PDA

View Full Version : Vintage resource for first time CDs

Valentina_Rossi
06-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Hi!!!

I have seen posts of people who are starting to experiment with crossdressing, and I was in a similar situation some months ago. I just wanted some practical advice; for example, which wig size/cut is better for the shape for my face, how to walk, sit, etc.

I found by chance an interesting resource, and I apologize if somebody has already pointed this out. It is the transgender digital archive, a project that tries to save all sorts of TG ephemera, manuals, books, newspaper clips, etc that are now in the public domain.

https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/

If you search for crossdresser guides, you will find several... I recommend the 3rd edition which is the latest one (maybe mid-90s)? It is all very old, or "vintage" if you prefer. But it was very useful to get some practical advice, and it is all available for pdf download. There is obvious love and care in these guides, that are very charmingly low-fi. Just be careful with makeup techniques, since they are from the glam 80s :)

Love love,
Val

Stacy Darling
06-05-2018, 07:53 AM
Why thankyou Val.
I've just taken a quick look and will go for a wander through it later with a coffee!
Stacy!

Kitty215
06-06-2018, 06:15 AM
Thank you so much for the link Val! Some fantastic reading on the site, can never have too much information.

Debs
06-06-2018, 06:24 AM
There is no substitute for trial and error, bought lots of cloths that i would love to look like in, but the truth is different clothes will suit you personally. Make up, play with it, it washes off to start again until you get the look you feel comfortable with, still a great link Val, but play experiment and enjoy. Once you get it right for yourself, the posture ,walking etc seems to come natural as you feel like a woman.

Valentina_Rossi
06-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Hi!!

Thanks for your comments! I have spent hours in the archive, looking at reviews of TG movies, newspaper clips of "I want what I want" or "The Christine Jorgensen Story".

@Debs: I agree with you totally that part of the fun is experimenting and discovery! However, it is always nice to have a guide which is a suggestion.... should always be the platform to depart, and never the destination :)

Love love
Val

BrendaPDX
06-06-2018, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the link, not as intuitive as I hoped, but things seldom are to me:)

Beverley Sims
06-06-2018, 12:45 PM
There is a lot of history there, I look at it from time to time.

sugababe
06-07-2018, 03:58 PM
I seen the old Jim Bridges studio and Lydia's fashion boutique advertised in there.

those places like that club in North hollywood on ventura blvd don't exist anymore.

CarleyR
06-09-2018, 12:49 AM
Thanks for identifying the archive. It looks like a great resource.