PDA

View Full Version : sharing photos while shopping in drab

Monica55cd
03-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Have any of you girls done this.. I went to a payless shoe store looked around like usual then when the girl asked, " any help?" i said yes I first was sensing her feelings about me getting something for myself and when she made it clear thats not a problem we started talking about fashion advice ... she showed me some nice heels that she thought were nice too... i asked about a purse to go with a purple blouse and she asked what shade of purple and I said I could show you a photo if thats ok and she said sure... she said how nice I looked and helped me pick out a purse too....she even offered her own story of a friend (male) of hers showing her how to walk in heels..( she said she's terrible and he was so good at it) ......... funny.....

BethCD
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Cdlib,
I've never done that....I'm a chicken s**t shopper...always looking over my shoulder wondering if anyone is noticing mr, etc. So you are brave to have exposed yourself and you found some good help! Congratulations and continued good luck :D

Beth

Monica55cd
03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks Beth... all the good experiences make you want to go further I suppose if i have a negitive one( some one freaking out or asking me to leave the store etc.) but so far that hasnt happened..I amazed how helpful and understanding so many women in stores are..

Jodi
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
When shopping in drab, I always carry some pix with me. As I have said, I am open and always tell them I'm shopping for me. I have been asked by SA's what my style is. I show them the pix. I have gotten many compliments from SA's. I can also tell exactly how an SA feels about waiting on me as to how they look at the pix, their facial expression and their body language. I have had SA's take a quick glance at one pic and quickly hand it back with no comment. Guess what that tells me?

Jodi

CharleneCD
03-18-2006, 12:10 AM
I have thought about doing that. It would make it so much easier for an S/A to get an idea of what I am trying to achieve if they could see what I look like fem.

Snookums
03-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Shop in drab,I guess you can consider low rise jeans with 4 inch heels drab,thats what I shop in.:)

Clare
03-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me Monica. If showing a pic gives the desired result in your shopping experience, then I think you should go with it.

You're also 'coming out of the closet' each time you do that too, which is good for your confidence.

Barb Valentine
03-18-2006, 09:19 PM
today I stop at Payless shoe store to buy a pair of shoes, went in found a
pair I like bought them up to the counter pay of them, then the salesgirl
said
That they get there new stock of larger sizes on Tuesday & Thursdays if I
was looking for something else (isn't this great)

Adrienne Heels
03-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Payless must get a lot of CD customers...the local store here has been very friendly towards me, too.....I have tried on shoes in front of the salesgirls and gotten their opinions, they told me when to come in for a new shipment.

I bring my digital camera with me shopping so I can show my pics to the salesperson...but I am only confortable dealing with a FEMALE salesperson.

paulaN
03-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I can see me doing that in my little town. Wait the ames store closed two years ago. now worries now. the pis idea is a good one though.

newwoman5
03-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I have bought most of my shoes at Payless shoes and I have always had great service. I have shop in drab or en femme and always had a super shoping day.