PDA

View Full Version : Hairy again....Ick!

Traci H
05-27-2018, 08:11 AM
I have become quite accustomed to having much of my hair removed. Legs for a long time and chest for the last year. The stuff on the legs seemed to have given up, but the chest was a constant battle.

Well summer is here and I in fact have rented a large lake home for a week for all my kids to come and enjoy. It is something we have done before and it is a great time for all.

My wife however got a little upset with my lack of chest hair, saying it looked like I was on chemo. I reluctantly decided to abandon the shaving until after this vacation. The leg hair is virtually nonexistent, but the chest is returning. Thus all will be good for swimming and the like, but gees do I hate it! I realize now how much I despise the stuff and can’t wait to put the epilator back on the job.

Have you ever had to do the same to keep the peace?

Traci

Linda E. Woodworth
05-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Yes, for years I'd shave in the winter when I could hide it under bulky clothes and let it grow out as the seasons warmed up. Only to start all over again in the fall.

Now, that the kids have finally moved out I've been hairless for over 1 year and love it!

My youngest, 20 years old, finally noticed my smooth legs earlier this month. She asked her mother who replied that it helps keep up my ballet tights, all true!

Good luck over the summer and don't worry I guarantee that fall will be here in a few months!

Joyce Swindell
05-27-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm in the same boat with you now.... except that my wife doesn't really care and whatever I decide is fine. Next month I have a family reunion and it's at a swimming pool! Also my hair on my head is longer than many women's hair. So...to shave or not to shave? (not my head...lol)

I have my back waxed regularly so my wife suggests I claim (to any that may ask) I wax to stay cool in the Florida weather and it just looks silly being harry on the front and smooth on the back.

My legs are the same as yours....no hair from the knees down. But they're a bit harry above the knees. Again....to shave or not to shave?

My conclusion is to just let it all grow until after the reunion. I haven't been to a family reunion in over 10 year's so I'm good with that decision. However....the next group meeting is scheduled the weekend before leaving to go to the reunion and is also at a swimming pool! So many things going on...and this is just the beginning of summer!!!

Ahh well....Life's a journey!

Teresa
05-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Traci,
It shouldn't be so much of a problem these days , I believe Nivea have an ad running promoting chest shaving products , so we hopefully some can start to breathe easy in the knowledge celebs /sportsmen are promting these products .

OK it's part of my daily routine along with legs and othetr areas but at least I don't have anyone to explain it to anymore .

Stephanie47
05-27-2018, 10:52 AM
I don't have a problem with hair, either due to genetics or aging. I think the key is not to present with hair EVER. Go to any beach or pool and many, if not most, of the young men and even older guys are hairless. It seems television shows and movies are fairly hairless. It took my daughter decades before she noticed I do not have hair follicles on my legs. I have no hair on the legs nor under the arms. My wife says it's wasted on a guy, i.e., never having to shave my legs or underarms.

FrannGurl
05-27-2018, 11:34 AM
I shave my legs daily or at least every other day, and my chest and rest of my body( including under my arms ) as needed. Chest hair has never been an issue as I have little of it, but cant stand body hair on me in any form at all.

Sidney
05-27-2018, 12:18 PM
My wife has never commented one way or the other. I shave everything from the neck down every other day. I really hate hair. I like the feeling of smooth hairless skin.

Richelle423
05-27-2018, 05:25 PM
I’m blessed not having too much hair. I regularly shave my body about 2x a week all year round.

Sashauk
05-28-2018, 04:08 AM
Apart from my lower arms (the bit that shows in a short sleeve shirt) my body is completely hair free. I have been shaving, epilating and using home laser hair reduction for a few years now so there is very little regrowth and all I need is a once a week epilate to keep it that way.

DIANEF
05-28-2018, 04:25 AM
I'm very fortunate in being relatively hair free, just a few whisps on my legs and arms. My wife has never commented on it but does say she 'hates' hairy men.

Beverley Sims
05-28-2018, 05:33 AM
Luckily no, I just go around hairless, others think it as a freak of nature.

Charona
05-28-2018, 07:32 AM
If you ever watch Dancing With the Stars you might have noticed the men have hairless chests. There have even been interludes wherein they showed the men having wax jobs (and sometimes howling in apparent agony). If it is okay for those men to appear on national TV with hairless bodies it should be okay for anyone else.

--Nina--
05-28-2018, 06:18 PM
I have had to shave all my body hair off in school for the swim team. Then after working with tar and it some how getting allover and having to pull hair out to get cleaned up. I have bin keeping hairless for the better part of 30 years now. I get it all waxed so now it don't come back as much just in some places. so when the girl friends ask I tell them I don't like having body hair now.

WandaRae2009
05-28-2018, 07:49 PM
When it comes to manscaping, I think that chest shaving is one of the most common. How many of the Athletes, Actors, male models in ads, do you see hairy chests?

Stephanie Julianna
05-28-2018, 09:44 PM
I lived like that for years. Like you I lost all the hair on my legs years ago. Than I had major surgery 2 years ago and lost all my remaining body hair. Now when a hair pops up on my chest I pluck it off. All the family knows the why and what of my hair loss so I don't have to explain my hairless chest, arms, and arm pits. I love this side effect but don't recommend having your sigmoid colon removed to get the same results. It's a rare response.

April Rose
05-28-2018, 09:54 PM
I've been keeping my legs, back and torso hairless for a while now, with no comments from anyone , including my doctor, who I went to with a knee problem. I can't guarantee that no one will say BOO!, but it's unlikely.

Becky Blue
05-28-2018, 10:45 PM
I can really relate Traci, I hate my body hair its my main source of GD... alas my lovely wife loves her men to have as much chest and leg and arm hair as possible.. she knows I dont like it, but she would freak out if i shaved it... when she goes away i shave/wax the day she leaves, and then sadly watch it growing back , little buggers never seem to stop sighhh.

Rachelakld
05-29-2018, 04:41 AM
Just DON"T shave your legs in a public pool - certainly made out headlines today (along with Frances "spider man")

Sashauk
05-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Just DON"T shave your legs in a public pool - certainly made out headlines today (along with Frances "spider man")
Yes I saw that news item too - quite gross. :eek:

Jenny22
05-29-2018, 05:31 PM
I never had chest or back hair. Due to age, the leg hair is almost gone. I do shave (clippers) my arms, and can get it really close so they appear hairless. I don't shave my pits as they are never seen by anyone.

Ashley090
05-30-2018, 04:36 AM
To be honest it is quite strange comment from your wife. For me at least, but I am not one who can judge.
I personaly keep most of body hair free. That mean shaving legs, arms, arms pit. Luckly no back or chest hair, less work for me. Never get any comments just noticed some surprised looks, but most ppl dont even notice.

And i hate bodyhair since I shave it. Feels cleaner, more trim is the right word? I dont like to look like a bear :D who does anyway...

Traci H
05-30-2018, 06:36 AM
I have decided I will keep the hair for this one upcoming vacation and then I am going to remove it again. The balance of the summer and going forward should be hair free. Call it what you may, I’ll grant my wife this.

I appreciate all the input girls. Always good to share a perspective.

Just wait until I tell her I’m going to get my ears pierced after we get back!!

Traci