PDA

View Full Version : Shopping trip

Sage GG
03-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Rena has been waiting for this for a few months now , last night was our trip to the eye doctors. Her prescription was the same so I choose about 15 pr of glasses ( Fem & Drab)for her to try on. We were having a really fun time then the person comes over, Rena had on a pr from Joan Collins collection with little diamonds on the side with a really cute shape for her face, the guy looks at then said those are womans glasses and takes them off her. He said he would show us some glasses and then shows us all guy stuff so I was asking for more gender neutral ones and I showed him what I had in mind,he is still insisting on the ones that he wants my hubby to wear. We finally get a very nice pair that is edgeless, basically disappear when you have them on and with her wig in place will be perfect.

OK the bill come to 699( Thank God for Flex cards)but I hope that guy works on commission as he lost an other $500 sale by being so unfriendly. We get them in a week, I got the prescription and we will go and get another pair somewhere else if they don't look right with the wig. I really think she will look great in them. It was kind of hard to find one pair of glasses that work with short gray hair and long auburn locks but I think we did it.

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I hope they work out, especially at that price.

I got a second pair that I thought were more gender neutral, and the sales girl thought they looked great on me, but my wife thinks they are too fem. But for $99, I had to have them.

kathy gg
03-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I would TOTALLY tell the store manager. Those people do work on commission. The store and the idiot did lose out. what a knucklehead! I swear.!!:mad:

I personally liek the buddy holly type of frames. ANd my face is not small. guys glasses usually look way cooler on me. and I have literally walked out of stores when the dummy there kept insisting I look to the ladies glasses, after me making very clear what I know works for my face shape! ack!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till I get enough saved for lazer eye surgery!

Bernice
03-17-2006, 03:22 PM
One look at my avatar will tell you my "four-eyes" are critical to looking feminine. I was wearing them en-femme before I even needed glasses to read. I wish I could afford feminine eyeglasses now (wearing bifocals), but I will select more unisex frames in the future.

Hugs,

Bernice