PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Appointment

Annaliese
03-17-2006, 10:15 AM
I had a doctors appointment on Thursday last week I fell in to a Cattle guard and my leg is all black and blue and swollen. This is the same doctor I seen about two weeks ago for my back when he was checking my back I know he saw my pink thong.
This time he notice my shaved legs and the pink polish on my toes.
When he was done checking my leg out and looking at the x-rays he told me that every thing look all right but I need keep puting hot and cold on my leg to keep the swelling down, and to ware my tights during the day.

The reason I wrote this thread was to thank all of you in this forum for your support.
With out you I would not be able to be as true to my self.
It dose not matter that you are hundred's or thousand's of miles away, your threads are here for me anytime I need you.

Thank Anna

JoAnnDallas
03-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Your more than welcome. I hope your leg and back heal up real fast. BTW always remember, medical personnel have seen it all and patient confidentiality is paramount. So don't worry about the doctor. When we moved here and I got my new job, first thing I had to do was find a new doctor, so I could get my meds redone. My doctor is a female and is the only person other than this forum that knows I am a TG. She asked me why I selected her and I told her that I thought she would be OK with me being a TG. All she said was "OK" and she did her tests and I got my new perscriptions.

Melinda G
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
I always let all body and leg hair grow out for a month or so before a doctors appointment. They may be OK with it, but it's my secret, and I plan to keep it that way.

Billijo49504
03-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Just a thought, you might want to get a pair of support hose. And put them on just after you get up in the morning....BJ

Laura Jane
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
I think you should only tell your doctor about Cross Dressing (or give away obvious hints) if you think you may want to progress to a more dramatic change.

You never know what they might put in their notes and how it might come back to bite you, such as medical insurance premiums ect.

I don't think lack of body hair is any real giveaway anyway, but painted nails and and female underwear are!

You really shouldn't treat doctor visits as a game to tease and titillate yourself with over being caught etc.

MsJanessa
03-17-2006, 11:32 AM
YW hon---and the only time you need to tell your doctor about being a TG is when and if you decide you need to take estrogen for a more feminine appearence----otherwise it's really none of his business

MistyCD
03-17-2006, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Laura Jane]

You never know what they might put in their notes and how it might come back to bite you, such as medical insurance premiums ect.

This is a thing called Doctor Patient confidence that most doctors will avoid breaking.... It protects the doctors as well as the patients

Hugs Misty

Wenda
03-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I spent a night in emergency last year when Nitro wouldnt get my blood pressure back to normal. joked about being pre-shaved for the ecg. Honestly, nobody really cares. I live in a small city, 35,000, met several people I knew. Nobody has spoken about anything since. Be honest. Be yourself. (no need to repaint your toes before you go!)

trannie T
03-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Were you wearing heels when you tried to cross the cattle guard?

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Anna, I hope you get better soon.

As far as doctors, as has been said, they've seen far stranger stuff. And patient confidentiality is something that any good doctor takes quite seriously.