PDA

View Full Version : Grinning like a Cheshire Cat !!

Teresa
06-29-2018, 08:52 AM
I love days when I have several jobs about town to do . I'm just starting to think about some redecorating, I've bought some wallpaper for a feature wall in my bedroom but now need to find some matching curtains and change some electrics round. So this morning I got made up and slipped the blouse and skirt on that a I wore for my visit to Boots to get my makeup checked out . It's tipping 30 degrees so the chosen outfit and my new wig are still cool to wear . My first stop was the out of town store to check out curtains , surprisingly I got fixed up fairly quickly which gave me some time to check out the sales racks in the clothing department . Just as I was descending the stairs I noticed a very familiar face at the bottom , we passed very closely and smiled at each other , she was a near neighbour from my old house who I have known for many years , I nearly opened my mouth to say hello but thought better of it because of a recent stack up with my wife about me being too open with mutual friends . I happened to give a quick glance back but she continued to walk away without registering who it was . I left the store with a huge grin on my face, that lady doesn't usually miss a single detail , for her not to realise was something a little special .

So onto my next shop to buy some electical fittings , all the work guys were giving my legs a quick glance but nothing to worry about , the SA has served me before so she just has a little fun with me in a light hearted way .

Finally into the supermarket to get some basic food items , I couldn't find the crushed porridge oats so had to ask a male SA , he replied by saying , " I'm awefully sorry MADAM but that item appears to be in short supply at the moment !" I couldn't resist the reply by saying , " Well it doesn't look as if I'll be getting my oats tonight !! " So he smiled and replied , " Looks like someone has got the night off !! " I could see one or two other customers had picked up on this conversation judging by their smiles .

So I drove all the way home grinning like a Cheshire Cat , I'd passed within feet of an old neighbour who I would have expected to pick up on my identity and then I'd had my first MADAM !

Why am I still so surprised ? I guess it's living for so many years in the closet and the outspoken criticism and putdowns from my wife , I know it's going to take a while to get that out of my system . Days like this really do feel good .

Lana Mae
06-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Go, Teresa! I think sometimes we fear discovery when dressed but most are in their own little world and looking to see us dressed! In other words they are able to see the male us but not the female us! You got MADAM, great! I have yet to get madam or maam yet! Sounds like a nice normal day! Hugs Lana Mae

Jaylyn
06-29-2018, 10:04 AM
Can't say I've ever seen any of my cats grin ( their just old farm cats) but I know that it must have made you feel super great inside to be called a madam. Very good story I enjoyed reading of your adventure.out and about just doing your thing. Thanks for sharing and keep grinning.

Nikki A.
06-29-2018, 10:23 AM
I was out recently with a GG friend for a quick dinner. Afterwards I asked her to critique me (as she is usually brutally honest with me). She said I did well, but whenever the waitress referred to us as ladies my eyebrows did a quick upturn in response. I guess I still get a kick out of being Nikki.

Helen_Highwater
06-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Teresa,

Lovely story and to perhaps to put a cherry on the top, this is going to be the new normal for you.

Sidney
06-29-2018, 11:55 AM
I also enjoy your adventures. Dont stop writing, you give inspiration to some. And yes you had me smiling.

GracieRose
06-29-2018, 12:16 PM
I am always on cloud nine after being referred to as ma'am.

DIANEF
06-29-2018, 12:23 PM
I've not had anything like that yet as I have yet to do any interacting, but recently when out a guy stepped aside to let me pass, which I thought was nice. Great Story Teresa.

Teresa
06-29-2018, 12:53 PM
To add a post script to this story , I cooked my meal and decided to walk the dog fully dressed . I'm lucky to have open fields behind me , I usually change into shorts and Tshirt when I've been out so I popped on my shades and off we went , I didn't see anyone but I wasn't too worried , I have to say it was a lovely experience to end the day this way and be fully dressed doing it .

Sidney,
That is the point , it's great to hear other people have been inspired enough to push that little bit further . I know we all want something different from our dressing but to many those first steps out the door are so hard to take but once taken the whole World changes , how I would have regretted the rest of my life not taking these steps now . The other aspect I'm finding is the way people treat you , it's hard to describe maybe they treat you with some fragility , I will add I've never had the feeling they think I'm a freak . I know I've said this before but I feel we intrigue them they don't quite know what we are all I know is it's a lot of fun , I feel so comfortably happy people do pick up on that .

Jaylyn,
I didn't realise " Grinning like a Cheshire Cat was an Enlish saying . I may stand corrected but I think it's a character out of Alice in Wonderland .
The other saying of course is , " The cat that got the cream ! " but that's more to do with looking smug !

Beverley Sims
06-30-2018, 10:44 AM
Teresa,
I am very disapointed in you, I think it is disgusting.......

You are enjoying yourself too much these days. :-)

Tamsin Secret
06-30-2018, 10:59 AM
Hey Teresa,

Loved reading your post. They really help in the confidence building stakes for whenever I venture out again :battingeyelashes:

Tammy