PDA

View Full Version : The dress or the Girl in it

Nikki A.
06-08-2018, 04:38 PM
I just was at a golf course where there is some kind of prom/wedding about to start. This one young lass was wearing a gold metallic dress that hugged every curve and it had a front slit that was almost indecent.
First thought, I'd love to have a dress that fit and looked like that. Then, as she walked by I said to myself what a sexy young lady. In the old days the order would have been reversed. Oh well times change and I guess in some ways I have too.

kimdl93
06-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Honestly, the dress would still be secondary....the first thought now would be, darn, they sure don't make them the way the used to! The second would be, stop being such a dirty old person, she could be your granddaughter for God's sake!

Rachael Leigh
06-08-2018, 05:17 PM
I guess I’m old, but while I appreciate the beauty of young women I almost always look at what they are wearing and wish I was young enough to look that good in it. I’m such a style person these days

franlee
06-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Honestly I am drawn to the clothes 1st then I appraise the wearer. I am not interested in woman but the persona she projects. That can be at any level of appeal and I will still consider her total appearance, sex-appeal is only a small part of it.

Nikki A.
06-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Kim it's more of they didn't make them like that before. Yea, maybe I am still a bit of a dirty old man, but man I want that dress LOL.
I was talking to a freind of mine over the weekend, being a bit catty about a common friend. I stopped and said sometimes I can be as catty as most women, she started to laugh and said she was just thinking the same thing.

Jodie_Lynn
06-08-2018, 05:59 PM
At this point I think I'd look at the clothes, how she looked in them, and whether or not I could pull off a similar fashion.

Asew
06-08-2018, 06:20 PM
For me it's 75% dress 25% girl. Kind of like how bridesmaids sometimes all wear the same dress, but can be hot on one and ugly on another for various reasons. But when you get a good combo its hard to not to stare :)

Queen Bridget
06-08-2018, 06:29 PM
It's 100% the dress for me :daydreaming:

Rayleen
06-08-2018, 07:14 PM
looking at the dress to see if it fits the person wearing it. the dress for sure.

biancabellelover
06-08-2018, 08:32 PM
I have italian heritage. The girl, then the dress! LOL!

Michelle

Becky Blue
06-08-2018, 08:59 PM
The dress then how the girl looks in the dress then how would I look in that dress..

alwayshave
06-08-2018, 09:50 PM
I love both the dress and the girl. I do look at the dress and I do lust after the girl.

suzanne
06-09-2018, 12:01 AM
I dont know how it is for you, but for me, its the combination of the dress and the wearer. If the dress doesn't work on the persons own figure, the result is mediocre at best. When the dress works perfectly on one's body, it is truly stunning. And ANYBODY can be beautiful if the outfit is chosen carefully. This is one more reason why shopping in person is a must.

Teresa
06-09-2018, 02:24 AM
Nikki,
I'm going to say the dress first , that is why there are so many very wealthy designers they do their job well ! You only have to think of the film " Pretty Woman " to see what people think of dress code .

How often have you seen a stunning gown but the lady wearing it is only moderatley attractive the dress lifts her like it does us . How many times have you been in a situation of seeing a woman eye up a dress in a store and say , " If only !" For one reason or another they know they can't pull it off . The one sad point is some haven't got the confidence to wear it , they know it's going to attract attention and they can't handle that . That's why we have to careful not to go OTT , we have to learn to wear the right clothes at the right time , the problem is what drives us often puts us in the limelight whether we planned it or not .

I remember the time I wore a strapless gown for the first time , we dressed in the hotel room and then had the long walk to the ballroom , passing many hotel guests, our dresses did stand out , the attention was very daunting !

Nikki A.
06-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Teresa you are correct that there is a time and a place for an outfit. This girl was a prom attendee and her dress was very appropriate and it fit her like a glove.
You are correct though about the "If only". I would love the dress but I could not pull it off, and honestly I would never have a place to wear it. I do have formal dresses that are age and occasion appropriate but it is rare to have the opportunity to wear them.

Rosemary+
06-09-2018, 04:47 PM
For me even during the teenage years, it was always WOW! What a lovely dress, then, would I be able to get it in my size,
Has she got the accessories right? Would I have had my hair and make up done like that,

Sara.Blue
06-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Myself I would find the girl IN the dress attractive. If she was sexy and carrying it well, I would notice "Her" first, then study her clothing (The things that added to her appeal).

BLUE ORCHID
06-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Hi Nikki :hugs:, I have learned to enjoy the total package. >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Pumped
06-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Probably more girl, then dress for me. A beautiful gal in an ugly dress can still beautiful. But an ugly gal in a beautiful dress is still ugly! Of course a great dress on a beautiful gal and I am a mess!

There is a woman I work with, tall, blonde, thin, wears heels all the time. Simply stunning, even in blue jeans. I have trouble concentrating when talking to her!

leannejacobs
06-09-2018, 06:59 PM
If we're being honest, I've always had a wandering eye, I do love checking out attractive women, the beauty of it now is; when my wife catches me looking I can get of with it by saying I was admiring her fashion sense, I do admire the clothing too, as generally if they have caught my eye it's because they are dresssed nicely.

CDJoyce
06-09-2018, 07:56 PM
It's the woman first and foremost but the dress is very important too. I'll often look at a woman and wish I could a dress like that. I check out to see if she's wearing tights and the colour of them.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Our outlook changes with time and frequency of dressing. I tend to think like you.

sometimes_miss
06-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Honestly, the dress would still be secondary....the first thought now would be, darn, they sure don't make them the way the used to! The second would be, stop being such a dirty old person, she could be your granddaughter for God's sake!

It's the dress AND the girl. And since I don't have any kids, she couldn't be my granddaughter!
As far as being a dirty old person, well I wash every day, and sex isn't a disgusting dirty behavior. It's fun!
Gee, it's the 21st century, we really have to get past the nonsense that sex is dirty or something to be avoided because it's not proper, or that young people can't have sex with old people.
It hurts no one. (unless they want it to! Pain is fun for some!).
Now you young folks, get out there and have sex with a senior citizen! No pregnancy worries! And they'll appreciated it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzRCFWW8AE

Elizabeth G
06-11-2018, 06:47 AM
For me it's the dress and the girl and then to further complicate things I'll add a third element of wishing I were the girl.

Shely
06-11-2018, 07:23 AM
I often think I'd love to wear that dress! But do appreciate the woman wearing it.

DaisyLawrence
06-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Hey it's both, it's the whole package. The girl wouldn't look so good in a boilersuit and there are many women that wouldn't look so good in that dress. You need to step back and take in the whole work of art, not just a part of it, to appreciate it properly as the artist intended. I am forever greatful and appreciative of all the stunning well dressed girls in the world, ladies I thank you all. :)

Sashauk
06-11-2018, 11:04 AM
Both for me - but, like others, I just wish I could look that good wearing it.

Alice B
06-11-2018, 11:48 AM
I respond to both. The dress may catch my attention first, but then I look at who is wearing it and her face gets my first response. If the dress is beautiful I will decide if it would look good on me and then wonder where I could find it. This is simply a mental excersize. Of course I will wish that I looked that beautiful, but who am I kidding?

Mandy T
06-11-2018, 01:27 PM
I am a man and I love a beautiful woman. Hell I aspire to be a beautiful woman. I think that I notice the woman first and then the clothing. At the same time I think that you could wrap a beautiful woman in a table cloth and she would still look good.

Mandy

Stephanie47
06-11-2018, 01:33 PM
If I am out and about my eye is always drawn to the women who are wearing a dress. The dress first, then the woman within!