PDA

View Full Version : CD crazy addiction

courtney44
06-01-2018, 11:09 PM
I feel like im going crazy. Every time my SO gets me upset, i find myself on ebay buying new woman clothes. Lately its more often then normal. Anyone else like this? Feel alone alot.

Beverley Sims
06-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Courtney,
It is normal to feel like you do in he earlier stages of dressing.

Sometimes Steffi
06-02-2018, 03:18 AM
Retail therapy is OK, as long as it's less expensive than a therapist (or a divorce lawyer).

Helen_Highwater
06-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Courtney,

Cause and effect? Does your SO know about your dressing and if yes approve? Is it the fact you're spending more on femme things getting her more irritated, she upsets you, you spend. And around we go.......

Teresa
06-02-2018, 03:58 AM
Courtney,
Looking for the security/ comfort factor that dressing brings . Cding does play with out minds, from one angle you have the comfort it can bring, even peace in youi life on the other side being in a DADT situation can be so streessful .

Most of us have been there and lived it , keep reading other threads it will help you get through it , no one said CDing was a walk in the patrk !

Stacy Darling
06-02-2018, 07:37 AM
There are possibly many of us like this Courtney!

When my wife upsets me I fix my lipstick then "Cruise the charity stores", for therapy mainly!

Stacy!

Stephanie Julianna
06-02-2018, 07:47 AM
All the time I feel alone with this. But I also understand my wife's side. She never wanted to be a lesbian and never wanted to marry a girlfriend. So that's why I love to hang out here and be myself.

Jaylyn
06-02-2018, 07:57 AM
When I first started it became an addiction for everything female in clothing and especially heels and hose. It took a while and I started getting rid of the things I never wear. That was hard because I kept thinking I wanted to hold on to every thing. I would get to feeling guilty and purge it all. Now in my life I have simplified what I love down to a box of clothes and a small make up with three sets of heels. I'm not going to purge any more until I get too old to get into my heels hose and can't make a lip liner straight wth my lips. I hope I keep my mind long enough to purge that final time before the kids all find my stash. Still addicted to dressing time though.

faltenrock
06-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes it sounds familiar. I tend to buy more when I'm boared and my business is too slow.

docrobbysherry
06-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Courtney, for many of us closet dressers there's a large element of escapism involved. Not having an SO or living an oppressive life? I have nothing much to escape from!:heehee:

However, I refuse to let that stop me!:D
Escape on closet dressers!:thumbsup:

Stephanie47
06-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Retail therapy is OK, as long as it's less expensive than a therapist (or a divorce lawyer).

Right on!!!! When I am not able to wear women's clothing from my wardrobe I do the next best thing to keep my head screwed on; Buy more clothes!

Maria 60
06-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Thats kind of funny because I always told my wife that's her excuse to buy something. She tells me when I upset her she has to buy something to make herself feel better, I told her it's a good thing I don't have that habit or I'll be buying something once or twice a day

kimdl93
06-02-2018, 04:30 PM
What do you mean by saying your SO "gets" you upset? Seriously. Or is it more accurate to say that the two of you disagreed on some subject, and you became upset. (note the difference....we choose our emotions, they are not forced upon us)

Cherylgyno
06-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Courtney it's perfectly normal and very healthy ( well maybe not for the wallet).
I'm sure that almost every one of us has and does do the same thing.

DIANEF
06-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Retail therapy must affect many of us. Look at how many people on here have 50 dresses, 100 dresses, 200..... Personally I love buying things for myself but I have to keep it in check mainly due to a lack of space.

jacques
06-02-2018, 05:50 PM
hello Courtney,
I've been there ... bought the tee shirt, bra, panties...
eventually I got so many that they started to spill out of the closet.
luv J

Stephanie Julianna
06-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Since my wife is tolerant but non-participating I can feel lonely at times. But this has been the status quo for over 50 years and thanks to old and new friends over the years and this site I get through the loneliness.

Aunt Kelly
06-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Let us take care to not lump being TG in with pathologies like OCD and hoarding. Yes, the two are often intertwined, but they are not same. Being TG is not an addiction. Buying clothes compulsively might be. If either is affecting your life in a negative way, professional help is probably a good idea.

Sara Jessica
06-02-2018, 09:55 PM
That is a poor reaction to a failure to communicate.

DaisyLawrence
06-03-2018, 01:37 AM
Indeed Sara Jessica is correct. Instead of thinking this is a crossdressing issue, which it isn't, you need to realise it is a relationship issue that needs tackling in a more direct way. I'll second Kims comment about emotions as well.

courtney44
07-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Im not new at cd, i been doing it for many years, i just feel like im crazy. I buy when i feel alone. Thanks for all responses

- - - Updated - - -

Im not new at cd, i been doing it for many years, i just feel like im crazy. I buy when i feel alone. Thanks for all responses

Tracii G
07-14-2018, 11:39 PM
Why do I get this feeling its all about you and your feelings and not your wife's too.
I think there is more to this that you are not telling us.

Bobbi46
07-15-2018, 03:22 AM
Its not a crazy addiction dressing is part of our psychy, but I have to say this should not be about "poor me" you need to talk more and be more open with yourself, and tell/explain more to your SO. As TraciG says you are not giving us the whole picture, for example have you told your SO that you dress or this is a closet lifestyle for you? are you hiding things from her? Openness is the key to this whole conundrum.

Brandi Christine
07-18-2018, 05:49 AM
So I'm not the only one... When my wife and I have issues I buy makeup!

Micki_Finn
07-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Does your SO know about your dressing? Do they approve? If the answer to either of these is “no”, then you need to realize that you’re likely “shopping in anger” as a form of revenge and that’s not healthy.

courtney44
09-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Im not new to cd. SO. knows. Been getting some new stuff lately. I feel depressed bad by knowing my 10 year old son walked in on me when i was partially cross dressed last night. So far, no questions. Not sure if he saw much. But really didnt want him to learn this bout me like this so soon. I got really angered by accident. I really feel bad.

susan54
09-02-2018, 04:53 AM
It depends on whether the retail therapy solves your problem or creates new ones. If it does create new ones then you need to review your situation. For my part, I have just bought dress number 971 and have 1000 skirts. I can afford it and the storage is an issue but not a problem, so while owning that many dresses is not 'normal' behaviour irrespective of the gender of the owner, it is not causing me problems. I am a happy, relaxed person and the dressing (and the buying) probably help me achieve this state. If I was feeling lonely within a relationship I would start with that - you should not feel alone - maybe that is the real problem. Talk to your partner (and/or maybe a counsellor) and see if you can sort this out - you should feel better and will not feel in need of retail therapy so much. Good luck.