PDA

View Full Version : Confused

MandyP
03-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Having enjoyed wearing female underwear for most of my life I thought that now I have the oportunity to go all the way, especially with make up etc, I can't decide whether I want to or not. Is this confusion usual or is it a little fear of the unknown? Now that I am on my own I certainly feel a little lonely and insecure. I would really appreciate some advice.

MandyP
xxx

Annaliese
03-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Having enjoyed wearing female underwear for most of my life I thought that now I have the oportunity to go all the way, especially with make up etc, I can't decide whether I want to or not. Is this confusion usual or is it a little fear of the unknown? Now that I am on my own I certainly feel a little lonely and insecure. I would really appreciate some advice.

MandyP
xxx
Mandy this is normal just take it slow.
That is why this forum is here for support also find a support group in your area to talk to or someone from this forum that lives close to you. You need to know that we may be hundreds of miles from you, but there is allways someone here to talk to.
This forum has help me so much, just know you are not a lone.
Just thought of some thing there is a sit that might be able to help you find some one in your area http://profiles.urnotalone.com this is a great place to find people in your area or state.

Good luck

Anna

Anna

Sarahgurl371
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Mandy,

I don't think you are alone in your confusion. And I don't think you are alone in your "what if" fears either. If you want to do it, go ahead. For me, the fact that I have an incling to do something usually means just that. As long as you are not hurting anybody or yourself. I went for years wanting to go further. I have. I like it alot.

Once you open the door, it will get easier everytime. Kinda puts me in mind of a line from an Eagles song - "oh no, you can't go back, once you started wearing those shoes". So if you are that afraid of whats out there. Don't go there. If its true, the feeling will stick around. So many times I feel that I am so rushed, that I must simply experience this now!!!!! But in retrospect, if its a true interest, part of me, whatever, it will stick around and there really is no rush at all.

Relax. Just be yourself.

EricaCD
03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Give it a try, hon. But you will do yourself a favor if you start with a clean set of expectations. If it's your first try with makeup, all will not go perfectly when you look in the mirror. Don't get discouraged! I made this mistake the first time and it nearly caused me to stop dressing completely.

On the other hand, if you want to push your own boundaries and begin to see what the feeling is like, I think you will have a wonderful time! Then try again, and you will start to watch your female self emerge from the shadows of your male form.

Good luck and enjoy it. And PS: the feeling of putting on lipstick for the first time is one you will likely remember forever.

Erica

Emily1
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
If it feels good - do it
Twice , just to make sure ..;)

Bernice
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I assume this opportunity is rather unusual. How will you feel if you pass on the opportunity? Will you always wonder what could have been? What is the worst possible outcome from trying it? Perhaps you will not like it at all. Then at least you will know. If you like it very much, what is the harm? It seems like there is very little for you to lose, and possibly much to gain. Then again, I very much liked "going all the way", so perhaps I am biased.

Hugs,

Bernice

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
now I have the oportunity to go all the way, especially with make up etc, I can't decide whether I want to or not. Is this confusion usual or is it a little fear of the unknown?

Probably fear, not confusion.

There's a lot to think about when dressing fully. Where to get a wig, will it look right, does it cost too much (or am I spending on something I may not like), can I apply makeup successfully, etc. etc. to one of the biggest fears you need to overcome. Do I pass?

Patience and proper preperation can overcome most of those fears, but the Do I pass fear is the hardest to overcome. Me, I know I don't pass and don't worry about. Also, for me, it isn't about the wig and makeup. I can do without either.

Rikkicn
03-17-2006, 01:27 PM
One of the ways to come to an understanding of who we really are is by embracing our confusion and working our way to the other side of our fears. Fears are our greatest teachers. Respecting and honoring them will take you along way.

"The only way to know how bitter, the bitter pill is, is to swallow it"
"Hazrat Inayat Kahn"

Good luck and let us know if we can be of help to you
Rikki

sparks
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Just have some fun with it if you try! My first time fully dressed was exactly an eye opener! I knew before I wouldn't pass. My wife wondered why my eyes were darker than normal afterwards! Make sure you can wash the make-up off or you might have some splaining to do.
But just like wearing frillies the name of the game is fun and excitement. Better yet with this forum you have a place to discuss the results. Something I wish I had at the time!

MandyP
03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
It almost brought tears to my eyes to have such a rush of support and warmth of feeling from you all. I know I will never pass but you have given me the encouragement I needed to go as far as I am comfrtable with.

Many, many thanks to you all.

MandyP

Tina Dixon
03-17-2006, 02:14 PM
If you enjoy wearing female under wear, just wait till you dress complete, it's amazing feeling that you will love.

Tru and find a place that does male to female transformtions first, then see how you like it.

Ellie
03-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I was in your position about 3 months ago.

I had been wearing pantyhose and prancing about in heels from time to time since I was a teen.

I tried on a bra once (wearing nothing else) and I felt to bound up.

I shaved and tried make up once (without a dress or even hose & heels) and I felt that was trying out for a Japanese play (Kabuki?).

I tried on a simple dress (without hose, bra, or make up) and felt a lot like a man in a dress.

None of it felt right until I got an outfit, shoes, bra (C cup being a good middle ground), wig, and panties in the proper sizes and put it all together at the same time.

The most important thing is not to go into it with any preconceived judgments. Liking and wearing women's clothes doesn't make you gay or bi any more so then the 3 piece suit that Barney Frank wears into congress makes him straight.

Now I love to dress up and I am en femme about 1/2 time!

I love not only the feel but my look as Ellie. My greatest moment of self acceptance was when I looked in the mirror at Ellie and thought, "Damn I'm HOT!, I'd 'do' me in a heartbeat."

Which is not exactly gay since I am lusting after an apparent female, neither is it exactly straight since I know Ellie's got a package... maybe I'm circle? :lol:

Regina
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I had the same thoughts, go ahead and give it a try just don't get discouraged if your make-up does not turn out as you liked the first time, keep trying and improving, the last thing i want to have happen, is to be drawing my last few breaths thinking i should have done this... i wished i had done this...why didn't i do this. life's to short. good luck!

Regina