PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Catalogue Tete a Tete

Julie MA
06-09-2018, 09:22 PM
While my ATDS (Always Tell Don't Show) wife was in the room, I comfortably picked up and looked through a Talbot's catalogue. She noticed, said nothing. Uncharacteristically, she left the catalogue in the counter for several days now. I am waiting for her to ask if I'm done looking through it. The silent convo continues.

Kelly DeWinter
06-09-2018, 10:34 PM
OMG ! not the Talbots ! Why is the world would you ever allow such a disreputable catalog in your home.

Truthfully I've always loved their chinos.

phili
06-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Hmm- wordless play- maybe lay out some sticky arrows or postits in two colors, one for her one for you, and mark a few things? It can become a flood of conversation- put some pics of each of you to clip into the pages as well- so you are comparing tastes, and before you know it you might be suggesting things for each other. Then put number tags for prioritization, and a suggested budget scratch pad [two for her, one for you] and …

NancySue
06-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Many of my tops, skirts, dresses are from Talbots. Love their things. Never had a skort. Just got one from them. Love it. Their sales are good. Aw, go for it. I sense she’s left you a positive hint. Order something. Or better yet, go through it together and order something’s for both. My wife and I do this. It’s fun and may break the ice. Worth a try.

Stacy Darling
06-10-2018, 08:26 AM
We played that game for a while, but I would have a look through them then placed them back once my wife had entered the room!

My wife has tired of that game now, me being the household stylist and artful shopper seems to be what has ended that game ???

Hopefully it ends soon, and before the sale does!
Stacy!

Teresa
06-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Julie,
Always a touchy subject in my home, my wife knew I was eager to check various catalogues out but she intentionally binned them making sure food scraps were stuck to them before I had the chance read them . One of her friends often gave her old women's magazines which did hang about for a while , I did enjoy reading those to catch up on clothes and makeup trends .

Julie MA
06-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Phili you cracked me up. Not going that far. But it's new now that she knows. I look, she knows why I'm looking. It has the potential for us to progress, or it could make her more resentful, not being able to control this about me, or make it go away. The catalogue is still sitting there...

BLUE ORCHID
06-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Hi Julie :hugs:, Keep us posted on who wins the war of wits . >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Julie MA
06-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Well the catalogue got recycled without a word, from either of us. A little disappointed that it didn't spark some discussion. I was having fun waiting, and know she would rather not talk about anything to do with CD.

Beverley Sims
06-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Talk about War Of The Roses.:-)

Must be harsh around your neck of the woods.