PDA

View Full Version : Temptation Got The Better Of Me...

Girl.Faye
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, I have returned (sort of) and I have a story to tell you all.

I just returned from a trip to Montreal for 2 weeks. Before I left, I was sort of out of my drag loop, dressing seemed to be very sparse for me and I didn't have the effort or mentality to go about it. When I packed my stuff for the 2 weeks, I didn't pack anything femmine related... That said, to go with the topic title, temptation won me over. It was probably about a week through my little vacation where I was left alone (I was staying at my brother's place and I had a few occasions where I was left alone to explore the city). The first thing that kicked into my mind was, "I need something to wear!" I figured, since I was not in my home town, I thought I was up for a little devious adventure.

First day I had I went to the local Phrama Prix, and bought myself a pair of fishnet stockings. Sure, it nearly took me 30 minutes just to get myself into the right isle, but my courage finally built up after waiting around in the health food isle for the isle to empty completely. After that step, I was home free, I used the back door cash register and with little to no funny looks from the attendant, I was home free. My first purchase!

So, with my first accomplishment, my courage built that much more. I had another day all to myself, and I was a little more daring this time. I went to the nearest Bay (Canadian retail outlet store) and found myself taking the escalator up to the woman's lingere level. Ugh, was that ever hard, being the only male on that level looking through womans lingere. I kept drilling, "They don't care, or know who I am!" through my head, but it hardly worked. Finally, after an hour or so, I mustered up what little courage I had remaining (I found myself going inbetween so many different floors pretending I was lost, eventually returning to the lingere floor again) I grabs the first pair of good looking panties I could see. Scrunching them up in my hand, I again made my way to a not so populated checkout, and purchased them. Was I ever sweating like a pig from sheer worry. :D

With my confidence boosted that much more, I was ready to return to the preivous Phrama Prix. This time, I bought a pair of thigh high stockings and another pair of fishnets (bigger holes - the first pair were small holed fishnets). I was a bit lucky too, the Halloween stuff was out on sale at the time, so I had an excuse this time ;). Making my way to the back door checkout again, I had a few odd looks and sufficed laughter from the sales lady. I convinced myself she was only laughing because of the language mix-up... She was trying to speak to me in French. It worked, sort of ;p

With 3 purchases complete, I was once again ready to take on my final goal... I returned the The Bay, and this time with pure confidence, strolled up into the lingere floor. Ugh, did I ever pick a bad day... I got up there and it was jam packed with women, I instantly caught the next escalator to the next floor again acting like a lost customer. Apparently shopping on a Sunday in a very busy part in the city is not a good idea ;)

However, I returned the next day. The coast was clear--nice and quiet. I walked in, with my hoodie up, and actually browsed and found what I wanted. A sale on for 3 pairs of panties, and I also bought a black silky top. This time though, I came prepared. I had my notebook out in hand pretending I was shopping for someone else. I had a story all lined up in my head that I was a photographer who shot female models, and my studio needed a new supply. A fake list, and it got me all the way to the checkout again. I was forced to wait in line for quite awhile as the two women in front of me had some sort of dispute on their previous purchase... My turn came up, and the lady behind the till blatently said quite loudly in French, "Le monsieur, comment peux-je pouvoir vous aider?" (My French is terrible...). There were a few people behind me in the line, and I caught a few giggles, but I made the purchase and left. On the way out, I caught the eye of anothe man on the level. We both looked at eachother in embarrasment and hurrided away quickly, too funny.

So, in total, my first purchase list comes out to this:

4 Pairs of panties (2 thongs, 2 panties)
3 Pairs of Stockings (2 fishnets, 1 thigh high)
1 Silky Black Top

Was that ever fun. Amazing, they all fit perfectly fine as well. I didn't really think about anything when I grabbed the items. I just took whatever I could and went as quickly as I could.

Anyways, hopefully I'll be nosing around the forums more often, you'll probably hear from me soon.

--
Faye

Chrissycd
10-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Your story struck a chord with me, and had me laughing hysterically b/c I identify with it so well. ;)
Chrissy

Tristen Cox
10-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Tales of adventure! Wonderful to hear that story, and great to have you back. You've got plenty to catch up on here.
:D

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Tristen

Bobbie13
10-26-2004, 10:22 PM
YES IT CAN BE VERY NERVE RACKING!BUT OVER THE YEARS I'VE GOTTEN USED TO GOING IN & BUYING LINGERIE FOR MYSELF & MY G/F.ILOVE GETTING DRESSED UNDERNEATH MY CLOTHES THEN GOING TO BUY MORE PANTIES,BRAS,STOCKINGS WHATEVER THE MOOD BRINGS!!i just bought a black garterbelt yesterday & have been wearing it all day with red stockings & black silk & lace thongs.i was getting wet just putting them on...keep on going there girl!!you'll get it...

Allison Vamp
10-26-2004, 10:31 PM
I know what it's like too. sometimes i can go for a couple weeks without barely thinking about it, but if i go too long, the desire gets stronger and stronger until i just can't take it anymore, and i have to soothe the inner gal inside.

Fiona K
10-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Sometimes you just have to set the girl free!
Fiona xx

babe4life
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi Faye,

I can soooo relate to your story :).

"Le monsieur, comment peux-je pouvoir vous aider" -> LOL. I think I would have been BRIGHT RED! ;)

Love,
Vicky

KewTnCurvy GG
10-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Honestly grrls! No one gives a shit that you're buying lingerie or women's clothes. I don't look twice at men who are in those departments, ever. Never have. And never assumed the things you grrls do about guys who are there. I dunno, I really think ppl care less than you think about your shopping. Unless you're in a super conservative area, I wouldn't give it two thoughts. Not worth the worry.

*smack you grrlies I will*

hugs
kew

babe4life
10-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Awww Kew ....

Just some of those looks from those little old ladies :o

I one day bought a tennis skirt and the till assistant couldn't stop giggling about how cute it was. I am scarred for life, I tell you ... ;). But then, it was actually very cute! :p

Love,
Vicky

Fiona K
10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Honestly grrls! No one gives a shit that you're buying lingerie or women's clothes. I don't look twice at men who are in those departments, ever. Never have. And never assumed the things you grrls do about guys who are there. I dunno, I really think ppl care less than you think about your shopping. Unless you're in a super conservative area, I wouldn't give it two thoughts. Not worth the worry.

*smack you grrlies I will*

hugs
kew

Keep smacking us Kew :)
We'll get it toghether one day!
Fiona
xx

Sara Kat
10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey your french much be much better than mine because I have absolutely no idea what "Le monsieur, comment peux-je pouvoir vous aider?" means... :)
Sir, may I help you?

Wenda
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
I love your story. Buying is half the fun! Wayne hates shopping. Wenda is a frickin' shopaholic! Wenda has bought way too many shoes on Wayne's card. I went to Winners (quality clear-out facility) week before last, and found an abundance of great xl tops!! Sometimes I just buy them and return the ones that don't work. this time I took 5 items to the change rooms.
What nearly wrecked me was the attendant, a nice young man about 6'1"....past the point of no return. Damned near went into the ladies side. yikes. bought 3 items, one of which is my fav.
In Montreal, dear, I can't imagine that they haven't seen everything. Just go in and enjoy. good to hear from you. wenda.

clarissa3d
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
I was in male mode and was called maam in the drug store.

Long hair will do it every time. I turned and smiled and said thankyou, the girl blushed and oh I'm sorry...sir.

I told her dont worrry about it.
gave me a warm feeling and a giggle. :)

Still get butterflys sometimes when clothes shopping. but I like it I like it

Nikki A.
10-28-2004, 12:31 AM
I feel your "pain" but after reading the posts I decided to give it a try.
Went to a local grunge/ boutique in drab. Wanted to look at corsets. Found one that I thought would fit. Asked the young lady if I could use the dressing room(no returns) to make sure it fits. No problems, it didn't fit but I felt like there no problem on her part, she even asked if I had tried to adjust it looser. No full of courage I went to a classy lingere shop but with granny behind the counter and "Uncle Jed" bringing in lunch I just browsed and walked out. Guess I'm still afraid of grannie.

GraceUSA
10-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Guess I'm still afraid of grannie.

They have had years to practice that look that says "what are you doing?"
and makes me retreat every time.

Grace

babe4life
10-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Clarissa, that has happened to me too! And I have SHORT hair! LOL. The most stunning thing in the world ;)

Love,
Vicky

Girl.Faye
10-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh geez, the one who purposely called me 'mousier' was a grannie. She was scarey, I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible!

Kewt, if only I could force myself to think that way ;p It's just second nature that I feel like I have to run out of there screaming. I know people don't care, but my mind wont give up. I kept passing by the same few people who didn't give me any second looks, but again, my mind played tricks on me.

searching, I'm glad I semi inspirired you to go out and do some shopping :D Glad it went well.