PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress your age?

Jenny Warren
03-17-2006, 06:53 AM
DISCLAIMER: I don't want to upset anyone with this.

When you get yourself into femme mode, do you dress your age?

I ask this because I frequently see pictures of 40 and 50 year old crossdressers dressed in miniskirts and low cut tops that would look OK on a girl in her twenties.

Another thing I notice is older tv's dressed as schoolgirls and I wonder what their motivation is.

Obviously, fancy dress parties and Halloween are a different situation.

Jenny

Gemma Rhodes
03-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Yes, I think I do. I'm not into the tarty or schoolgirl look, I just like to dress how I think a woman my age would, the "girl next door" type.

Gemma xx

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 07:19 AM
I do dress my age, but not my real age. When dressed I look a bit younger than 50, so I dress a little younger.

As for short skirts, if the legs fit, wear them, but not too short. I would wear shorter skirts, if I wasn't overweight, because my legs are my best feature.

S. Lisa Smith
03-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes. I want to look like the woman I would have been had I been born a GG. I dress like a woman in her mid 50's. That's not so bad because 60 is the new 40 and I can wear stylish clothes, just like any 50 year old woman.

Tina Dixon
03-17-2006, 07:23 AM
I think I do, I have a yellow dress that I put on may be a little younger for me but not to much.

Phillis
03-17-2006, 07:25 AM
I am in my 60's and try to dress appropriately. Usually I dress for around toe age of 40 or above. If I try to dress and look younger, I look like a **** so short skirts and low cut tops does not do any thing for me, although I do wear them in the house during hot weather to try to keep cool.:)

Maddie
03-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I try to dress my age, but i find at my size most of the clothes are longer skirts and dresses and make me look older.

i try to find things that may be more stylist. I don't want to stand out i want to get lost in the food store :)

Eric/a
03-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Hmmm, this is the hardest thread I've tried to answer so far, because for me it's "sometimes yes and sometimes no!" I've got outfits I picked out because I saw something like it on women who might have been in their 30s or 40s - not that I asked them! In those outfits, I'm dressing my age or older. Of course, when it comes to schoolgirl skirts and blouses or "Little Girl" fantasy dresses, that's another story. I think the reason a lot of CDs like outfits like that is because it represents something we missed when we were those ages. I don't even know how many GGs wear dresses like that when they're little!

Sometimes, though, the same accessories that go with little girl dresses, like petticoats and ruffled panties, can also be worn under French maid dresses or square dance outfits, and both of those are worn by adult GGs - well, in certain instances!

MsEva
03-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes. I want to look like the woman I would have been had I been born a GG. I dress like a woman in her mid 50's. That's not so bad because 60 is the new 40 and I can wear stylish clothes, just like any 50 year old woman.
:iagree:

Now when I started dressing and for many years after that, my main dress was more of the tarty look..now I adore the soccer mom look!:happy:

sharifemme
03-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Most of the time I do try to dress near my age but once in a while I do have a need to wear a shorter skirt, a lower cut top, and heels that are just a bit higher. I really can't get into wearing things that are just too manish though. My wife is the one who wears the pants in our relationship, as it should be. Women have worked hard to be accepted in manish clothing just as we work hard to be accepted in skirts and dresses! LoL!

Sharifemme

Sharon
03-17-2006, 08:25 AM
When I go out, I dress my age. When I'm inside, or at least within the boundaries of my yard, I dress any dang way I'm in the mood to dress, and, sometimes, that means miniskirts.

suanne
03-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Well.....this isn't hard for me to answer. I am almost 60 and I dress for just ME. I don't go out and have not shared any pics other than what is floating around here on the forum. I choose not to look like Mrs Doubtfire so....... I like the tarty look. Do I understand you that you think 40 and 50 year old cders should not wear short skirts and low cut tops? Well alot of us shouldn't wear womens clothing at all. But that isn't what we are about. I see a group of people here on the forum being able to express themselves as they feel and if you look at the picture posted here you can see some of us more mature girls look darn good in mini shirts and low cut tops, and there are some of who are a little wanting in appearance. But no matter...we each have our own tastes and you have yours and thats quite ok. I just hope none of us would stop posting pictures because we are afraid "we don't look our age, or look good enough." Also I might add that some of our 20 or so girls are very hot looking. I am soooooo jealous!

p.s. I am not upset in the least. Thanks for the thread Jenny. Oh yes! Sharon, you go girl!

Suanne

VeronicaMoonlit
03-17-2006, 09:34 AM
DISCLAIMER: I don't want to upset anyone with this.

When you get yourself into femme mode, do you dress your age?

I try to.

I ask this because I frequently see pictures of 40 and 50 year old crossdressers dressed in miniskirts and low cut tops that would look OK on a girl in her twenties.

Don't forget the 60 year olds in miniskirts. :-) or more accurately too short miniskirts. I think some crossdressers get "stuck" at a certain "fashion age".

Some just think that clothes for women their age are frumpy. I think those ladies just aren't shopping well and just aren't seeing all the options available. The "lady who lunches" look worn by certain board members of a certain age is never frumpy.

And some really do want to look like ho's.

Another thing I notice is older tv's dressed as schoolgirls and I wonder what their motivation is.

Fetishization of schoolgirls, from what I hear, Japan is even worse in that regard. Which is why I'm opposed to putting public school girls in uniforms, because I think it would make the problem even worse here. Probably have horndogs sitting in public places waiting for the girls to walk by to and from school so they could ogle them.

Obviously, fancy dress parties and Halloween are a different situation.

Jenny

And of course, clothes worn only at home, and not out in public

Veronica

Nikki Dee
03-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Yes.!...I THINK I do..!!...My wife tells me I do.!...I just go for the everyday type wear generally...but I do have my mini-skirts etc. for when I have my more private "tarty" moments.!!...a girl has to have a choice.!
Nikki. x

Denise01
03-17-2006, 09:46 AM
I am in my 60's and when I dress i do dress for my age, ( within 10 years ).
I live in a rural area with a lot of narrow minded individuals who will not understand alternate life styles.
When out shopping femme, i always try to dress as the other girls will be, which is slacks most of the time in the winter as I like to be able to blend in, and be one of the girls.
It makes it a lot easier to be accepted as a lady, and be treated as one, if you dress to blend in with the flow

Denise

PAULINE61
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm in my mid 40's and dress for that age, luckily I can use my wife's fashion sense as a guide.

Alexandria
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Well, being a young gal here, I tend to dress my age in cute trendy outfits, miniskirts, etc.

But often I enjoy dressing in a more sophisticated outfit with a satin blouse, professional business suit, etc. My GG friends hate it and say I dress like their grandmothers, but I can't help but love the feel and the look of dressing up as a professional woman. Often I really pull it off and blow them away :).

TVStevie
03-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Not really. I don't get out and about and I prefer the trampy look anyway, so there's little point in me going for something conservative. :D

Gemma Rhodes
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Yes.!...I THINK I do..!!...My wife tells me I do.!...I just go for the everyday type wear generally...

Hi Nikki,

Well everytime I have met you, you definately come across as a smartly dressed woman in her mid 30's. ;) ;)

Gemma xx

JoAnnDallas
03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
As you can tell from my avatar, I dress my around my age. I find it is easier to blend in if I dress that way. I might wear a skirt or dress that where the helm is 2-3" above my knee, but that is about the limit.

Toni
03-17-2006, 10:25 AM
If you go by my avatar then it looks like I don't dress my age but I really do as my profile picture shows.

TGMarla
03-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes, I think so. I wear what I like, and it seems a bit age-appropriate. I really don't care much for what younger women are wearing most of the time. Heck, they act like wearing a dress would kill them, but it would be nice to see young ladies wearing skirts and dresses a bit more. I guess I'll have to take up some of the slack.

Karren H
03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Yean and no! When I go out shopping enfemme I dress more conservatively. Maybe like some one in their 30s or early 40s. But went I dress for fun its definately youngerish!!!! Hehehe. And why not. If it makes me feel good!!!! I don't go out in a miniskirt because it wouldn't be passable. Well. Ok. I did wander around the hotel a couple times in a miniskirt. But I was looking for a pop machine. Lol.

Love Karren

stephannie
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I Dress How I Feel
If I feel like dresing in a mini skirt, then I do,

If i want to be a schoolgirl, then I dress that way, after all I was never a schoolgirl in my youth, so I am reliving the youth I never had.

If I want to dress as french maid, then I do.

If I want to dress in one of my four Wedding dresses then I do.

Yes I dress as I feel

Oh My age, 55 but I feel 21

stephannie:)

Meag
03-17-2006, 11:14 AM
No I don't dress my age, I'm 70 and I don't like what I see 70 year old women wearing. I have promised my wife that I will not go outside dressed. So since I only dress at home I dress like I want. I am here most of the time and I don't have a wig and haven't learnt now to do make-up, YET. Since my wife has accepted me wearing skirts at home with her present, I stay within what she will accept, No Bra's. And when she is here I just wear skirts with t-shirts. The other day I had on a cami under my t-shirt and she saw the outline of the cami. She asked if it was a slip, and I told her, no it is a cami, she just said OK.

I started wearing support hose to help stop the swelling in the lower legs and feet, I really liked the look of my legs in hose. So needless to say, I wear skirts that are mid thigh so I can look down and see my legs, so I wear skirt that a younger girl would wear. I do have longer ones, but I prefer the shorter one, like in avatar, which is my fav. I like silky blouses, but she has not me in them.

She has gone this far with my dressing, I hope that I will be able to go a little farther, in time. Maybe in time I will be able to go out, dressed. I know why she get bend out of shape about the cami, is because she said, if I was going to wear skirts, I was to always wear a slip. So if I have a slip on under the t-shirt, what can she say? I never in my wildest dreams thought she would accept me in women clothes, but she has. Many days I'm dressed all the time, of course with the exception of the blouse and bra, while she is here.

So I dress the way that it makes me feel good, clothes that make me feel comfortable and I can get my household work done in comfort. Being retired and her not, I am the women of the house. Her latest thingshe wants is for me to wear an apron in the kitchen, but I am haveing a hard time finging on that is like I want, one with ruffles on it.
Any sugestions?

Meag

Lindahexi
03-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Jenny,

I dress in anything that pleases me, regardless of what age I am. I love mini-skirts and lots of stuff that is in fact way too young for me, but as I only do so in the privacy of my own home, I feel that It's my prerogative to do so. If I worried about what other CD's think I should wear, half the fun of dressing would be denied me.

Reana
03-17-2006, 11:22 AM
If being in my late 50s and preferring minis, low cut tops, and tight fitting body wear means I'm not dressing my age, then I'm very guilty. The last thing that concerns me relating to age is what might be considered "appropriate" dress based on birthdate. I have always lusted after the GGs that dressed this way and now I am trying to look like one. lol :happy:

DeeDee420
03-17-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm 36, 5'9", 155lbs. I love short skirts and stuff and I've been told I look really HOT in the "school girl outfit" that I have. I really couldnt honestly say if I "dress my age" though.

Alison Anderson
03-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Not that there`s anything wrong with looking like a 40 yrld woman, many look sensational and of course, even above and beyond 40! But if I can wind back the magic clock with fashion and makeup, I sure will!

OK, for sure often I will look my age but I`m realizing my own fantasy with my "hobbie" arn`t I? I would be pretty sure to bet we would all like to be younger (accept maybe for those hideous, skinny, perfect skinned teenagers, Pah! spit! Spit! LOL). I like to imagine I am about 30 something ish? maybe?

I know very well I can`t get away with mid riffs and mini skirts, unless for private pleasure but there Is no way, no matter how old I get will I start wearing grannie cardies and blue hair!

Rikkicn
03-17-2006, 11:57 AM
When I go out to do errands I dress my age. When I go to parties I dress the was sexy women, my age, often dress.
When I go to an event with an alternatve life style crowd I dress like a femme or lipstick lesbian. It's all fun!
I dress many different ways depending on where I'm going and how I feel and how much I want to shoe in terms of legs and cleavage.

Great question!
Rikki

EricaCD
03-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes and no. When I am dressing to indulge my desire to look as passable as possible, I tend to dress to look late 20's to early 30's (though I am 36). I typically run to shorter skirts because (i) I think I have nice legs, (ii) I want people to notice my legs and not my shoulders/back/neck/chest/etc., and (iii) most skirts run short on me anyway. But I do try to avoid looking trampy.

However, I frequently dress to engage in fantasies. If dressing as a schoolgirl or cheerleader, I make myself look younger. If dressing in a cheongsam or Sailor Moon costume, I might add an asiatic emphasis to eyes and hair. If dressing as a Hooters girl, I magically grow cleavage (Ok, I lied about the last one). Point being, that for me dressing in all forms is escapism and I try to look whatever part I am assuming.

I have no idea why I dress as a schoolgirl or cheerleader. I suspect the answer is in the same book that explains why I dress as a woman. For now I am done with figuring out why and I am just going with it.

Love,
Erica

DeeDee420
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes and no. When I am dressing to indulge my desire to look as passable as possible, I tend to dress to look late 20's to early 30's (though I am 36). I typically run to shorter skirts because (i) I think I have nice legs, (ii) I want people to notice my legs and not my shoulders/back/neck/chest/etc., and (iii) most skirts run short on me anyway. But I do try to avoid looking trampy.

However, I frequently dress to engage in fantasies. If dressing as a schoolgirl or cheerleader, I make myself look younger. If dressing in a cheongsam or Sailor Moon costume, I might add an asiatic emphasis to eyes and hair. If dressing as a Hooters girl, I magically grow cleavage (Ok, I lied about the last one). Point being, that for me dressing in all forms is escapism and I try to look whatever part I am assuming.

I have no idea why I dress as a schoolgirl or cheerleader. I suspect the answer is in the same book that explains why I dress as a woman. For now I am done with figuring out why and I am just going with it.

Love,
Erica

sounds good to me Erica!:happy: you know what you like and enjoy and that's all that matters.

Cheers,
DeeDee

Bernice
03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I hate pants. Most women in this part of the country who are my age wear only pants. So no, I guess I don't dress my age. However, I clearly dress older than I used to. I wish now that I hadn't shortened so many of my skirts quite so short. I didn't leave enough to let the hem back out. Many are more than 3 inches above the knee. That is no longer "me". I may purge my microskirts and super short dresses (tunics). They take up a lot of room, and I rarely wear them.

I'm tall enough that it is very hard to find a floor length skirt or dress. Many end up that awkward length just above the ankle. I shorten them to about knee length these days. The rule in school in the fifties was if your hem didn't touch the floor when you are on your knees, it's too short. That applies to me nowadays.

Hugs,

Bernice

Gail Stauffer
03-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I try to dress as appropriately as a girl my age would!! when I get a digital camera , you all will see some of my nice outfits & dresses!!

Janelle Young
03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Most of the time I think I dress close to my age, but sometimes I don't. Most of my dresses are, at least I think they are, appropriate for a 40 ish woman. A lot of my skirts are as well. Some of my skirts are way too short and I wear them a lot anyway. Just depends on my mood at the time. My shoes tend to be on the younger side. If I ever go out I think I will be in pants, flat heels and try to be very conservitive.

Mitzi
03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm an old biddy, but due to having chosen the right parents, I look a lot younger than my chronological age, both as a guy and as a girl. Even so, I like to dress even younger, but no longer in minis. Nowadays when I go out en femme, I tend to get more looks than before. I wonder if there's a bigger disconnect between my face and my clothes. (Surely it can't be because they see a guy in a dress!! :happy: )

The other day, a TS friend, who knows how old I am, remarked how lucky I was. "How so?", fully expecting her to say how young I looked...but no, "You can dress the way you do now, but if you were your age a generation ago, you would've had to wear granny stuff and (ugh!) sensible shoes", thud...

Mitzi

Emily Ann Brown
03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but I dress what I think I can pull off....and never the tart look. I often am guessed as 40 and I try to dress as a fashionable 40 yr old.....too bad I'm 55.

Emily Ann

barbie lanai
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I recently went through my closet and discarded most all the short skirts & dresses. Figure the replacements will tend to be more grannie like.

Bev06 GG
03-17-2006, 05:24 PM

Yep thats a good answer. Who the hell cares if you dress too young. Anything goes nowadays and if youve got it flaunt it. The only thing that really gets my goat is that alot of TGs got much better legs than I have. Bitches
Love n hugs
BEVxxx

rachelusissy
03-17-2006, 05:31 PM
i don`t dress my age long skirts and knitted cardigans do nothing for me but then again i only go out dressed with my wife as she drives so if im happy dressed like a teen going to a dance club and my wife says i look sexy ill be a young chick till im 70.

Julie Avery
03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I only fully dress at home, and I really don't go age-appropriate. It seems to me at 51 that my senior year of high school was about seven years ago.....

Deborah
03-17-2006, 06:02 PM
That depends. I'm 35 and my better self is only 24. So yes i do dress my age ;)

Snookums
03-17-2006, 06:23 PM
no way do I dress like a 56 year old,ya don't see many 56 year old GG's here in low rise jeans and pointed toe stilettos :)

Teresa Amina
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Don't go for the Party Girl look anyway so a reasonably close to age look feels good. Have always thought women in their mid-thirties look the best so as a reasonably young looking 50 year old that age is the look I shoot for.

Sam-antha
03-17-2006, 07:06 PM
OMG NO
I still like the above the knee skirts, and given the country is filled with strangely dressed tourists, I still wear the short skirt, denim or otherwise.
Cycling I go dressed as a cyclist, not usually en femme, since all that amounts to is a filled bra, but it is nice to sit so beside the busy road, or have a walk on the hillside so padded.
As someone said, if your legs stand for it stand them to be seen.

Raychel
03-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes I do dress age appropriate. I dress just like a middle aged married crossdresser. Since that is what I am I guess that would be age appropriate.

Sweet Susan
03-17-2006, 08:08 PM
I dress to please myself, not others. I'm probably dressing too young, but I think I look okay doing it.

Julie Avery
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM
I dress to please myself, not others. I'm probably dressing too young, but I think I look okay doing it.

That's what I do.

Bernice
03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Here's another reason I dress younger than I am: My wigs are not turning grey like I am. I'll be darned if I am going to buy a salt & pepper wig! I have too much money invested already. So If I can pass for 49 in a wig, I'll dress that way (or even younger)!

Hugs,

Bernice

dianem
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I find that it's hard enough to pass. So, I want to try to pass for my age, not some very young woman. However, I would love to wear a short skirt with 3"+ heels sometime just to see what it's like.

Rachel Morley
03-17-2006, 09:40 PM
When I go out, I dress my age. When I'm inside, or at least within the boundaries of my yard, I dress any dang way I'm in the mood to dress, and, sometimes, that means miniskirts.

Yep! me too :) At home I dress in whatever makes me feel nice and if that leans a little bit towards "fantasy dressing" like a French maid's outfit or a school girl outfit then so be it. Having said that 90% of the time I dress just a little bit younger than I do when I go out in public. In public I always dress my age.

Kathycd
03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi there:

I am 58 and enjoy dressing of course. But I do dress my age or try to. I enjoy skirts and matching tops or mix and match. The skirt or dress length is usually at knee give or take and inch or two. I have 3 skirt and top out fits of the same style but in colors that can mix and match giving me several choices.

Whan it comes to color, I like the dark skirt with a coral blouse or the lighter blue hues. Red is in my wardrobe as well, still one needs to dress their age to fit better with the mind set of present day fashion. I more or less, leave the not so my age for the lingere. I know it is there, I know how it makes me feel sexy, and with a slight smile, others may think me a dull dresser.

hugs,

Kathycd from Oklahoma

Lindahexi
03-19-2006, 06:23 PM
However, I would love to wear a short skirt with 3"+ heels sometime just to see what it's like.

It's great, you'd love it!:happy:

Adrienne Heels
03-19-2006, 06:28 PM
I think I dress my age...but I do love to wear very high heels...but I think a sexy 51 year old woman would do the same

Karyn

carol ann
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
its hard to judge but i do not try look to look like a teenager. Rather the mature woman i think I am when dressed

JeanneF
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I definitely dress my age. I pretty much dress like any other girl in her late 20s dresses. My style is pretty much just typical big city girl...jeans, pointy-toe heels, blazers, flirty tops, etc.