PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance!

Lana Mae
06-04-2018, 06:43 PM
I went to a baby shower on June 2nd and since I am not out to the daughter in law's family, I went as male me! Then June 3rd was my birthday and my sister in law took us out for breakfast and she has not seen me dressed yet, so I again dressed as male me! At the end of the day my daughter asked me why I did not dress on my birthday! This is the daughter who did not want to see daddy in a dress! Then she bought me a camera to take pictures at my transformation! Next she offered help with zippers and fastening necklaces and putting in earrings! She then became my photographer and now this! Wow! I feel so blessed to have her! Yes, I tell her everyday that I love her! Hugs Lana Mae

Jaylyn
06-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Cool daughter that has probably grown to accept things that are what they are.

BLUE ORCHID
06-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Hi Lana Mae :hugs:, It sounds like your Daughter grew up with
wonderful parents that instilled great life values in her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Aunt Kelly
06-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Well... isn't that a wonderful turn of events. I'm happy for you Lana Mae. :)

franlee
06-05-2018, 02:26 AM
Seems like you got a very special birthday treat in your daughter's acceptance. Congratulations and Happy Belated Birthday!

bridget thronton
06-05-2018, 02:30 AM
Happy birthday - you have a great daughter

Beverley Sims
06-05-2018, 03:52 AM
If you play it right and do it slowly acceptance does come quickly.

I think curiosity plays a big part, it is something you have to let others get used to or ask you to perform.

I mean that nicely and it is great that you are progressing well.

Rayleen
06-05-2018, 05:58 AM
Happy Birthday Lana Mae, and you have a great daughter. enjoy your time my friend

Rayleen

Teri Ray
06-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Happy Birthday Lana and best wishes for continued happiness with your daughter. It sounds like you both are on a great path.

alwayshave
06-05-2018, 06:51 AM
Lana, Happy Birthday. I'm glad that your daughter has come around.

Debs
06-05-2018, 06:56 AM
I think due to recent exposure of cross dressing/transvestite, its more accepted now, when I go out I can feel the difference in attitude, I get clocked, but can see n there face "what the hell", hes not doing any harm. And I can honestly feel that people are more tolerant towards a dressed up person.

phili
06-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Wow! That is so great- I think we are a known item in the universe and my daughter told me that when she told her friends they said- "he should write a memoir and talk about that!"- Her boyfriend thoughtfully sent me Grayson Perry's book 'The Descent of Man'- so you may have a nice opportunity to be a beloved dad who is also a special case of sorts, but beloved and accepted. I felt that with my mom, and it liberated my soul in a tremendous way. Talk with your daughter- mine was able to say a lot. Yours, like mine, may just want you to be consciously aware of your surroundings but not afraid.

Either way, what a wonderful bday present!

Stacy Darling
06-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Acceptance comes from each of us Lana Mae! and it makes me happy to hear that as you both change over time that you are coming together.

I wish for you that things keep progressing!

Hugs, Stacy!

Lana Mae
06-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Jaylyn: Yes and i am not pushing it! She is moving at her own pace and faster than I thought or even hoped!
Orchid: Well, we tried and I guess you are right!
Aunt Kelly: Thanks!
Franlee: It may have been my best ever birthday present!
Bridget: Thanks!
Beverly: Thanks!
Rayleen: Yes, she is! Thanks!
Teri: Thanks!
Jamie: Thanks!
Debs: Yes, I think you are right!
Phili: Basically speaking, she has said that she wants me to be happy, which is the same thing my son said when I told him!
Thanks every one for the responses and birthday wishes!
Hugs Lana Mae

Sashauk
06-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Happy Birthday Lana Mae - I hope you had a great day!

As the others have said you are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and, by the sound of it, son too.

Tina Davis
06-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Happy birthday Lana Mae, so nice to see your daughter is understanding that this makes you happy! :hugs:

Paige Dehart
06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Lana, It is wonderful that your daughter is now more accepting. I want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday.

Lana Mae
06-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Stacy: Given both of us it should! Thanks!
Sasha: Thanks!
Tina: She is understanding and so accepting! Thanks!
Paige: Thanks!
Thanks ladies for your responses and birthday wishes!
Hugs Lana Mae

Dana44
06-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Happy birthday Lana. nice for your daughter to accept you.

GracieRose
06-05-2018, 02:34 PM
You've often mention that your daughter wasn't ready to see Daddy dressed.
I'm happy to hear that she's moved ahead. Hopefully she's comfortable with this.
Happy Birthday.

Kandi Robbins
06-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Beautiful! You're very blessed. Too bad these types of stories are the exception and not the rule.

kimdl93
06-06-2018, 06:32 AM
That’s wonderful!

Tracy Irving
06-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Very happy for you, Lana Mae. Hope you had a great birthday.

Krea
06-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Hi Lana Mae, it's great that your daughter is starting to show acceptance. It must be a wonderful feeling to be able to truly be yourself with family. :c9:
Best wishes, Krea :)

Gabriella111
06-06-2018, 09:55 AM
That's awesome, Lana Mae! So glad she's coming around! :)

Bobbi46
06-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Happy Birthday Lana Mae, Family acceptance is a big thing and often does not go down well but when it does like it has for you it is truly a wonderful thing to have and cherish as a memory for the future, so very pleased for you.

cdsamswife
06-06-2018, 04:48 PM
So happy to hear that! Happy Belated Birthday!

Lana Mae
06-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Dana: Thanks!
Gracie: Thanks!
Kandi: Yes, I wish everyone had what I have! Thanks!
Kim: Thanks!
Tracy: Thanks! I had a great but quiet birthday!
Krea: It is wonderful and I wish everyone here had what I have with my daughter! Thanks!
Gabriella: Thanks! It means more coming from a GG!
Bobbi: Thanks so much!
cdsamswife: Thanks!
Thanks so much ladies!
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Hugs Lana Mae

Ally 2112
06-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Happy B day and i hope all the best !