PDA

View Full Version : What did (or would) it take...

Breanne
03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
The question is, what did or would it take to go out enfemme in public for the first time?
For me it was only after losing some 50 lbs that I could garner up enough confidence that I could look presentable (note, I did no say passable).

Laurie Ann
03-17-2006, 12:29 AM
I just began to feel I had to be out and not just hide in the closet. It was no specific thing just that I felt the time was right.

Holly
03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Well Breanne, for me it took coming to terms within myself... that and an incredible makeover by a professional makeup artist. When she turned me around in that chair and I saw myself in the mirror, I knew at that moment what other people thought no longer mattered. I'm comfortable with who and what I am. I believe with all my heart that being at peace with myself translates to others accepting me, at least to some degree. I know I'm not fooling anyone when I go out, but they don't run away screaming, either. Good thread.

trannie T
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Haloween.
It is the day that you can go out wearing anything you want.

Billijo49504
03-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Breanne, Actually what happened, I had a pizza ordered and was dressed. Then the pizza joint called and said their drivers car had broke down and could I come over and pickup my pizza. And they said it was ready. I didn't have time to change clothes and get the makeup off. The wife said I looked good enough, so I went. Scared as hell, but nothing happened, except the guy took a few bucks off the price.
If that is your picture, in the avatar, you shouldn't have any problems. Try going to Micky D's at night for the drive thru. Just a suggestion. But give something a try, you will be surprised. Good luck...BJ

Breanne
03-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Yes, that is really me in the avatar. Although my opportunities to go out are rare, I have been out several times. My first was at SCC. I even arrived at the hotel enfemme...what a thrill!

ReginaK
03-17-2006, 03:29 AM
It would take a pill that would make me invisible.

But seriously, i'd like to lose some weight and get a decent wig. Then i'd probably go out more.

sparks
03-17-2006, 03:50 AM
A damn hell of a lot of razors and therapy! Excuse me but is that rouge on your stubble! Gawd!

Joy Carter
03-17-2006, 06:32 AM
I just recently was outed and a good friend GG ran into recently.We had not seen each other for over five years and she had heard of my other persona.She hugged me so tight and she sead that she was not surprised when she heard.She told me that she saw me not like all the other men. I was always kind gental and open. She told me that we will always be friends and she hugged me two more times. I think it was a little emtional for her as well as for me. This was the first time I have felt that my gender differance was was really a positive thing. JOY

AnnaMaria
03-17-2006, 06:42 AM
My first time out was to attend the Be All in Chicago last year. I showed up dressed and my wife and I had a great time. I even went shopping once while we were there. I was scared out of my wits but my wife being at my side did help quit a bit and now I am looking forward to going again this year. I have even been thinking of going on an outing in Chicago this year while we are there if my wife is up for it and if we have time.

Of course it also helps that I have since then become much more comfortable with myself and the fact that I am who I am that makes the whole thing easier to deal with.

anna

cindybarnes
03-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Hi Breanne,

What got me out for the first time was finding some local girls online. They were both Southern Belle members and I was sure they were not just some internet trolls.
We just had a girls chat and some wine before I had to go,(wife gave me a strict curfew since she was realy worried)
But its been great ever since and I will always remember those first steps out!!

Cindy

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 07:14 AM
A wig :D

sharifemme
03-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I had just come out to my wife and joined tri-Ess and the old Southern Tier Gals online group. STG was having a picnic at a park near Ithaca and my wife and I decided to go to meet others like us. There isn't much support here in redneck country so we were really hoping to find like minded people. I admit I had been out before this en femme but this was the first time ever in daylight in a public place where people could see me.

Sharifemme

Sharon B.
03-17-2006, 08:31 AM
The first time I went out, just felt tired of getting dressed and staying inside.
One morning I decide I was going to go out even is was only for a drive, I did and met my neighbor as she was leaving for work. Just smiled and gave a wave like I have been doing it all of my life.
I haven't looked back, now need to go shopping as a woman not just out for drives as one.

Sharon
03-17-2006, 08:33 AM
It took me a big bowlful of courage and a angst-filled determination to loosen my self-concsiousness. I started small, by just taking small drives at night, but over time, I began to spend time in the local park, and from there I eventually started going to the market, coffeeshop, and just about anywhere else.

If I didn't do this, I was destined to spend all my days alone, hidden in my home, as dressing is just the tip-of-the-iceburg to me.

Oh! I'm still self-conscious as all get out, but a little anxiety is well worth being free to be me (hmmm, sounds like a good title for a book).

michellecd9999
03-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Like Holly, it was seeing e made over and I felt like I could be accpted or "pass" out in public. I had been on the internet for years reading on sites (not this one) about Cding. At least I knew I was not alone. I saw there was a lady in the Atlanta area who does makeovers on CD's. I emailed her and then we set up a time and date. She has all that you need or you can bring your own. I had a few clothes, but not a good wig. I went and she did the makeover and was very encouraging to me. She also complimented my feminine movements and said she would take me out in public anytime as she thought I would be passable. My size (5'7" and medium build) helps but always wish I were thinner!). She encouraged me to get a good wig and bresast forms and go out to a Tri-ess meeting, which I did. Things went well. I can't get out often because my wife of 26 yrs does not know.
I have been out a few times since, but it was just knowing that I would not look like some monster from the lagoon that gave me the courage to step out!
Michelle

Nikki Dee
03-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Purely desire and fascination overcoming fear.!
Nikki. x

TGMarla
03-17-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd require a good opportunity when I know I could come home to an empty house. That's not an easy thing for me by any means. Although I know my wife's schedule, there is another person who lives in our house who keeps no regular hours, and could pop in at any time. It's a big inhibiting factor, so I don't press my luck. One of these days, though.....