PDA

View Full Version : I outed myself as a start

Jenny22
06-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Yesterday afternoon I went for a pedicure on my red polished nails... same tech ... she's seen my red nails several times. When she finished, I asked her to come look at a phone photo (of me taken at DLV). She held my phone, said the lady was pretty and asked who she was. I told her, ME! She said, "nooo", but I again said ME. She enlarged the photo's face, and held the phone next to my face... same eyes, glasses and smile, said she, and gave me a big grin.

I told her I often dress as a woman and that my toenails are always polished. Another big grin from her. I said I might come in one day as a woman.... might. She got excited and hoped I would.

It was small icebreaker, but now someone else knows I dress. I'll bet all the shop techs know, now, too. Its a small beginning for me locally. The fact that she didn't recognize me... makeup, wig, etc...tells me I can be out and about with little chance of being recognized as 'me'.

alwayshave
06-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Jenny, nice story. Her refusal to believe you is cute.

Rachael Leigh
06-06-2018, 09:34 PM
I go to get my pedicure always dressed to me it’s the best way to enjoy my pedicure.
Ive become a regular at this one salon and the ladies are all very sweet

Diane Smith
06-06-2018, 10:37 PM
The nail salon is a great place to dress and get constructive comments about your look, makeup and so forth. The techs are in the business of helping people look good, love having stories to tell each other, and it's a small, controlled environment where you are somewhat unlikely to bump into people you know well.

And if you come in a dress and heels, they will never question why you'd want colored polish on your nails! :)

- Diane

Beverley Sims
06-07-2018, 04:36 AM
I wonder how many others like yourself use that salon.

Stacy Darling
06-07-2018, 08:08 AM
It may be a bigger step than you think Jenny. I came out to my Beautician, either that or she would have done my brows like I was some Guy !!!

And after that didn't it come out easily, It just started flowing out of my mouth, No control at all!

Sounds like you've definitely broken the ice though :)
Stacy!

kimdl93
06-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Just a tip for those who haven’t done a pedi while dressed: wear sandals and shorts or capris.

Connie D50
06-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Great store now you get to dress and do what all the ladies in my life love go and get your nails done.

Jenny have fun Connie

sugababe
06-07-2018, 03:49 PM
I think many nail techs know guys dress and I have showed pictures of myself dressed to a nail tech before. she got excited and hit me with a bunch of questions.