PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the forum

Sara.Blue
06-17-2018, 12:36 PM
I went to the introductory section to update my introduction thread but it is closed, so Ill post this here

After 2-3 weeks I would like to give you all a thank you for the forum. It feels good to read your posts and open up a bit ... Some things I have taken away as a new member. In no particular order of importance, just as things go from my mind to keyboard ... I feel chatty and like sharing atm

All my life I have been super in the closet. I am ok with this, it is how I am, I dress for me and me alone. I have no desire to "Be a Woman" in public, it is my personal time thing. I think of myself as just having a strong attraction to feminine things. In my employment I deal heavily with the public and the only other crossdressers I have ever seen (or at least noticed) have made zero or minimal attempt to pass or were flamboyant. I do not judge other peoples lifestyle but I think it is tacky to draw unnecessary attention. I was starting to feel I was the exception keeping to myself. This forum has shown me that is untrue. I am seeing I am not the exception, I think the majority of this community has no desire for added attention?

I am 44 years old, been married twice and am heterosexual. I am surprised at how much of the community are adults and married. When I searched for a crossdressng forum and found this place, I did not know what to expect but was prepared for something at least a bit sexual. I like that everyone seems like normal people and when undergarmets, breast forms, etc, are talked about, it is in non-sexal manner.

Sara

Allisa
06-17-2018, 01:08 PM
June welcome, your old enough to know rules have a purpose. I have had threads deleted and edited, I didn't agree but this forum must be kept under control or else it will turn into the ones we try to avoid.This is a great place to learn and there is a world of info here, along with a cross section of humanity. Read and enjoy and if you want participate when you've been here long enough to have access to sub forums.

Teri Ray
06-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Welcome Sara glad you are here to experience the great folks on this site. Allisa, I thought I was the only one who has had threads deleted. I guess it is nice to know that I am not the only one to unintentionally commit a malfeasance here.

Lana Mae
06-17-2018, 05:49 PM
Welcome, Sara! This forum is packed with info and help! Enjoy! Yea, I have had things deleted too, but it keeps things going in the right direction! Hugs Lana Mae

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Hi Sara :hugs:, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home !

What ever the questions that you have there is a 99.875 % chance that one or more
of us will have an answer for you.

I have been hauled to the Woodshed by the Moderators, A few times a few times I didn't agree

but I don't fight City Hall. >Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Alice_2014_B
06-18-2018, 02:17 AM
Very cook Sara!
:)

Beverley Sims
06-18-2018, 02:28 AM
Sara, I am pleased you have found a niche suitable to your interests, as you have discovered there are a lot more like yourself here.

Welcome to the forum.

Becky Blue
06-18-2018, 05:42 AM
Welcome Sara, this is an awesome place full of great info and some pretty cool people too..
BTW do you think perhaps we are related :D

alwayshave
06-19-2018, 06:22 AM
Sara, I have thanked the gods for this forum since joining 6 years ago.

Nikkilovesdresses
06-19-2018, 10:25 AM
I thought I was the only one who has had threads deleted.

Yeah, me too, but not for a long time- guess it took a while to settle in and play nice :)

Also plus 1 for adult and married, though I think there are very very few members who are not adults-

ClosetED
06-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the Forum. This is a great place to share and learn. It is safe and the site rules keep things clean. Many of us found we had this love of femininity (whatever that means to us in our various cultures) and we were different from other males. But the rate of heterosexuality is higher among CDers than the general population despite the misconceptions most have. I also have no plans to transition and have no great need to be out and about (but curious) but don't want the general public's attention. I am happy sharing here with others who understand. Maybe if the world around me did not care if I wore feminine clothes and makeup one day and a man's suit the next, but until then, I keep to home turf.
Hugs, Ellen

Janine cd
06-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Hi, Sara!
I,too, am a closeted crossdresser with no intentions of exposing myself to the attention of the public. It's nice here having the support of caring "sisters".

IleneD
06-21-2018, 12:34 AM
Great thread, and not the first time I've expressed my sentiments about this forum and the Sisters here.

I thank God almost every day that I found this website. It helped me change my life, and I mean in a most fond and beautiful way. This forum was the voice of experience and reason through nearly every battle I had with my wife. Without the voices of my Sisters here to tell me their stories, their experiences, their manner of coming out and dealing with this important life subject, me and my marriage may very well be crashed upon the rocks.
The love, intelligent outreach and wisdom I have received from the women of this board has gone way beyond good advice and education. It has made me believe you - the members - are true friends; the kind of people I'd love to go around the country and meet face to face, if just to thank them and share the joy.

This forum is a healthy place to be. Love you all with all my heart. I really do.
My only regret is that I've been super busy and unable to be on the computer & website recently, and unable to share in the lives of my Sisters here. THANK YOU.

Helen_Highwater
06-21-2018, 03:50 AM
Sara,

Welcome and like your good self and others here I'm so grateful that I found this forum.

I'm another one guilty of misdemeanours from time to time but that's perhaps part of the learning process.

While I haven't come out of the closet to those around me with the support and guidance of the members here I found the courage to step out into the muggle world enfemme.

You say that's not for you but I would say never say never. The knowledge, support and guidance offered will undoubtedly contribute to your own CD'ing journey's development and you won't be the first to say I'm fed up if hiding my gorgeous self away within these 4 walls.

Which ever path you choose you'll be supported along the way. Bon voyage.

Leslie Mary S
06-21-2018, 04:04 AM
Welcome aboard the good ship "Pink Fog" (I think it is more a lavender but oh well), we have members in just about every situation. All I can say is I'm Me. A90% of the time closet dweller. No one lives with me.
A hard part is finding a support crew. My crew has two GG (Girlie Girls) in it. Eventually you will say, I need to go out. You will spend weeks and or more planning every item and step of what you are going to do. Again Welcome aboard.

Teresa
06-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Sara,
Welcome to the forum.
The first thing is there are no rules, you dress to please yourself and not others , if you are happy to stay hidden no one will think any worse of you .

You do raise an interesting point about many not wanting to be out , I raised a question a while ago and almost 70% were out or wished to be so .

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment about being tacky to draw unnecessary attention , do you feel it tacky to be out with every attention to blend in and integrate with the community ? I'm sure I've misunderstood not having any desire to attract attention so what are your thoughts on TSs .

The forum survives on members wishing to live a normal life ( whatever normal is !) the mods do a good job on content and thankfully trolling . Some sections are open so a little care has to be taken what you choose to reveal . It can be helpful and it can be fun at times so enjoy your time here .

Yes I also have some entries in the little black book !

Stephanie47
06-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Welcome. Yes, it is a god send this forum exists. I grew up in an age when there was no Internet. It was a struggle to stay sane. This forum lets me know that I am not alone in this world.

DIANEF
06-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Sara, I'm glad you have joined us. This form is a great place and the moderators do a grand job in keeping things on the level ( I say that even though I have had posts edited or deleted). There is a wealth of information on here and the vast majority of members will give you any advice and help you need.