhonda
05-15-2018, 03:28 AM
That kinda therapy we all can experience and need

Traci H
05-15-2018, 06:39 AM
I am split. I have a day coming up which should give me 6 plus hours to myself. I want to combine some retail therapy with dressing therapy. Just have to decide on the mix. I enjoy both so much.