PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have been in the military?

Valentina_Rossi
06-25-2018, 04:03 AM
Hi!!!

Reading some of the threads lately, and some of your biographies, I was struck on how many of us have been in the military in one way or another. In my particular case, I had to do mandatory military service in my home country - and I hated every second of it. Part of our "training" was to dig up trenches in scorching heat in the desert (48C or more) and then to fill them up... a mindless, futile task that encompasses for me the full experience.

Of course, the military is one of those things that are "manly", at least in stereotype. Do you think your experience in the army of your respective countries had something to do with your dressing? Maybe as a reaction to it, or as an "antidote"? I would also be curious if you volunteered or were conscripted.

Super thanks for any experiences you might like to share,

Love love,
Val

SaraLin
06-25-2018, 05:55 AM
I volunteered - more to avoid the risk of being drafted than anything to do with gender issues. Also I got training (computers) I couldn't afford on my own.

For the most part, I managed to put my girly feelings 'on hold'. They didn't go away by any means, and I envied the WAC's (women's army corps, in case you aren't familiar with the term) and their uniforms, but I survived.

alwayshave
06-25-2018, 06:16 AM
I was in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, keeping Massachusetts safe from invasion by Rhode Island.

Stephanie Julianna
06-25-2018, 08:32 AM
I was in the New York Army National Guard. I was a Tank Crewman (11E10). Did my Basic and AIT training at Fort Knox, KY in the summer of '71. I served from 1970-'76 ending my last 2 years in the Connecticut Guard. Being a pacifist it was the only way for me to do my service requirement without having to kill anyone. Being a tank crewman I did learn how to kill many people at one time but the worst I ever did was kill some moles that were probably living in a hillside that I blew away during target practice with the 105 mm cannon in Upstate New York. I will say that over the years I have come to admire and respect the guys who volunteered or were drafted. and served our country. I have a cousin who was caught up in the Tet Offensive in Vietnam and another in the Navy. My wife lost a cousin in Nam as well. As a Hospice Nurse I have taken care of many Vets who served in Vietnam as well as some who died with melanoma from Agent Orange. These guys were truly victims of the war as much as the heroes who died in combat. I salute them all for their service.

Sidney
06-25-2018, 08:39 AM
Well I volunteered to avoid the draft in the United States back in 1968 and wound up spending the next 21 years in the U.S. Army. Have had the opportunity to visit 27 countries, some for pleasure, some for duty. Lived 18 years with my family in Europe and Japan. My Sidney side did not surface until I was in my late fifties so was not an issue while in was in the Army and my service did not affect my feminine side one way or the other. I and my family did enjoy the travel and other cultures.

RaeK
06-25-2018, 08:47 AM
US Air Force in the mid-1950s.

Stacy Darling
06-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Invited to join, and accepted the invitation.

I don't believe that it had any effect on my dressing, but that I will never know?

Linda E. Woodworth
06-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Veteran themes have been asked in the past.

For me 26 1/2 years US Navy both active and reserve.

My desire to serve had nothing to do with my desire to dress.

Mandy T
06-25-2018, 10:50 AM
11 years Air Force. It had nothing to do with my dressing

Stephanie47
06-25-2018, 11:08 AM
During the onset of the Vietnam War I had a four year educational deferment because I attended college. I graduated June 1960 and lost the deferment. Reclassified to 1A I went down to the recruiting office to check out what the various services had to offer. The navy and air force were not enlisting anyone at the time. The Marine Corp was out for me...sure way to die. The army was only recruiting for officers for the infantry and field artillery, which mean forward observers attached to the infantry. For family reasons I will not go into here, the draft board said it was either my brother or me. One of us was going to get drafted. I volunteered for the draft as that was the only way to limit my time in service to two years. While in the army I had zero thoughts of wearing women's clothing. I was more interested in the daily life of not getting my shit blown away. My infantry company ran a 15%+ killed in action rate and an overall 90%+ casualty rate.

I ended up as an infantryman (11B) and sent to Nam. It was a real fun time. I had this tendency to attract pieces of metal. I was wounded twice. The second time was by an booby traps, now given the illustrious name of Improvised Explosive Device. I was medivaced. After being released from the hospital I ended up close to home at Fort Dix, New Jersey. After Nam life was good in the army for the balance of the two years. Since I had a "profile" and good not perform anymore as an infantryman I ended up pushing papers which was great. I did meet my future wife in the army. She was in the Women's Army Corp.

As a teenager and a little before I dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw. Based on the common assumptions back then I often wondered if I was a homosexual because that was what society thought of cross dressers. I was totally confused for a long time. It took awhile to figure out that was all bull crap.

If you have read some of my comments over the years I have found cross dressing to be therapeutic as a stress reliever from PTSD. Wearing women's clothing seems to be less injurious than abusing myself with alcohol or drugs, legal and illegal. Although society probably would rather deal with me as a druggie than a cross dresser.

Rayleen
06-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Enlisted 3 yrs army to instead of the draft 2 yrs ,basic at Dix then was in Korea and Germany in the 60's

Signal Battalion in Korea and Frankfort headquarters in Germany. Lots of transfer to Viet Nam then.

barbie lanai
06-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Joined the Navy right out of High School in 63. Was a "kiddie cruiser" since I wasn't even 18. First year in electronics A school in San Francisco. Most the time in the Navy I skipped dressing. But the final months before separation, I would get a hotel or motel room. for weekend liberty; finally I rented an apartment ashore so I could dress nearly everyday when liberty was called. Just weeks before my separation, my ship moved to Long Beach from San Diego where the apartment was. That forced my first purge, but back to civies. Did wish I could have a Wave uniform, and if they weren't so expensive, would buy a set of Whites & Blues now.

Pat
06-25-2018, 12:11 PM
You might also want to check out:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?253659-Military-Transgender-or-Crossdressing
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?212597-CDs-And-the-Military
https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?197413-Military

to name but a few

docrobbysherry
06-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Drafted during Nam War. Lucky to be stationed in Ariz. for 2 years. Didn't start dressing until 25 years later. So, one had no effect on the other.

But, I hated the Army! Couldn't wait to get out and start "real life" again!:D

Peggie Lee
06-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Drafted in 1968 and sent home because I was a Klinesfelter, at 6'1" with C Cup size breasts I caused a disturbance , went to college then worked at A US AIRFORCE PMEL as a contractor for the next 44 years my MOS 2P071. P.S. I transitioned on the job.

Ressie
06-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Not me, but thanks for your service. I did have a temp job digging in 90 degree heat. Not fun!

biancabellelover
06-25-2018, 05:38 PM
I'm going well in the "Have you ever been...".

I was also in the Army. I joined the Australian Army Reserve in 1983 and left in 2008. There hasn't been conscription in Australia since 1972, so all voluntary. For nearly all of that time I was in the Commandos. I did two periods of continuous service and deployed to Iraq as a military advisor in 2006/2007. I left for a number of reasons, but the main one was that at 45, I was way too old to be jumping out of aeroplanes, and didn't want to transfer to another branch of the army.

I loved it, and while I acknowledge that military training and military life isn't for everyone, some of the life skills I learned (such as grit and determination, and the belief that I can do anything if I put my mind to it) I still keep with me and use every day.

I didn't Cross dress until around 18 months ago, and I doubt that my military experience had any influence.

Michelle

Diane Taylor
06-25-2018, 06:37 PM
I was drafted into the US Army in 1965 and my military experience had absolutely nothing to do with my crossdressing.

Lana Mae
06-25-2018, 06:48 PM
USAF-1970 to 1974! No connection to dressing! Hugs Lana Mae

Aunt Kelly
06-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Doubtless, we marched many of the same roads at Ft. Knox, Stephanie. Did basic there a few years after you. Then AIT and the rest of my hitch at Ft. Sam Houston. 91B. Some day, maybe, I will share my "closest call" story, which happened during that time. :)

Amy Lynn3
06-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Was dressing as a child and served in the Army between 1965 - 1967.

Teri Ray
06-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Retired Navy. I did 30 years and decided it wasn't really for me. Had no affect on my desire to dress.

Kelly DeWinter
06-25-2018, 07:53 PM
I enlisted in the Navy at the age of 16 (yes, it is possible) Thee west pacs, It never changed my identity, but it did affect my ability to express it. Some countries visited made it easier.

NjJamie
06-25-2018, 08:08 PM
USAF, Pilot, dressed before/during/after, wasn't able to dress overseas but made up for it when i was home!

The biggest problem was with my mother who had caught me a few years before I joined, she was worried about my "problem" and what might happen if I got caught. This was a realistic fear as this was before DADT and I witnessed an investigation into two crew members who were clearly gay (no flames please, it was no secret as our crews lived in tight quarters when deployed). The Col came down to the chow hall and said he had to ask around but was sure it was not going to result in a "positive" finding. To this day if he ever calls for a favor my answer is "YES", it won't matter what it is, he was that kind of leader, I saw him take care of his people to the detriment of his own career on many occasions.

GeorgeA
06-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Stephanie47 wrote: Although society probably would rather deal with me as a druggie than a cross dresser.
Ironic, isn't it?

Nell27
06-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Thanks to all of you served, especially those badass warriors in Viet Nam.

For me it was the US Navy submarine service, 1978-1984. I was not into ladies clothing back then, and it had no impact on my dressing. I did meet my beautiful wife during that time, and my heart still skips a beat when she enters the room!

That kind lady is very accepting, though not terribly enamored, with my desire to dress as a girl. I am very blessed that she was willing to fall in love with a sailor back in ‘82.

Nell

- - - Updated - - -

Retired Navy. I did 30 years and decided it wasn't really for me. Had no affect on my desire to dress.

Glad to hear you figured it out after 30 years, Terry. 😀 Thank you most sincerely for your service!! ⚓️

Valentina_Rossi
06-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Hi!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! I did not realize how many how you had experiences connected to Vietnam.

I wanted to ask because I originally lived in s very cosmopolitan city in Latin America. Moving to another, much more conservative city, where there was a very performative masculinity among men (that I found cartoonish) I discovered that there were very vibrant gay and queer underground/scenes, much more than in my original, much more open city. I tended to think that the pressure to show a certain kind of manliness made it that some of that tension had to go somewhere... resulting in those undergrounds.

I was curious to know about your experiences, since the army is supposed to be as manly a place as any. But I can see that this is not the case at all.

Thanks again for your disposition

Love love
Val💋

- - - Updated - - -

Hi!!

@Pat: thanks for the links!!! And sorry for asking something that was already sort of answered☺

@Steph: I can not imagine the poor people who got dosed with agent Orange. I only know the effects from reading... I also worked in a VA hospital in the Midwest with spinal cord injuries patients for a couple of years. This was my first contact with US military... both the patients and personnel were kind and lovely. But the installations were appalling! Rottening and falling apart... Most of the people I worked with were wounded in Serbia and Afganistan.

@Stephanie47: I am sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience in Vietnam. At least you met your wife while in service. And this is the first time that I hear about CDing as a way to cope with PTSD. It makes sense, I think.

@doc: we share that feeling about the army! Though I was there only for one year☺

Thanks again for the generosity of your time, and to the people who PM me about this.

Love love
Val💋

Ceera
06-26-2018, 01:30 AM
I volunteered for service in the US Navy in 1975, right out of high school. The USA had just ended sending troops to the Vietnam war, we were at peace, and I hoped to get the military to pay for a good chunk of my college education. If the Vietnam war had lasted another year, I would likely have been conscripted into the army. The US draft lottery for conscription into military service ended just before I became old enough to potentially get drafted.

I was, at that time, heavily repressing any 'non-straight urges'. I wasn't cross dressing at all. The idea hadn't even occurred to me, outside of a few childhood experiments. The idea that my mind had a strongly feminine aspect and that my true gender identity wasn't strictly 'male' hadn't occurred to me at all. I knew from certain 'experiences' while still in High School that I was potentially bi, but I shut that down hard and tried not to think about it, because I also knew my father would be devastated if his only son was not straight. He couldn't even say the word 'homosexual', but otherwise he was a stellar father, and my family life was great. So I didn't want to disturb that by acknowledging any 'odd' sexual orientation issues.

I did my best, served honorably, and even got a letter of commendation for my work performance under pressure. But I hated living in close quarters with lots of other guys, and having no privacy at all. I was very uncomfortable about the whole living conditions thing. Didn't mind the work (I was a computer tech on a guided missile cruiser). Didn't mind the hours, or even being at sea. I served in the Mediterranean, Atlantic and Pacific. But after about three years it got to a point where I couldn't stand it any longer. Back then, if you were gay or Bi and admitted it, they would give you an honorable discharge if your service otherwise had been good, and mine was. So I took my honorable discharge, went to college, and left the military behind me. I glossed over exactly why I got out when my father asked, giving him other reasons.

My CD/Trans activities didn't happen until I stopped repressing my 'non-straight urges', after my father had died. It was decades later when I started to explore my feminine side, and realized I was transgender, that it dawned on me that my issues with military living conditions had likely stemmed from my feminine aspect in my mind (which was bi, but female gender identity and tending strongly to lesbian) internally screaming about having to live with all those guys! So for me, military service didn't have any sort of cause/effect relationship with my cross dressing.

Kiwi Primrose
06-26-2018, 02:34 AM
We had compulsory military training in the 1950s, 12 weeks introduction and three weeks a year for another three years, plus staying on the reserves for more years. Nothing too onerous or dangerous.
I gave up my bra and panties for the duration.
The main thing I learned is how much I dislike all-male company.

Lacey New
06-26-2018, 06:31 AM
Army, Infantry 73 to 78. Glad I served, even happier to get out.

Alice_2014_B
06-26-2018, 07:17 AM
Air Force active-duty 2000 to 2004.
Air Force Reserves 2008 to Present.
Stationed in Arizona for a year.
Then stationed in England for two years.
TDY to Germany.
Deployed to Qatar, Iraq, Kuwait, and Senegal (west Africa).
:)

Roxanne Lanyon
06-26-2018, 08:24 AM
I worked for the U.S.Army for 30 years, Europe: 11 years, Deployed to Desert Storm, then Bosnia, and finally pentagon. I was a civilian employee all of the time.

Sherri_Christopher
06-26-2018, 09:47 AM
I served in USAF, 1974-79. I swore the oath four days after graduation from HS, against the advice of my parents, uncles, guidance counselor and even my boss at the restaurant I worked. They were all wrong and I had a good service experience in a great AFSC, 25251A. My first duty station was at a base in the Central Coast of California, a truly beautiful place in the USA, and then three years in Deutschland. I got to travel all over Europe! I almost made it a career, but seeing the Air Force was all I knew in my adult life, I decided to separate and was Honorably Discharged. I was still finding myself back then, but a girlfriend left her silky nightgown behind and I'd often wear it and sleep in it. I lived off base on the economy, so it was pretty safe to wear the nightgown.

Pat
06-26-2018, 10:28 AM
@Pat: thanks for the links!!! And sorry for asking something that was already sort of answered☺

Not a problem. It was not a surly "use the search function," it was just an FYI. Threads automatically lock if they haven't been responded to in a certain length of time and all the threads I pointed you to were locked -- you were fine opening a new thread if you wanted to get more current responses. I just thought you might be interested in the content.

mykell
06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
the most impressive one i remember:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?217215-How-many-here-are-exmilitary&highlight=how+many+ex+military

Anna Stouf
06-26-2018, 09:28 PM
U S Army, 1965 - 1967. Vietnam 1966/67.

Obviously when I was in a war zone CDing was the farthest thing from my mind. I was only concerned about doing my job and trying to stay alive.

When I got out of the Army the CDing returned even more intense than it was before I went in. Now, 51 years later, it's stronger than it's ever been.

faithricd
06-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Jamie, I was in the Rhode Island Air National Guard, preparing for a secret mission dubbed “The fall of Fall River”. I’ve been out for a while now, but I believe they are still planning it. Lol. ��

Valentina_Rossi
06-27-2018, 03:40 AM
Hi!!!

@Pat: I actually understood it in the way you meant it and I super appreciated it. I went through the links and read all the answers. Thank you so much!

And again, thanks to everybody... you have given me much to think about.

Love love,
Val

SherriePall
06-27-2018, 03:23 PM
USMCR and Army National Guard. Not long enough to collect any retirement pay. Sitting here now underdressed. When I got off active duty, I went deep into the fog as best I could at the time. Not even remotely close to now, though.
BTW, I see no harm in a thread like this repeating ones from before. After all, there are always new members who can now share with us.

Kieroney
06-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Army. No dressing while in, but I was younger then and was still learning alot about myself.

SarahBJackson
06-27-2018, 08:19 PM
I swore into the Kentucky National Guard as an Officer Candidate in 2010. I was supposed to go to boot camp in Ft. Jackson on October 24th. However, I jacked up my knee which pushed my boot camp date back. I was discharged though and I aged out thanks to Obama who lowered the maximum age of recruits.

Heather Anne
06-28-2018, 02:36 AM
Spent 20 years in the Air Force. Enlisted after graduating from higf school June 1968. Spent a year in Viet Nam at Da Nang AB (December 1969 to December 1970). Retired from the Air Force June 1988. Did not crossdress while in the Air Force. Didn't start crossdressing until about 2000. Purged everything I had twice between 2000 and 2004. In 2004 joined a support group in Atlanta, Ga and have been crossdressing regularly ever since. Was in federal service from September 1989 to May 2016. Did underdress on occassion fortunately never caught disscovered.

Sherrii
06-28-2018, 09:03 AM
I was in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, keeping Massachusetts safe from invasion by Rhode Island.

As someone who lives in R.I. I doubt if R.I. could get it together to invade anything, you have no worries.

I was in the navy for 4 years. I don't know if I would have joined if the draft wasn't hanging over me. I did learn a lot and see a lot, mature a bit, not too much fun while in but looking back I consider it a good experience. And now I can feel that I have done my part to help protect the U.S.A. and keep us free. And that is a good feeling. Sherrrii

Shely
06-28-2018, 09:59 AM
I was ARMY in the 70's and the Air force in the 80-90's. retired with full benefits. It turned me from a self centered bozo into a responsible person, (I think).

Sissy_Michelle
06-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Valentina,

25 years US Army. Before I joined my mom, and a couple of exgirlfriends knew of my desire to crossdress. All ended and was put into a little box in the back of my mind. Only a couple of times did I allow myself to dress up at a couple of costume parties. But most of the time I lived in fear that someone knew or would find out.

Now that I’ve retired from service, I get to dress up more but. . . My wife isn’t liking the idea as much and we have both agreed to some rules. Sort of a truce but at least we’re still together and haven’t caused any unnecessary drama.

@—}——-
Michelle

Barbara Black
06-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Spent three years in the U.S. Army between 72 and 75. I didn't hate it, but I knew it wasn't for me shortly after basic training.
I escaped the draft by having a high number (365), but volunteered right after high school. I deferred entering until October and they stopped sending people to Vietnam while I was in basic training, so I escaped that too, by a hair's breadth.
I had a pair of granny panties that I took to Colorado during my two years there, but went without any dressing in Germany for my final year of service.

Joanne108
06-28-2018, 12:40 PM
I was in the military; however, I was dressing long before I joined!

CynthiaD
06-28-2018, 05:58 PM
I spent 3 years in the Army during the Viet Nam war. I had given up crossdressing "forever" a few years earlier, and was doing all sorts of uber-macho stuff at the time to "prove my masculinity," so dressing wasn't an issue. Oh yeah. I volunteered. I never left the USA.

RADER
06-28-2018, 06:10 PM
I was about to be drafted, instead I joined the Navy, SEA-BEES.
I was already a Carpenter, so why not. I was in for 2 years, of witch
I spent 14 1/2 months in Vietnam. Not Fun.
I could not; and dare not, dress the entire time.
Rader

Jenn A116
06-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Drafted in late 1970. Basic at Ft Dix, AIT at Ft Polk 11B. Nam for most of 1971 in Chu Lai and Long Binh. Early release in early 1972. Made it safely, with only a few mental scars which are long healed over. Was a CD before and after.

Cherylgyno
06-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Valentina. I volunteered to serve. I thought that I was the only heterosexual guy that loved wearing womens clothes. I actually thought that a few years of serving would "cure me".
I went home for my first leave. Family had a big party. The party broke up, Mom saw that I was down. She whispered to me that she had new clothes in my room. I slept in the new clothes that night.
I bought clothes every pay day and would rent a room on town.
I see a PTSD Dr, I told her many years ago. She asked if I blamed the military. Of course I said no way. She asked If I told you that I had a pill that would make you quit would you take it. I told her that I would run away as fast as I could.

Juanita O
06-30-2018, 08:29 AM
I was active duty Air Force from 78-80. I got hurt while serving. 50% disabled. i want to thank my fellow vets for serving.

michaelmichelle
06-30-2018, 12:42 PM
10 years active duty in the Marines. Attached to a Naval advisor team in Thailand for 26 months. Loved the people but not the situation.
Started dressing about 3 years ago at my wife's request and don't see ever quitting.

StaceyJane
07-02-2018, 04:24 AM
Army from 1992 to 2005 as a Medical Laboratory Technician. I did one tour of Iraq in 2003 and decided that was enough. Now I work as a DOD civilian doing the same job I did on the Army

Valentina_Rossi
07-02-2018, 05:13 AM
Hi!!!

Thanks again for all your answers!! I really appreciate the time you took to write...

@Michelle: I guess it is good that your wife knows, and at least tolerates it. I can understand is she does not want to see you like that. I hope you have reached some equilibrium in your relationship wrt your dressing.

Cherylgyno: Did your mom give you female clothes? I am sorry, I was not sure if that is what is implied. If so, Wow!!!! :) And I guess in your therapy, what the question your doctor is asking is if you would extirpate that part of yourself... I know that would not want to give up my femininity. Thanks for sharing, you give me a lot to think :)

Thank you *so* much for your thoughful answers and PMs.

Love love,
Val

CD_Danielle
07-02-2018, 06:07 AM
It does appear that many of us have been in the military. I was in the USAF, 79-88. Had a great adventure, worked hard and played harder! Weapons troops are almost as crazy as EOD troops. In case you may not know, weapons troops either maintain the weapons in the storage area or load them onto the delivery platform = fighters and bombers. Yes I loaded live bombs, missiles, and ammo onto aircraft 🤪! Some of us were not quite right in the head, but this had nothing to do with my having a feminine self. I saw a lot of Europe via Germany and I really miss Germany too. My feminine self was bottled up during these years but surfaced when I left. TTFN!

Danielle

Nikkilovesdresses
07-02-2018, 11:26 AM

Ah yes, the notorious Rhode Island Reds. Where is McCarthy when you need him.

JoanneB
07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
I was in the Navy in the early 70s. I dressed before I went in but obviously could not dress while in especially while on a ship. I went to motels on the weekends that I didn't have duty. I was not drafted-I volunteered.

StarrOfDelite
07-02-2018, 01:40 PM
I am a veteran, but was unaware of my duality when I was in the military service. I was very macho all during young adulthood and early married years, high school and college varsity athlete, Marine Corps officer 0302 MOS, even am adept at boxing and Tae Kwon Do. didn't realize I was a male-to-female transgender person until I was a mature adult, and had been out of the armed forces for at least fifteen years. Looking back I can see specific incidents where my inner self was "shining through," during my youth, but I never made the connection because not only were homosexuals and lesbians a forbidden topic, the word transgender had hardly been invented. My brain was being stimulated in different ways than most of my contemporaries, but because nobody knew about such things, and definitely no one discussed them, I never realized it. Edit: Forgot to answer the question: I was a volunteer, there was no draft when I joined.

Alice Torn
07-02-2018, 07:30 PM
I joined the Air Force in 1975, was in until June 76. Honorable discharge. Was talked into getting our at age 22, by a religious group. I regret not doing my four yrs. I experimented with my mom, and sister's things at age 14. Stopped, but it came back at times, and i ordered pantyhose mail order now and then. 2002, it took off bigtime. Never got to have a SO(, or wife. 64 now, trying to not let it take over my whole life, as I have some mental and emotional disorders.

Midessa sub
07-02-2018, 10:10 PM
I was in the 80's
Thanks
Sharon

LindaC
07-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Viet Nam era, USN. Got real lucky, ended up at Pearl Harbor with a real interesting job, attached to FAU/CINCPAC/CINCPACFLT. Just gave the CD thing up for a couple of years.

Katherine L.
07-05-2018, 08:26 AM
U.S. Army, retired. 20 years, 1981-2001.

helicd
07-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Served my country for four years as a Paratrooper.

susann_gardener
07-05-2018, 02:01 PM

When were you in? 68-74 in 102 Atty.

Erin77
09-05-2018, 09:53 PM
90's for me. Artillery and infantry for the CAF.
GO ARMY!

Laura28
09-05-2018, 10:06 PM
76 thru80 Army combat engineer.

NancySue
09-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Proudly served 6 years in the United States Air Force. I had a top secret clearance in intelligence.

Barbara Black
09-06-2018, 12:32 AM
I volunteered into the U.S. Army. I wasn't going to be drafted anyway though. I was 'this close' to being sent to Viet Nam. I found out that I didn't care for the service quickly, but finished my three years anyway. My crossdressing was limited to a pair of panties during the first part of my tour. Only at night and while we were in the barracks.

Leslie Mary S
09-06-2018, 02:16 AM
Yep, 1962 - 1982 retired USAF. Then went to work as a Civil Servant for the army for 23 years.
First 3.5 years in the AF I was a paramedic. I cross-trained into Secure Communications Equipment Maint. Even was an instructor for Equipment for 3 years. The Civil Services job was the same as the AF job.
At the time, Cross-dressing was a small thing I did off duty and the family were gone.

PaulaJeanette
09-06-2018, 02:57 AM
38 years total service in USAF--active and reserve forces. Enlisted in 1968 ahead of receiving a soon to arrive draft notice. Served 9 years as enlisted member before attending OTS and receiving commission. Enjoyed remaining 28 years as commissioned officer. While overseas during Viet Nam War, dressing was far from my mind and did not return until being back home. From then on, enjoyed lingerie in the evenings in privacy of my room. Retired in 2006.

Being a transvestite/crossdresser was a punishable offense under the UCMJ which would have led to discharge.

JessicasRabbit
09-06-2018, 07:04 AM
Eight years in the Marine Corps. Although there was a "try-"sexual phase whilst in, I didn't start dressing until years after separating.
I don't think it had bearing on my dressing.

helicd
09-06-2018, 07:46 AM
82nd Airborne in the mid 90s.

Fun times and I was glad to serve, but I was also glad to get out and start making good money!

Was already dressing a bit at the time, but mostly suppressed it through the service.

Roxanne Lanyon
09-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Worked for the Army as a Civil Servant for 30 years. Did not dress much, but slowly became more feminine leaning since I have retired. Now, I dream about being a lady much of the time! I would make a good one, too (I think?)
Roxanne Lanyon

"Being a Lady is Quite Wonderful"

Sherrii
09-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Alwayshave, I don't think R.I. could get it together enough to invade anywhere. Anyway, I was in the navy from 68 to 71 to avoid the draft. I wasn't to fond of the military but have always been glad I did my part to help the U. S. stay strong and free. Sherrii

ambigendrous
09-06-2018, 11:15 AM
82nd Airborne in the mid 90s.

Another paratrooper! I was in the 82nd in 1972 - crossdressing was the last thing on my mind during those years - too many other things going on to keep my mind off of it!

Pixie_94
09-06-2018, 11:41 AM
I haven't been in anything like that. Fortunately, my country doesn't have an army, it was abolished in 1948.

lynnstar
09-06-2018, 12:15 PM
I spent 20yrs in the army. Some of it durig vietnam( i did not go to nam, army told me Europe for you). I was in nuclear Arty missiles and Air Defense. I did dress a litte before the army, but dressing had nothing to do with it. I was retired before I started dressing. In earnest.