PDA

View Full Version : Found yet Another Very Welcoming Barre Studio

Sarasometimes
05-11-2018, 02:43 PM
My membership expired at my last barr studio so I had to find a new one so I sent an email about trying out the place and I was offered a free week then a chance to do a month after for $99. My name let the owner know I was male and she included an attire recommendation leggings or sweats, sticky socks and a tank.
I have gone twice in my wmens simple grey tank and black long leggings and then today a different grey tank and black capris. I got lots of hellpes and smiles for mthe women and some nice small talk as well as some complements on my keeping up. I reciprocated with praise for hpw easy they make it look. It is a Pure Barre Studio and the workouts have been very challenging.

Jaylyn
05-11-2018, 03:23 PM
I'm so glad that you found another studio, if its like my running regime I do every other day then I bet you missed the exercising. Only thing different I just run around our place and try to get in at least 12 laps which make a 5 k.

Beverley Sims
05-12-2018, 05:34 AM
If you had not found another studio you would have needed get your own bar to keep your exercises up to date.

Linda E. Woodworth
05-12-2018, 07:48 AM
If you need an recommendation for a portable barre please let me know. I've got a 6 foot one at home for my ballet routines and I love it!

Sarasometimes
05-12-2018, 08:37 AM
I used to do at home barre using a chair for support but I found the group class, studio atmosphere is really important to help me push myself and the support from my classmates is so motivating! Now I have not gone in full blown femme (Actually I haven't wanted to of late) but I have gone in clearly all female clothes and I get the feelling that it doesn't matter to most in attendance (I know not shocking to most here). I also like the all ffeminine atmoshere and pleasantries, small talk, support...

The other big plus is that the teachers give fine tune you body position and form so you get the most out of the workout and do it the best way. I have learned most of those details but we all get corrected and it is amazing how a very slight realignment of, say my shoulders over my hips can make the routine sooo much more challenging!

Lastly, My reason for these updates is to encourage others to consider trying these or other female exercise places as an option to go out and express your femme side, feel welcome and get into better shape.